[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Burning Project

VirconaVircona
Reactions: 745
edited April 2017 in General Chat
Anyone know how to get the Burning Project event to work on my new Xenon? The instructions accompanying the announcement are incorrect. I can see the event/quest under the star notifier on other accounts, but not my new one.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2017
    if i recall, you have to begin the quest and then when you create the character youll be able to burn it, read the quest from other account if it says thatll be burned, dont accept it
    Bellamazed
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    if i recall, you have to begin the quest and then when you create the character youll be able to burn it, read the quest from other account if it says thatll be burned, dont accept it

Pretty sure it has to be a new character to burn anyway, right? So hopefully accepting the quest on an existing character shouldn't pose the risk of burning the wrong char.
  • VirconaVircona
    edited April 2017
    Can't do anything with it from an existing account other than read the details. It says you can start it on a new account, but you can't actually do that.
    Elinstar
  • ElinstarElinstar
    Reactions: 600
    edited April 2017
    I can't find any way of getting it to work either. I've restarted my character 4 times, logged different characters in, exited the game, exited the launcher, restarted everything.. The only thing I can think of is that the event quests don't actually show up for a character unless they're over level 33, so that could be the issue. I thought you were supposed to be able to select the burning character from character selection screen, and double leveling is supposed to start at level 10.. so.. hmm..
  • UsaniiUsanii
    Reactions: 210
    edited April 2017
    Got to lv 33, no burning acceptance quest
    did i just waste my time?
  • RoseDropRoseDrop
    Reactions: 875
    edited April 2017
    I'm at a loss of what to do as well.
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    edited April 2017
    Guys - it hasn't started. It's PDT, not UTC like the rest of the events for some strange reason.

[Update 4/11] This event starts and ends at midnight PDT.
    maplestory.nexon.net/news/21660/v-184-12th-terrorversary-patch-notes :)
    DarkPassenger
    edited April 2017
    Bellamazed wrote: »
    Guys - it hasn't started. It's PDT, not UTC like the rest of the events for some strange reason.

was about to mention this, they updated message
  • RoseDropRoseDrop
    Reactions: 875
    edited April 2017
    Oh... In that case it starts in 4 1/2 hours.
  • VirconaVircona
    edited April 2017

Midnight on 4/11 was over 19.5 hours ago.

So this means Nexon:
    A. Forgot that midnight is the beginning of the new day,
    B. Decided to suddenly start using PDT instead of UTC (although they should have been doing that already), and
    C. Put all of the starting text and whatnot into the game without actually starting the event.

That's kind of a lot of blunders for one small event. But alright. Hopefully it works by midnight 4/12 in a few hours.
    edited April 2017
    Vircona wrote: »

So this means Nexon:
    B. Decided to suddenly start using PDT instead of UTC (although they should have been doing that already), and
    C. Put all of the starting text and whatnot into the game without actually starting the event.

That's kind of a lot of blunders for one small event. But alright. Hopefully it works by midnight 4/12 in a few hours.

Midnight PDT it's only 7:43 PDT
  • ElinstarElinstar
    Reactions: 600
    edited April 2017
    They just updated the original post on the main page because earlier it stated that the burning project would begin at 8:00 pm EDT Tuesday which is my timezone. They JUST changed it for whatever reason. Now apparently it's starting at 3:00 AM EDT. Of course I was paying close attention to the time. I imagine it was meant to start with the other events but it was timed wrong?
  • VirconaVircona
    edited April 2017

So this means Nexon:

Midnight PDT on 4/11. Midnight/12:00 AM is the first minute of the day. That was 20 hours ago. 4 hours from now will be midnight 4/12.
    edited April 2017

So this means Nexon:

Midnight PDT on 4/11. Midnight/12:00 AM is the first minute of the day. That was 20 hours ago. 4 hours from now will be midnight 4/12.

since the terrorversity update was announced, it said april 12th will begin the anniversary and the burning, so yeah, they meant midnight, in 4 hours to align with the anniversary event

• VirconaVircona
    edited April 2017
    zzz yeah, seeing that now. Misleading and contradicting though, lol. Well as long as it works in 4 hours, no problem here.
    edited April 2017
    The messed up with the date,
    zzz yeah, seeing that now. Misleading and contradicting though, lol. Well as long as it works in 4 hours, no problem here.

my guildmates said if you spin your computer clock forward to the 12th, youll be able to burn
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    edited April 2017

So this means Nexon:

4/11 is the date the update was posted.- the event starts on the 12th like everything else, except at midnight PDT which is in 3 hours and 10 minutes.

Burning Project
    April 12 - April 25
  • VirconaVircona
    edited April 2017
    EDIT: double post from like 20 minutes ago. lol
    edited April 2017
    Can confirm the setting the time of computer forward to the 12th will let you do burning
    BellamazedDaisukeHaruto