[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bug Reports not being recognized?

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited October 2016 in Rants and Raves
I'm not going to wait for another few years again to mindlessly come back one day to, "oh this hasn't been resolved".

These
threads
here.

I'd really like to know why certain bug reports such as mine are being ignored without any sort of other reply such as "we require additional information/input", etc. I hate how every time I manage to post a bug report I have to bump it several times or just give up. I know other people are having these situations too.

It really shouldn't be this hard to report a bug.
KittiesKeepComingBackLilyflowerPhantomMasterThiefDedicatedBMBIackbeanJettLuvsUZeldaOfHyruleYakudlePirateIzzyand 1 other.
  1. Have you reported a bug without any issues?7 votes
    1. Yes, all my reports have been recognized with no issues.
       14% (1 vote)
    2. No, some of my reports have not been recognized or fixed.
       57% (4 votes)
    3. No, none of my reports have not been recognized or fixed.
       14% (1 vote)
    4. I have yet to report a bug.
       14% (1 vote)

Comments

• KittiesKitties
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I hope GMS will someday consider a better bug reporting system. It is not very clear on what bugs are already reported if they are much older ones. I really dislike the idea of having to bump a thread to get attention on the matter.
    KeepComingBackLilyflower
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    Yes there are way too many bugs after a maintenance. the guild chat bug still exists and seems like nothing is being done about it. It all just takes a few more testing before releasing the update... Honestly the way its organized really discourage players
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

Yes there are way too many bugs after a maintenance. the guild chat bug still exists and seems like nothing is being done about it. It all just takes a few more testing before releasing the update... Honestly the way its organized really discourage players
    The guild chat bug can't even reliably be replicated. There are other bugs out there that can be reliably replicated though, so those should indeed be fixed ASAP.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

The guild chat bug can't even reliably be replicated. There are other bugs out there that can be reliably replicated though, so those should indeed be fixed ASAP.

Are you for real? It repeatable everytime. You just dont realize it, but your buddy chat and guild chat is glitched if u dont say anything.

check http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/99/guild-buddy-chat-bugs-glitched#latest and see the polls urself.
    Lilyflower
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    I know very well that it happens. If it is so easy to replicate though, tell me what causes the bug. Knowing that it happens and knowing what makes it happen are two entirely separate things, and the difference between being able to not fix it an being able to fix it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

I know very well that it happens. If it is so easy to replicate though, tell me what causes the bug. Knowing that it happens and knowing what makes it happen are two entirely separate things, and the difference between being able to not fix it an being able to fix it.
    If it's easy to replicate, that doesn't mean a user can guess where things go wrong.

It does mean that a programmer can use a debug-enabled client, place breakpoints, track variables, and then perform the action that causes the issue (in our case: log in...) over and over again until they catch the one spot where things start to go wrong.
    And then when they think they've figured it out, they code a fix, and then run the client again and perform the action again, and see whether the unwanted behavior still happens or not.

If an issue can't be replicated at will, then the programmer can't make it happen inside the debugger as many times as needed, which makes finding bugs and fixing them a lot more difficult. But not impossible.
    Lilyflower
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

gamechanger

If it's easy to replicate, that doesn't mean a user can guess where things go wrong.

It does mean that a programmer can use a debug-enabled client, place breakpoints, track variables, and then perform the action that causes the issue (in our case: log in...) over and over again until they catch the one spot where things start to go wrong.
    And then when they think they've figured it out, they code a fix, and then run the client again and perform the action again, and see whether the unwanted behavior still happens or not.

If an issue can't be replicated at will, then the programmer can't make it happen inside the debugger as many times as needed, which makes finding bugs and fixing them a lot more difficult. But not impossible.
    I agree, but this is a bug that cannot be replicated at will. No one knows why it happens, other than that it usually happens if you wait too long between talking in those chats. Which means it could be anything going on in the game.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

AKradian
    AKradian said:

gamechanger

I agree, but this is a bug that cannot be replicated at will. No one knows why it happens, other than that it usually happens if you wait too long between talking in those chats. Which means it could be anything going on in the game.
    I tried telling @KThxBaiNao to test the bug on his Wednesday streams since he is in a guild, Love in Scania when he does his streams. I don't play in Scania so I am not sure if he runs a solo guild or not, But he was not very willing to test the bug itself on-sight-- when we actually had a chance for the CM himself to show that this bug DOES EXIST and ALWAYS HAPPENS.
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

