[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[MAP/NPC] Event Hall Lag

Comments

• SSVKSSVK
    Reactions: 840
    edited April 2017
    my burning time char is stuck :(

can't even escape and i just got to 75 too just making today :(
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    SSVK wrote: »
    my burning time char is stuck :(

can't even escape and i just got to 75 too just making today :(

Log out.
    Log back in.
    Hit ESC key to close the Thursday window.
    Hold the UP key to get out of Event Hall.
    Good luck.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2017
    Curious coin shop? Henesys and leafre has blackbean there
  • JinTheHeroJinTheHero
    Reactions: 430
    edited April 2017
    Ever since the most recent patch, none of my characters are able to enter the event hall without my computer freezing up to the point where I have to use my computer's task manager to exit out of maplestory. Why does nexon continue to place event npcs in the event hall when there's a ton of issues in that area? Several maplers are unable to participate in various events because they lag insanely badly there. Please move the event npcs in town areas, so everyone can participate in future events without any issues. PLEASE!!!!!!! Stop giving maplers false hope by saying that the maintainence will fix it because it NEVER has and probably NEVER will!!!! Why does Nexon Fix exploits insanely quickly and almost flawlessly while never fixing hardcore issues at all like the event hall? WHY????????!!!!!
  • DalethDaleth
    Reactions: 1,855
    edited April 2017
    I refuse to answer the poll on the grounds that it puts words in my mouth that I do not wish to say.

On a serious note: Yeah, I experience it, it's annoying but workable.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited April 2017
    Heyo

I totally get that you/we are tired of waiting. I promise you this issue hasn't been swept under the rug. Us volunteers have been forwarding everything we can find on this topic since September 2016. Last report I made about this was just a week ago. I am super optimistic this will be resolved at some point, the question is when. Not all bugs are created equally and can take waaay longer to fix. Not saying waiting this long is super duper or anything, what I am saying is that if it was "easy" to fix it would have been resolved already.

Video reports I have made.

April:
    April:

November 2016:

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    @Invulgo , we know they know about Event Hall. But it seems to me they have not the slightest clue why it lags, which is why they keep trying fixes that aren't doing anything or are making things even worse, at least for some people.
    Videos are good but they only show that the lag exists, they don't show why.
    What needs to happen is that the devs use a profiling-enabled client to log into the live game server on a character that is affected, go to Event Hall, and then look at the profiler output to see where the client is spending all its time.
    Do you know whether they've done that or are doing it? I think I read that MegaScience is still lagging badly in there, for example.

Also, for the thread's title: it's NPC, not NCP...
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    @Invulgo , we know they know about Event Hall. But it seems to me they have not the slightest clue why it lags, which is why they keep trying fixes that aren't doing anything or are making things even worse, at least for some people.
    Videos are good but they only show that the lag exists, they don't show why.
    What needs to happen is that the devs use a profiling-enabled client to log into the live game server on a character that is affected, go to Event Hall, and then look at the profiler output to see where the client is spending all its time.
    Do you know whether they've done that or are doing it? I think I read that MegaScience is still lagging badly in there, for example.

Also, for the thread's title: it's NPC, not NCP...

A tad fast on the keyboard. I Fixed the title. I don't know if they did that, sounds very useful.

I lag in there myself lately, the odd thing is I do not lag on some channels. Does that make any sense to you? When logging in directly to Event Hall from cc 10 everything is fine, no lag. I however was not able to reproduce it on the mini laptop. This does indicate something channel bases perhaps. Just a theory though.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited April 2017
    I'm not even getting a single frame every five seconds anymore, I literally have to wait ten seconds to see my mouse twitch and then the game just freezes. I literally can't do a thing but to spam the up arrow and hope I get out.

Are the event shops anywhere else?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    I'm not even getting a single frame every five seconds anymore, I literally have to wait ten seconds to see my mouse twitch and then the game just freezes. I literally can't do a thing but to spam the up arrow and hope I get out.

Are the event shops anywhere else?

The anniversary shop is in Leafre and Henesys, maybe other towns as well.
    But the only place to turn in leaves is Event Hall.
  • darkangel01darkangel01
    Reactions: 800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    i can't move and go no where it keep saying not responding and frozen up that is why i hardly go in the event hall why are you doing this yesterday was find now it frozen because you did your dumb maintenance stop it now my pink bean frozen up and i can't level it.
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited April 2017
    This problem had been reported since around October 2016. The only thing that can solve your problem is, if you use Desktop instead of Laptop. If you use Laptop, you must have like 8 cores/16 cores. If you only have 4...then forget it to enter the event hall.
  • Keyan the EvanKeyan the Evan
    Reactions: 2,115
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Spent 40 minutes lagging while trying to pass in leaves to finally do it and realize you can only pass in one hundred a day...

Can we just stop using the Event Hall for important things such as exchanges? Or just stop using NPCs in there and only there specifically?
  • piercedfreakpiercedfreak
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited May 2017
    Bug type: Extreme lag in event hall

Brief bug summary: Enter event hall to turn in maple leafs for anniversary event, and almost freezes, takes a good 2 minutes from entering to be able to exit, holding the up arrow without being able to do anything in event hall.

More details: Old issue, that was never fixed, just brushed under the rug. I can not enter event hall to do anything. When I enter event hall CPU usage pegs to 100%, and holds. I have tried setting affinity to just 1 cpu, and it does not help, 1 cpu, or 4 cpu, same issue.

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce: Enter event hall.

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: Mïnion

Character level: 216

Character job: Evan

World name: Windia

Date and time of the incident: 11:57 EDT

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)