[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Stuff for next ‘A Better Maple’

Comments

• MrHellbannMrHellbann
    Reactions: 780
    edited April 2017
    -Revamp cash shop interface to be like kms
    -Let players buy bonus potential cubes/storage slot coupons with reward points
    -Allow players to preview cash equips from premium boxes before equipping them
    -Increase max mesos limit
    -Make sweet water equips tradable with psok after equipped
    -Restock gollux equip shop monthly
    -Allow converting nx credit to nx prepaid
    -Make nx credit available to buy marvel/philosophers
    -Increase damage skin storage
    -Make drop coupons not disappear after dc
    -Make the game 1080p

• MonsterLifeMonsterLife
    Reactions: 570
    edited April 2017
    July wrote: »
    Hey,

Here some stuff I would like to see in the next ‘A Better Maple’ patch:

Familiar summoning - Add option to key bind a specific familiar. Also allow to summon it after getting hit.

Sweetwater weapons&armor - Allow to use 'Platinum Scissors of Karma' to make those items tradeable for one more time.

On-screen Gadgets (maple points, kaiser ui, luminous ui, etc..) - Make the game "remember" where the player last time placed it when login.

Pets Ignore items skill - Add untradeable and events related items to the list of items.

Princess No - Make Princess No more accessible by removing key requirement or increasing the drop rate.

Hide player messages from chat (Mute) - Add option to when we Right-click player we be able to choose "Mute" so we won't see his messages in our chat. This specially needed because all of the Mesos sellers spam in free market.

Pendant of the Spirit - Who can stay up for 2 hours+ without disconnection or game crash? Please let it give the full potential (30% exp) from the moment we equip it.

Pets Items pouch skill - Allow us to key bind on/off.

Hard Hilla - Remove the restriction for two players or more in party to go in.

Change Equip - Make it possible to change equip after getting hit.

If someone have stuff to add.. pls!

I agree with most of these except a few and heres why.
    With the mute option, i think instead of adding a mute, you could just redefine the blacklist function because blacklist i know blocks a certain amount of things already.

Sweetwater tradeable through psok is most likely a no no, i feel like it'll be better for maple if theres SOME gear thats untradeable after worn, it makes a nice gear sink. Not to mention everyone these days buys them already cubed to decent stats and their fairly easily to obtain. Making them psokable would only decrease the value of sweetwater items.

Change equip possible after getting hit is too abusable if you ask me.., That means i could swap through skill rings and use/switch back super fast and do a lot more dmg with no downside. Also i think the current system is good enough, havent had a issue with switching from main-drop gear on bosses yet..

for the item pet pouch skill, i'd be fine with it as long as they kept the original one of being on pet tab as well since i rather not be required to put that key on my keyboard..i got enough keybinds as is.

Also dont agree with pendant of spirit, i think its called pendant of spirit because it shows you have spirit in the game? meaning you're willing to put time in. Instead, why not switch the ability to be "If you have logged in "x" number of hours today, these are the bonuses you will receive.? Sounds a bit more reasonable.

Familiar summoning <--- i dont see this really coming to maple tbh..because A if mobs are weak..whats the point? if mobs are strong..kay new meta guise. B..i see this being widely abused as afk training C Where would this even go..? every piece? Lemme get that potential line on every piece and summon like 15mobs to fight for me and d/c everyone off the map cause it'll prob lag everyone
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    July wrote: »
    Familiar summoning - Add option to key bind a specific familiar. Also allow to summon it after getting hit.
    I agree with most of these except a few and heres why.
    Familiar summoning <--- i dont see this really coming to maple tbh..because A if mobs are weak..whats the point? if mobs are strong..kay new meta guise. B..i see this being widely abused as afk training C Where would this even go..? every piece? Lemme get that potential line on every piece and summon like 15mobs to fight for me and d/c everyone off the map cause it'll prob lag everyone

I think you misunderstood the idea.
    All July wanted was a keyboard shortcut instead of opening codex, clicking familiar tab, paging through if needed, and clicking on the desired familiar.
    Not a new functionality, just a more convenient way to get to the existing functionality.
    Bahamut_X
  • SumiSumi
    Reactions: 1,840
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    More character slots please. Since some of ys actually do like making all classes. And there are less slots then classes atm. Especially with the upcoming Pink Bean class again... Im gonna have to delete a class just so i can make a character that is gonna be deleted again. But its worth it for the medal. Just make char alots the same amount of classes + a bit more for mules or things like Pink Bean please
    DeeMon
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Sumi wrote: »
    More character slots please. Since some of ys actually do like making all classes. And there are less slots then classes atm. Especially with the upcoming Pink Bean class again... Im gonna have to delete a class just so i can make a character that is gonna be deleted again. But its worth it for the medal. Just make char alots the same amount of classes + a bit more for mules or things like Pink Bean please

While I personally would love that, I think that would be a problem with the Union coming up. It seems to be very carefully tailored to a maximum of 40 characters per account.
    I suppose they could change it so only the 40 highest-leveled characters would count for your Union, though.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    While I personally would love that, I think that would be a problem with the Union coming up.

I hope if the pink bean event comes back [after union] they either increase the number of slots by then or come up with a way to temporarily give us an additional slot. I'm not going to be happy if I have to delete a character lol.
  • SumiSumi
    Reactions: 1,840
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Really hope there is a chance they can change that. Or im gonna have to delete characters just for pink bean =(
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Sumi wrote: »

While I personally would love that, I think that would be a problem with the Union coming up. It seems to be very carefully tailored to a maximum of 40 characters per account.
    I suppose they could change it so only the 40 highest-leveled characters would count for your Union, though.

