[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Buff Freezers in Reboot

ZeroByDivideZeroByDivide
Reactions: 470
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
x-post from reddit

Players in Reboot are very limited with the amount of damage that they can get from equips due to Reboot's restrictions. As such, in order for end-game bosses to be possible (Lucid, Hard Lotus, Hard Damien) many external buffs need to be used. All of the mentioned bosses have a 5 second potion cooldown, making reusing multiple external buff potions unviable. Even for mid-game players, buff freezers would be useful in boss fights like hard magnus/CRA. Buff freezers are useful to players at all stages of the game, but are a necessity for end-game bosses.

A few reasons why Reboot should have access to buff freezers:

• KMS Reboot has had them in cash shop permanently since V patch

• Non-Reboot servers have an NPC in town that allows them to purchase 3 buff freezers daily for 1,000,000 mesos each

• There have been Cash Shop Events allowing Reboot players to purchase buff freezers for meso in the cash shop in past, but these sales were only limited to 1-2 days, with a duration of 1 week

• Hard to obtain buffs (apples, hunters, V buffs, etc) are a valuable resource that are a necessary damage boost, that are only obtainable through events or daily quests

• Nexon has shown they're ok with giving out buff freezers from recent events (artifact/golden rocket rider events)

• Adding buff freezers to Reboot will not break the game

Adding buff freezers to Reboot is a much needed quality of life change that would help the majority of the playerbase. Given that KMS Reboot got them as a permanent addition to their cash shop almost a year ago, there is no reason why we shouldn't have buff freezers in GMS Reboot.
DarkPassengerSeal

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2017
    Like the bullet points. I concur with the premise, buff freezers are essential to limited damage in reboot.
  • SealSeal
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited April 2017
    Logical reason and points I agree with. Makes no sense why they haven't been added to Reboot yet.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I would very much like to see Buff Freezers added to Reboot. :)

Every other server has them available in some form besides GMS Reboot.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    This is a suggestion we can absolutely suggest.
    While we don't see any issues with introducing an item that assists players tackling tough challenges on Reboot, we'll have to discuss further with our team including our developers.

Arwoooo~
    ZeroByDivideNyara
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    While we don't see any issues with introducing an item that assists players tackling tough challenges on Reboot, we'll have to discuss further with our team including our developers.

Arwoooo~

Thank you, please remind them that every other server has access to them in some form, including TMS and KMS Reboot. :)
  • ZeroByDivideZeroByDivide
    Reactions: 470
    edited April 2017
    Thank you, Arwoo! I really appreciate it. :)
  • lagging247YAYlagging247YAY
    Reactions: 320
    edited April 2017

Arwoooo~

Thank you!
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    I'm sure some of you have noticed already, but...

k8TUgx3.png
    Klarabumbertyr
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited April 2017
    I'm sure some of you have noticed already, but...

k8TUgx3.png

ayyyyyyy ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)