[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The GMS website design is UGLY.

JubJubJubJub
Reactions: 470
edited April 2017 in Rants and Raves
I'm sick and tired of how the GMS website design has drastically changed. It's bulky, oversized, dull, and cluttered.
There are redundant buttons like PLAY NOW , then at the top PLAY FREE NOW, then at the top VERY VERY TINY, "login" and "Sign up"
REALLY??? Just keep it simple. ONE LOGIN BUTTON. ONE SIGN UP BUTTON. Make it right in my face like all the other websites have done.

Ever notice how KMS, JMS, CMS all have a similar great design style? It doesn't stretch all the way across the screen, its easy to navigate and keeps that cute maple theme.
The login and download button are easy to find, its color and unique. The news, rankings, and updates are simple and appealing to the eye.
The website used to be cute and much easier to look at, why'd you have to change it???
If your excuse is to make it better for mobile browsing, then make a separate site for it then SMH. Have a concept where it can detect if you're on mobile or not, like other sites do. Why would most players be on the website anyway for a PC game? I'm sure you guys can be more creative with the mobile theme too.

images below for comparison.

http://imgur.com/a/hiMJD
BellamazedJettLuvsUFennekinUzumeLilyflower

Comments

• BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    I really like the colourful and cartoony look the other regions use. It really captures the vibe of MapleStory for sure

Ours feels very serious and flat and non-mapley. I think it's following a consistent theme across all Nexon game websites though, it's just unfortunate it doesn't really mesh with Maple.
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I really enjoy other version's site setup too. I'm really into TMS's site, right now!!!

I think it'd be nicer if the GMS site followed the theme of the other sites, but I can kinda see why they chose to make it simple.
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited April 2017
    I like how the website is right now, it's cleaner and pragmatic, the older version just seems a bit confusing and had unnecessary visual information.
    JettLuvsU
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited April 2017
    I'm getting used to it