[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Steam login fails if % in password

TuraielTuraiel
Reactions: 100
edited April 2017 in Tech Support
Bug type: Login (Steam)
Brief bug summary: Login from Steam launcher fails if password contains '%'

More details:
When trying to log in from the Steam launcher, I found that the "log in" button doesn't work if the password contains a percent sign. This is not against Nexon's password guidelines to my knowledge, as I was able to set my password to one containing that symbol. However, if a percent sign is present in the password field of the Steam launcher login form, it is not possible to submit the form. Removing the symbol allows the log in form to be submitted properly (but that doesn't help if the password contains it).

Because of this restriction, I was forced to change my password in order to play the game.

This issue does not affect the Nexon Launcher.

Steps to reproduce:
See above

Date and time of the incident: April 11, time unknown (EDT)

Comments

• yaboyoliveryaboyoliver
    Reactions: 660
    edited April 2017
    Turaiel wrote: »
    Bug type: Login (Steam)
    Brief bug summary: Login from Steam launcher fails if password contains '%'

More details:
    When trying to log in from the Steam launcher, I found that the "log in" button doesn't work if the password contains a percent sign. This is not against Nexon's password guidelines to my knowledge, as I was able to set my password to one containing that symbol. However, if a percent sign is present in the password field of the Steam launcher login form, it is not possible to submit the form. Removing the symbol allows the log in form to be submitted properly (but that doesn't help if the password contains it).

Because of this restriction, I was forced to change my password in order to play the game.

This issue does not affect the Nexon Launcher.

Steps to reproduce:
    See above

Date and time of the incident: April 11, time unknown (EDT)

Thanks for the report, we will look into it.