[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Suggestion Survey pop-up.

SaifsSaifs
Reactions: 1,015
edited April 2017 in Bug Reporting
Can you please stop this pop-up which asks us to rate the likelihood if we would suggest MapleStory to a friend after every time I try to switch characters or close maplestory?
This is really getting annoying it wasn't like this at all until this whole nexon-wide update. It would only ask us once like after an update and then stop harassing us. It's little things like these that add up and make this game annoying and I will not recommend MapleStory to anyone so just stop it STOP THE POP-UP.
  1. Get rid of the survey pop that appears after we switch characters or close maplestory?20 votes
    1. Yes
       80% (16 votes)
    2. No
       5% (1 vote)
    3. I love recommending broken games to friends.
       15% (3 votes)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    The popup shouldn't be appearing every time you close the game.

Try performing a full shutdown of your computer and restarting, it might clear something.
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited April 2017
    Same bug here, get this survey everytime I change character. And the worst part of the survey is that it opens in Internet Explorer.

Please fix :)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Same bug here, get this survey everytime I change character. And the worst part of the survey is that it opens in Internet Explorer.

Please fix :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/66f1xv/every_time_you_change_character_now_nexon_please/dgi5za0/
    Go to control panel > programs and features > turn on or off windows features
    Uncheck internet explorer and restart
    SesomSlayer
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited April 2017
    @AKradian That worked for it popping up in IE, but still it should be changed, that it uses the default browser program selected in the Windows settings.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    @AKradian That worked for it popping up in IE, but still it should be changed, that it uses the default browser program selected in the Windows settings.

Obviously. But we've been complaining about that since the survey first showed up, and Nexon didn't do anything about it (you may draw your own conclusions about what that says about the attention they give our feedback in general).
    At least now it enables us to not get spammed by their buggy logout detection. I prefer not seeing the survey at all, to having it pop up in Chrome at every character change.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Can't they just put a Leave Feedback option in the launcher that you can opt into when you actually have some new feedback to contribute? Right now I'm just spamming them with 0/10s and no additional comments, or just closing the window completely. That's not really constructive for anyone.
    BellamazedFennekin
  • thekenturahthekenturah
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited April 2017
    From now until when you stop this pop up everytime we change characters even though we responded 2 minutes ago YOU GET A ZERO! Fix it please!
    Bellamazed
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited April 2017
    Yes i wanna know if there is some way to disable this survey, before i got it once every day when i logged off/changed character once and now it keeps popping up every time i switch character.

Anyway to remove this or disable it permanently? cause now it is really annoying.

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited April 2017
    Oh boy... if this survey pops up for every player that's logged in idk what to do.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    If you don't use Internet Explorer, you can go to control panel > programs and features > turn on or off windows features,
    turn off Internet Explorer, and restart your computer.
    Since the survey always uses IE rather than your default browser, this will disable the survey.
    Bahamut_X
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2017
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    Oh boy... if this survey pops up for every player that's logged in idk what to do.

it popped up for me like 3 times for logging off
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Alrighty I'm going to be forwarding an official report, because this is a bug; Nexon has stated in the past that the survey is only meant to pop up on occasion.

Can I get some of you guys to follow the bug reporting format?
    Bug type:

Brief bug summary:

More details:

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce:

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name:

Character level:

Character job:

World name:

Date and time of the incident:

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

Thank you.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Bug type: UI

Brief bug summary: The "would your recommend this game to your friends" survey pops up whenever a character disconnects from the game.

More details: This Internet Explorer window
    7Uhvosc.png
    pops up whenever one clicks "quit game" (whether to change character or to actually quit), or closes the client (using Alt-F4 or the X button on the window). It also appears if the client crashes on its own.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Log into the game.
    2. Select "quit game" from the System (gear) menu on the bottom
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Hmm this happens rather infrequently for me in all honesty.. Once a week or so is the only time I see it.. >.<
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Sparklee wrote: »
    Hmm this happens rather infrequently for me in all honesty.. Once a week or so is the only time I see it.. >.<

That's how it used to be for everyone. But the latest change broke it, for many if not all people.
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    Yeah, the feedback pop-up was pretty infrequent until the maintenance yesterday. I usually get three feedback pop-ups upon a single logout.
  • piercedfreakpiercedfreak
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited April 2017
    I get it whenever I switch characters, and tonight, I got it randomly during the game. I was suddenly dropped to my desktop, and it popped up. This is ridiculous, and needs to be removed.
  • SabbmonsterSabbmonster
    Reactions: 990
    edited April 2017
    It popped up three times in rapid succession when I logged out. I also get it whenever I switch characters. Shutting down doesn't help because it was doing this yesterday to me too.
    JettLuvsU
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited April 2017
    I get the popup EVERY time I log out to the Character Selection screen. What's worse is that it crashes my game more often than not.
    DaisukeHaruto
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2017
    It is getting aggravating Nexon. Just turn it off already.