[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon does listen to our complaints...

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2017 in Rants and Raves
... and uses them to make each event more painful than the last.

Or at least, that's how it seems.

What do we have this patch?

Well, first of all, we have the Easter Egg potions in three colors, dropping like rain despite the fact that you only need 10, of a single color, for a daily quest. And Easter Egg ETC items, dropping almost as frequently, even though we only need 30 for a daily quest. Both of these things happened last year, too, and the year before, and the year before. We complain every year. One time they event reduced the drop rate some, in a maintenance. But now it's back up to insane levels. If you loot them, your inventory explodes. If you pet-ignore them, you lag due to so many items on the ground.

And if that lag was not enough, we have the rocket effect from looting rocket booster items. Because we complained about the Choco event, you see, and the lag when looting combo orbs. So now combo orbs are normal, but we lag when looting these drops (of which we need ~1000 a day).

Oh, and we also get the chat spam from these Rocket things, same as the Artifact event, that we already complained about.

Why?
Why can't events just be fun?
I'm ok with having to kill 2000 enemies for attendance (instead of the usual 200 or 300), and I'm fine with collecting 10k points a day. That's the KMMO grind, and there are rewards for it.
But why do we have to have these extra features of chat spam, drop spam, inventory clog, and lag laggity lag, along with our grind?
FennekinRegretfuIlyLilyflowerPirateIzzyjofnoaisfgagIts2Sharp4UMewsBellamazedAlexFIvangoldand 4 others.

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited April 2017
    i really dont like extra features such as chat spam,drop spam,inventory clog while a player is grinding its annoying :/ who's idea to put extra features! i am very dissapointed.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Oh, and the Reward Points from the Spring Heatwave Boxes are really nice - but why must we go into cash shop to deposit them after every 10 boxes?
    So slow and disconnect-prone!
    NyaraTubaRaw
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    My biggest peeve is the system chat spam for sure! I can't have conversations and miss snippets of text quite frequently.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    i think nexon made mistake and missed to put those things in its own(combat section)
    but yea am sure its not about ignore or someting its due to luck of power to change (fix)
    the korean team that has the only power (and am sure they allready trying hard to work on their issues)
    we are let on ourown ways to make some temp fixes
    JettLuvsUBellamazed
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited April 2017
    Why can't Nexon place the chat spam into the combat tab instead? It can't be that hard.
    BellamazedRaw
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited April 2017
    Would be awesome if they could fix this chat spam, it's really annoying.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited April 2017
    event hall lag op :(
    Raw
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    In addition to this: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/40514/#Comment_40514

We'll be making changes to the animation of the rockets to help reduce the lag.
    Additionally, we'll also be removing the message spam players have been seeing due to the rocket event.

These changes will take place after this week's maintenance.
    Thank you guys,

Arwoooo~
    BellamazedMisterKrekelSesomSlayerMegaScience
  • TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Reactions: 2,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Can u also reduce the lag in Event Hall ??? I still crash and lag badly there still
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    ManiOh wrote: »
    i think nexon made mistake and missed to put those things in its own(combat section)
    but yea am sure its not about ignore or someting its due to luck of power to change (fix)
    the korean team that has the only power (and am sure they allready trying hard to work on their issues)
    we are let on ourown ways to make some temp fixes
    Arwoo wrote: »
    In addition to this: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/40514/#Comment_40514

Additionally, we'll also be removing the message spam players have been seeing due to the rocket event.

Thank you guys,

Arwoooo~

as i said sadly we only get some temp fix and hope it will reduce the lag but not fix or place as its suppose to be

i dont complain its stil better then nothing i hope it reduce the lag but the real thing i hope its in future we get our team that can make right changes also GM team (europe-luna server)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Can u also reduce the lag in Event Hall ??? I still crash and lag badly there still

That one is not as easy, apparently.
    They keep trying all sorts of stuff, and it's not working.
    I don't know why they don't want to just hide Cassandra, Gaga, and Maple Admin, each in their own little room. Or remove them entirely and put all their quests in the various notifiers on the left.
    AlexF
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »

I don't know why they don't want to just hide Cassandra, Gaga, and Maple Admin, each in their own little room. Or remove them entirely and put all their quests in the various notifiers on the left.

Is it just me or was this "fix" just gone and made everything worst?

I was one of the few who didn't lag - and now I do. So many NPC's in one room, and the shops or w.e are already available outside. Starting tomorrow its going to get even worst I would imagine with various new quests starting.

You're not the only one.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11387/event-hall-lagging-worse-than-ever
  • PleinairPleinair
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »

Thank you guys,

Arwoooo~

Thank you Arwoo! :)
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017

Personally, I'd rather they fix the root cause of the problem instead of wasting effort on a workaround that could allow the issue to quietly persist until it returns in full force with a different update. Not that I prefer the lag so much as I prefer the issue being gone than hidden.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017

Personally, I'd rather they fix the root cause of the problem instead of wasting effort on a workaround that could allow the issue to quietly persist until it returns in full force with a different update. Not that I prefer the lag so much as I prefer the issue being gone than hidden.

Normally I'd agree with you, but after so many months of "we're fixing event hall lag with this maintenance!" followed by things getting worse (for many if not all users), I'd rather just have the problem shoved into a corner where they can work on it at their leisure, while we are able to play the game.
    I am not looking forward to yet another inaccessible coin shop or three, this anniversary season.
    MegaScienceAlexFTubaLilyflower
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    yea about event hall i agree
    cassandra and admin npc are known for lag issue for yearsssssss

am glad they moved them from towns (where it all started)

but sadly for us we have events and things going there so would be nice if they move agian to some inside map in event hall
    i know its not best soulution but it will help alot untill nexon find the best soulution i mean its been for years like this
    (- some short periods where it get fixed or we were able to go in with some not so bad framerate )
    and time used to find fix or makeing some "changes" in event hall last few maintenance could have been used for something else
    so the idea to move the npc in smaller map inside event hall or somewhere its good +1 :)