[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Constant mechanic crashes

MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
Reactions: 4,280
edited April 2017 in Bug Reporting
Character Name: SncMechFury
Level:143 (atm)
Server: MYBCKN (Chaos)
Date and Time: 8:54 MTN (It's an hour ahead of PST)
Description: I'm honestly not sure if any other people are experiencing this, but when I play my mechanic, my connection suddenly gets really bad. If I summon too many bots, I'll DC, if I use any large scale attacks I DC, sometimes if I'm idle, or not moving for too long then I'll DC as well. It's very frequent, and It's getting hard to level up at this point. I'd almost say that it happens once, if not multiple times, every 3~5 minutes.
ToastMasterJ

Comments

• DemonicDemiDemonicDemi
    Reactions: 200
    edited April 2017
    So I recently came back to maplestory for a friend and started on a new server for him and made a Mechanic with the burning event and everything is fine till I use Rock 'n Shock while grinding / just killing mobs and it ends up disconnecting me to the server lobby to select a server and this has happened multiple times while i had EXP buffs on because its a habit of just putting down Rock 'n Shock down while grinding and I'm not sure if I'm the only one who has this problem or why it happens I've tested it without any other summons up while grinding and I D/C and I've tested it in town using Rock 'n Shock along with all my other abilities / summons and I don't D/C so the problem is for some reason just when Rock 'n Shock Hits mobs and I cant find a fix so please help

Moderator Note:

Hello.

Please follow the Bug Reporting format when posting in this subforum.
  • TiboniusTibonius
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 2017
    same here d/c only with mechanic
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    My mechanic doesn't seem to be disconnecting.
    What kinds of events do you have active, and how's your internet connection? You could be experiencing lag from the firework and balloon events, which is causing the disconnections.
  • Michaelxv212Michaelxv212
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited April 2017
    My mechanic continuously keeps crashing it's insane
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
  • HalbBlutHalbBlut
    Reactions: 845
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    World: Reboot
    Character: WachMeh
    Job: Mechanic Lvl 82

So far confirmed:
    When I use Rock 'N Shock I sometimes disconnect (enough that it makes more sense not to use it) - the channel and map may play a factor.
    Tested Locations & Channels: Ice Valley 2 on ch 3 and 4 I could not use RNS at all without disconnecting.
    Ice Valley 2: Ch 14 - I could use it and would only disconnect about 30% of the time.
    Oasis Ch 14 while in a party of 5 - could use it and disconnected majority of the time but would disconnect towards the end of the duration.
    Alcadno Research Institute Lab Area B-1: Ch 14 - so far disconnected on both 2/2 tries.
    Safe to say that Rock 'N Shock weakens connection to server.
    Continued test* - all of the bellow tests hit mobs and were spaced the exact same (x---x---x)
    Area C-1: Ch 14: only rock n shock, no inputs (buffs were on) - No disconnect. (no other summons used) familiar off
    Area C-1: Ch 14: Rock n shock, heavy salvo (buffs active) - Disconnected (no other summons used) familiar off
    Area C-1: Ch 14: Rock n shock, heavy salvo - Disconnected (no other summons used) familiar on
    Area c-1: Ch 14: Rock n shock, no input (safe plat), no event buff, no other summons, familiar off, max range bots - no disconnect
    Area C-1: ch 14: Rock n shock, no input (safe plat), "I believe I can fly" only, no summons, fam off, max range bots - no disconnect
    Area C-1 Ch 14: rock n shock, no input (safe plat), "touch the sky" only, no sums, fam off, max range bots - no disconnect
    Area C-1: Ch 14: Rock n shock, dashing left and right, no attacks, no buffs, no sums, fam off, max range bots - Disconnected
    starting to think it may have to do with how much you move around while rock n shock is on.
  • LumiMainLumiMain
    Reactions: 100
    edited April 2017
    every time i put rock n shock down it will just DC everytime really frustrating to have a DC switch ability
  • EternityMaxEternityMax
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited April 2017
    Same here. This has not been happening before. I trained my Mechanic to level 170 with zero issues, then Pink Bean class came out so I started focusing on it instead... Now that I'm done with Pink Bean, I went back to my Mechanic, and what do you know; yesterday I lost 2 Horntail runs because of this RNS disconnection crap. Not to mention it wasted my 2x EXP buff time. Please do something >.<
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    edited April 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    My mechanic doesn't seem to be disconnecting.
    What kinds of events do you have active, and how's your internet connection? You could be experiencing lag from the firework and balloon events, which is causing the disconnections.

