[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Not enough time to claim Sudden Mission Rewards

FennekinFennekin
Reactions: 2,941
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2017 in Rants and Raves
Because there are too goddamn many event drops, and it takes too goddamn many tries to drop ONE ITEM. Like, am I the only one that has to repeatedly drag n drop an item before it succeeds? Sometimes it just doesn't register. My favorite part is when I FINALLY succeed in dropping one of those goddamn egg pots, only to pick up another one, refilling the spot that took 30 seconds to free up.

Another thing - trying to change equips on a map with enemies. Just refuses to work most of the time. Walked all the way out to your training spot but forgot to put on your drop equips? Welp, gotta go back to town and change.
TanyaDeeMonBellamazedJettLuvsU

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I once posted a suggestion on this, but I can't find it now so it must have been in the old forums:
    The clock for claiming sudden-mission rewards should stop counting down as soon as you click the button once.
    Then if it tells you that you need to drop items, you can do it at leisure.

The purpose of that countdown is to prevent bots from claiming sudden mission rewards for missions they complete "unintentionally" (like "kill X mobs"). I don't know whether it fulfills that purpose, but if it does, stopping the clock once you click it will not make it less effective.

You're not the only one for whom dropping items sometimes fails to work. It works more consistently if I drag the items lower on the screen than the inventory window, but even then it doesn't always work.

As for switching gear on a map with enemies: they never said they'd allow it. Makes it too easy for bossers to switch to drop gear right before the killing blow.
    You can use the Ardentmill tele to get to a quiet place to put your gear on. But there's a half hour cooldown on that, so don't forget your gear too often :)
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    I agree, it's an unnecessarily short timer. If they want to prevent botters from receiving rewards they could up it to two to five minutes and still be successful in that sense. Since most botters are unlikely to check their characters every 2-5 minutes it's likely they will miss the chance to redeem, but it gives legitimate players who need a few moments to clear out some space time to do so.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    As for switching gear on a map with enemies: they never said they'd allow it. Makes it too easy for bossers to switch to drop gear right before the killing blow.
    You can use the Ardentmill tele to get to a quiet place to put your gear on. But there's a half hour cooldown on that, so don't forget your gear too often :)

Problem is, in KMS, players can switch gear as long as the mobs miss on the player; won't work if you get hit of course. We still can't do that.
  • camra94camra94
    Reactions: 760
    edited April 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Problem is, in KMS, players can switch gear as long as the mobs miss on the player; won't work if you get hit of course. We still can't do that.

If you can guard or dodge enough hits you should be able to put on equips just fine. I do it all the time with my mercedes because the game seems to think i'm out of combat
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited April 2017
    This is why I love maining a BaM. Party shield is great.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Why does it even have a timer.
    That just makes everything worse for everyone.
    JettLuvsUAlexF