[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Remove Crafting Decay

ArcheryiArcheryi
Reactions: 1,370
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Losing mastery after 24 hours and decaying from Meister to Craftsman to Lv 10 makes about as much sense as losing EXP because you don't hunt monsters for a day. This is an obnoxious feature that really needs to go.
AKradianPirateIzzySealFennekinmjgj96RegretfuIlyAlexFInvulgoMisterKrekelIts2Sharp4Uand 6 others.

Comments

• ArchanIomharArchanIomhar
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited April 2017
    Yes, I don't understand why this is a thing at all. I'm in full support of this being removed because I don't even see reducing the rate of decay as beneficial either.
    ArcheryiRikoLattéHuskyDMKuronekonovaJennnnnnnnnnname_already_exsists
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I 110% agree. I think more people would get into professions if it were not for this restriction.
    ArcheryiHuskyDMGenkaiX1Jennnnnnnnnnname_already_exsists
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited April 2017
    Completely agreed. I had meister on my Smithing mule a year ago, and took a 4 month hiatus. Couldn't be bothered to do it again due to any vacations I may take.
    If they're so insistent on keeping decay, then how about this: make it that you can lock your mastery, but you cannot craft anything while it is locked.

...Or just remove it.
    ArcheryiGenkaiX1Jennnnnnnnnnname_already_exsists
  • SealSeal
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited April 2017
    As if the material requirements weren't difficult and challenging enough, it's hard enough to level to Meister without using up the materials for the items I actually want to craft.
    ArcheryiGenkaiX1name_already_exsists
  • ArcheryiArcheryi
    edited April 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Completely agreed. I had meister on my Smithing mule a year ago, and took a 4 month hiatus. Couldn't be bothered to do it again due to any vacations I may take.
    If they're so insistent on keeping decay, then how about this: make it that you can lock your mastery, but you cannot craft anything while it is locked.

...Or just remove it.

The in-game rationale is that you basically start forgetting what you've learned how to make from not making it. I don't remember the last time I forgot how to cook meals, drive a car, or play this game because I didn't for a day. It's an irrational, pitiful, grimy way of keeping people playing and for the benefit of all of Mapledom needs the boot.
    GenkaiX1name_already_exsists
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited April 2017
    Archeryi wrote: »
    PirateIzzy wrote: »

...Or just remove it.

The in-game rationale is that you basically start forgetting what you've learned how to make from not making it. I don't remember the last time I forgot how to cook meals, drive a car, or play this game because I didn't for a day. It's an irrational, pitiful, grimy way of keeping people playing and for the benefit of all of Mapledom needs the boot.

Pretty much this. I wish they'd remove it already. No other MMO has this sort of thing. It's horrible. Players have made this suggestion time and time again for years it's a wonder why it still hasn't been changed.
    name_already_exsists
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Peep wrote: »
    Pretty much this. I wish they'd remove it already. No other MMO has this sort of thing. It's horrible. Players have made this suggestion time and time again for years it's a wonder why it still hasn't been changed.

Easy guess: It hasn't been changed because Nexon fears that the demand for Cash Shop cubes would drop if everyone could afford to keep a meister smith on their account.
    YinYangXGenkaiX1
  • ArcheryiArcheryi
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Peep wrote: »

Easy guess: It hasn't been changed because Nexon fears that the demand for Cash Shop cubes would drop if everyone could afford to keep a meister smith on their account.

Pretty much, yeah. It's about the money. There are somethings they could do though:

1. Keep decay but make players unable to decay below a tier already achieved (a meister can't become an MC and an MC can't become Lv. 10).
    2. Get rid of decay but double or even triple the mastery needed to achieve the next tier.
    3. Get rid of decay and increase the items needed to craft things.
    4. Get rid of decay, red cubes, and lower the price on black cubes.
    5. Get rid of decay and increase the price on using MCC/MC on items substantially. Require a price regardless of the item's level.
    SealRikoLattéUserRedGenkaiX1name_already_exsists
  • JennnnnnnnnnJennnnnnnnnn
    Reactions: 1,065
    edited September 2019
    I vote get rid of decay
    name_already_exsists
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    Getting rid of decay would do wonders for the game as it would allow F2P players to keep up with whales (barely but anything than how it is currently is better). Plus all I've seen worth crafting besides cubes and flames is the Meister Ring and Meister Earrings.
    GenkaiX1name_already_exsists
This discussion has been closed.