I actually haven't activated any of the events on my mech, but if it was lag from the events, I feel like I'd be disconnecting on my other characters if that was the case. I don't typically have connection issues either, aside from the odd change character dc.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    I actually haven't activated any of the events on my mech, but if it was lag from the events, I feel like I'd be disconnecting on my other characters of that was the case. I don't typically have connection issues either, aside from the odd change character dc.

Yeah, I ran some further tests on Empress and crashed consistently. I have forwarded the issue.
    MageOfBattles
  • SanctitySanctity
    Reactions: 410
    edited April 2017
    I can't play my mechanic.
    I keep getting disconnected all the time.
    As soon as I start killing mobs I get disconnected and I end up in the server selection screen.
    edited April 2017
    I can confirm that this is still going on. There's not even hope to do something like bossing, training, DIPQ.

Mech's are essentially unplayable as is right now.
  • HalbBlutHalbBlut
    Reactions: 845
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Sanctity wrote: »
    As soon as I start killing mobs I get disconnected and I end up in the server selection screen.

Just dont use Rock N Shock, that's generally it- if you are still disconnecting then it is just because it is the weekend and servers are taxed.
  • SanctitySanctity
    Reactions: 410
    edited April 2017
    I just tested after the maintenance used Rock 'n Shock and got instantly disconnected.
    edited April 2017
    HalbBlut wrote: »
    Sanctity wrote: »

Just dont use Rock N Shock, that's generally it- if you are still disconnecting then it is just because it is the weekend and servers are taxed.

Well, the issue for me is that it isn't limited to rock'n'shock, other bots can reliably disconnect me also. I can answer this very similarly to Neo's post, if it was just because the servers were taxed, I would be disconnecting on other characters too.
    JettLuvsU
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    Hi everyone! We've seen reports of players stating they disconnect when using certain skills.
    If possible, could we compile a list of skills that tends to disconnect players when used?

It would be great if we knew the exact circumstances as well.
    For example, I tend to disconnect when using Soul Resonance or Super Nova on a large group of mobs in some of the Cave of Repose maps with Kishin or rune of hordes. This might be completely unrelated to those disconnecting when simply using the skill once.

We've already added Rock 'n Shock to the list, but it would be great if we could make note of others.

Thank you,

Arwoooo~
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    If possible, could we compile a list of skills that tends to disconnect players when used?
    Character: Jett
    Skill: Cosmic Upheaval
    Conditions:
    - A map with multiple platforms. This skill must interact with the edges of platforms along with the enemies it grabs.
    Examples: Scrapyard: Scrapyard Hill 3 (higher chance), Dark World Tree: Path to the Lower Stem (higher chance)
    Scrapyard: Scrapyard Hill 4, Lake of Oblivion: Weathered Land of Happiness (lower chance)
    A disconnection is less likely to happen if the map has mostly flat platforms, but it is still possible.
    - Grab enemies from higher platforms than the one you are on currently.
    I asked another player about disconnections with this skill.
    They told me it had something to do with where the enemy was compared to my character.
    They said the disconnection was possibly the result of the game suspecting me of using a vac hack,
    so I was less likely to disconnect if I used the skill to grab enemies on a platform closer to me.

Also, the skills that the elite bosses use can cause a player to disconnect.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/4609/elite-boss-disconnection
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11042/some-elite-bosses-causes-disconnect
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    Quick update from our QA team. They have tested the issue with Rock 'n Shock and we're expecting the fix next week.
    We'll keep watch after next week's patch to see if the issue still persists.
    JettLuvsUNeospector
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    Reactions: 2,000
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Hi everyone! We've seen reports of players stating they disconnect when using certain skills.

Ice/Lightning Archmage V skill Ice Age

I haven't really figured out why
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited April 2017
    Well that's fantastic - not even fixed before 2x starts.