I'm not 100% on how union works, but couldn't they just limit the union participation to 40 per account, while still having the ability to create more than 40 characters. Like how there's a limit to current character cards used, but you opt in on which ones to use.

I'm personally dreading union as well, since I have about 4 characters that I can't use (old pre-bb chars that I don't want to touch, and beginner-type chars). It'd be great to have more slots so I could fully use union without sacrificing characters.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited April 2017
    MrHellbann wrote: »

Increasing meso limit will just give botters more to abuse,

Restocking gollux will only hurt the economy

And they don't allow nx credit for marvel/books because people pay with paypal then would charge back on dead accounts. Allowing items to transfer which would just create a pool of rare items and they'd lose money.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited April 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »

And they don't allow nx credit for marvel/books because people pay with paypal then would charge back on dead accounts. Allowing items to transfer which would just create a pool of rare items and they'd lose money.

How will having a restocking gollux store be bad for the economy. It would be a pain if someone were to boom their ring.
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited April 2017
    - change in the sist of world party quest, now all the users of all the worlds can enter to it pq ,execpt of europe region
    - remove the opt follow to the character due to crash and dcs and the option crusader codex of info of character
    - add rock teleport of gift by 3 days each week ( in the events of rock teleport, much people to report many hackers and boters due to it item important in its events, it is of help to the game and help for report all act ilegal
    - increase max mesos of 9b to 20b in the sell of items and mesos in trade, fm and auction house due to scammers,problems for whit sistem and new prospect in game
    - nexon launcher abilty to switch accounts without restarting the client changing the interfaz and designof it for switch of accounts
  • MrHellbannMrHellbann
    Reactions: 780
    edited April 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »

Increasing meso limit will prevent more scams
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    The meso limit does need to be increased because in gms there's not any strong meso sinks which has resulted in mesos compounding and their value decreasing. Many items now sell for over cap.

An alternative option for the meso problem would be to bring some of the meso sinks kms has to gms. Meso market, 25 starforce, tradable cash shop cubes, etc.
    July
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I saw some good ideas in this thread and I hope they're at least considered.

My idea for a better maple update would be to revamp the nebulite system.
    • Remove D nebs entirely
    • Allow nebs to be fused using mesos only (could have a high cost to add meso sinks for fusing B and A)
    • Remove ability for fused nebs to tier down
    • Increase tier up rates
    • Allow nebulite boxes to actually drop everywhere
    • Remove nebulite box expiration (optional)
    • Add S rank nebs (optional)

Edit:
    Oh a small commerci update would be nice too. Specifically we should be allowed to use drop rate to get more commerci equips and cubes. I realize this may have to come with a nerf to the base rates but we should be able to use drop rate buffs, equips, event, and cash shop tickets in there.
    JulySlicedTimelink37890Argent
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited April 2017
    Part 3 of suggestions from Daxterbeer

Item and Equipment Changes

-Allow Angelic Blessing Rings as well as their white and dark counterparts to be scrollable, pottable and the ability to be starforced
    -Allow Sweetwater accessories such as the Earrings, Pendant, Shoulder, Belt (Shoulder and Belts drop from bosses and I am surprised they exist) to be part of the Sweetwater set (The current Sweetwater set only includes Armors and Weapons, but no accessories)

NPC Store Changes

-The Gollux Shop shop should restock monthly to allow easy replacement of items such as rings and earrings that were destroyed from failed scrolling

JettLuvsU
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »

• Remove D nebs entirely
    • Allow nebs to be fused using mesos only (could have a high cost to add meso sinks for fusing B and A)
    • Increase tier up rates

Edit:
    Oh a small commerci update would be nice too. Specifically we should be allowed to use drop rate to get more commerci equips and cubes. I realize this may have to come with a nerf to the base rates but we should be able to use drop rate buffs, equips, event, and cash shop tickets in there.

I would like to see the Additional Options and Flames. But I know GMS doesn't want that. I just figured out how it worked and then they got replaced for nebs.

And maybe the Attack on Titan event back. (Hint Season 2 just begun.)
    Daxterbeer
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited April 2017
    RikNL wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »

• Remove D nebs entirely
    • Increase tier up rates

Edit:

I would like to see the Additional Options and Flames. But I know GMS doesn't want that. I just figured out how it worked and then they got replaced for nebs.

And maybe the Attack on Titan event back. (Hint Season 2 just begun.)

I LOVE the flames more if they were craftable like in KMS. I am pretty sure the community likes the idea, but Nexon is making the wrong decision by not implementing flames (or returning them in EMS's situation)

• MewBlueberryMewBlueberry
    Reactions: 1,530
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Things I'd like to see:
    • Beast Tamer dealing more damage (even in her bear form, her damage isn't exactly stellar)
    • Fixing Lil Fort
    • Storage to put untradable items in. I swear, I have 10293849209348 different items clogging up my inventory, and I can't throw a single one out because I need them for quests or something :P
    • Higher exp bonus for being in a party
    JettLuvsUAKradianIts2Sharp4UMageOfBattlesSlicedTimePlyoAtomic
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited April 2017
    Things I'd like to see:
    • Higher exp bonus for being in a party

this!

They should also give us option to turn off drops from events we don't want to participate.. like 'The Mad Bunny'..! the amount of eggs its dropping.. just can't train like that..
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Here's a good change for next a better maple that I forgot about in my previous post.

Crafting decay update:

Either flat out remove this terrible mechanic or at least increase the delay until decay starts. As it currently stands it is NOT EVEN 24 hours before it starts. Could update it to be 24 hours, or a few days?
    July