But he was not very willing to test the bug itself on-sight-- when we actually had a chance for the CM himself to show that this bug DOES EXIST and ALWAYS HAPPENS.
    He probably does know it exists, but him replicating it does nothing. He isn't a person apart of development, merely a community manager. He's using a regular client like you and me, not one that specifically tells you what went wrong (I had problems with a game one time and a developer gave me one of those special clients), and how it could've gone wrong. He wouldn't be able to fix it, he would only be able to say "okay guys, the bug exists!" which does nothing for the people trying to find and fix bugs.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited October 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

But he was not very willing to test the bug itself on-sight-- when we actually had a chance for the CM himself to show that this bug DOES EXIST and ALWAYS HAPPENS.
    He probably does know it exists, but him replicating it does nothing. He isn't a person apart of development, merely a community manager. He's using a regular client like you and me, not one that specifically tells you what went wrong (I had problems with a game one time and a developer gave me one of those special clients), and how it could've gone wrong. He wouldn't be able to fix it, he would only be able to say "okay guys, the bug exists!" which does nothing for the people trying to find and fix bugs.
    That be great if they did say "okay guys, the bug exists!" But this is not the case. They keep telling the players that it is not easily replicated... But if the CM can just show the hundreds of watchers that this glitch exists and make it official-- then that would rest our case --- for a fix in the very near future--- rather than telling us--- not replicated easily --- just officially announce this issue. It is also not on the official bug list.
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

That be great if they did say "okay guys, the bug exists!" But this is not the case. They keep telling the players that it is not easily replicated... But if the CM can just show the hundreds of watchers that this glitch exists and make it official-- then that would rest our case --- for a fix in the very near future--- rather than telling us--- not replicated easily --- just officially announce this issue. It is also not on the official bug list.
    Um, they're saying it's not easily replicated on their test servers. The live servers don't do squat for the guys trying to fix it, and if they can't replicate it in their test servers of course they're going to say it's hard to replicate. Pretty sure everyone knows it exists so there's no use proving it to the watchers, I mean I don't even play anymore and I remember this glitch.
    The official bug list has always been a bit sketchy, leaving out particular bugs. But in its defense this time, I'll say the people trying to fix the bug can't replicate it therefor they don't fully recognize it as a bug. Even IF Michael did replicate it on his stream, it wouldn't do anything for them. I'm sure Michael has seen videos of it happening, potentially sent them over to the guys working on it.. so him experiencing it won't change what is happening currently, that's just wishful thinking.
    Unfortunately, this seems like the type of problem that would either take a long time to fix, or be accidentally fixed.

(Just in case anyone is curious, I'm not defending how this bug or any others are handled -- I'm just saying that some bugs take time, a whole lotta time, to be fixed.)
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

Uzume
    Uzume said:

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

Unfortunately a lot of bugs are not easy to find. When @KThxBaiNao streams himself playing MS, he is usually streaming his personal account (from my understanding, I don't actually use twitch), which means he isn't working. Can you blame him for not wanting to verify a bug when he is playing on his personal account?
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

Uzume
    Uzume said:

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

Unfortunately a lot of bugs are not easy to find. When @KThxBaiNao streams himself playing MS, he is usually streaming his personal account (from my understanding, I don't actually use twitch), which means he isn't working. Can you blame him for not wanting to verify a bug when he is playing on his personal account?
    gamechanger

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

Uzume
    Uzume said:

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

UPDATE!!!!! THEY FIXED GUILD + BUDDY CHAT!!!!!
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited October 2016
    Salty af they did NOTHING to fix the cash shop glitch myself and a few others are experiencing. We. CANNOT. BUY. ANYTHING. I sent them a ticket and posted on forums, and a gm's reply was "oh do a full shut down lel." After the minor patch the issue is still here.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2016
    its actually really easy to make it happen
    just shut your client down completly and restart client
    its pretty much every time u log it
    when it happens to fix it just type something 2 times
    it will happen in bl or guild
    typing in either will fix both
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited October 2016
    Pimppi said:

or @pimppi-- nexon recently fixed the bugs. guild + buddy chat are working perfect now!
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

Pimppi said:

or @pimppi-- nexon recently fixed the bugs. guild + buddy chat are working perfect now!
    i still get this chat bug upon logging in
  • bodhisativabodhisativa
    Reactions: 540
    edited October 2016
    Ya I reported a bug and nothing has been done
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2016
    I decided to add a poll for future reference.

It's also nice to see once in awhile where several bugs get recognized. Hopefully there'll be a change to the system where it becomes more reliable for forwarding.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited October 2016
    Sweetheart123

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

Pimppi said:

i still get this chat bug upon logging in
    nah they fixed guild chat 100%