[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Link skill system needs a change!

illruminatiillruminati
Reactions: 970
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi fellow maplers!

It has been bothering me for some time now how the move once a day restriction on the link skill system affects general gameplay in maplestory.
Since the KMS news regarding the union system i have been leveling many different characters in the game.
Bouncing between my main and the other characters puts me in a position where i cant move the link skills that i need/want.
I see no reason why this limitation excists. It makes even less sence since its not something we just get for free.
Each and one of us spent loads of time getting the link skills. What do you guys think?
  1. Is daily reset restriction a good thing for link skills?18 votes
    1. Yes
       17% (3 votes)
    2. No
       67% (12 votes)
    3. Time should be reduced.
       17% (3 votes)
    4. Time should be longer
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited April 2017
    Nooooo! The Idea of the link skills is to pump up/customize a single character with the fruit of your hard labour. What you are asking for they may as well make link skills a passive effect for all your characters at all times and that would be boring and too similar to the card effect and upcoming union change. Diversity is a good thing, and in fact they should probably increase the link changing cooldown to weekly to further prove this point.
  • illruminatiillruminati
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    My personal belief is that it's an unnessacary waiting game. If it's needed so badly atleast it's time could be reduced. Otherwise it just feels the same as 5th job waiting. If you are serious about leveling mules for the sake of union it's a hindrance. Once you've struggled getting a few 210's you shouldn't be locked down in my opinion. The reward lies in getting the links, not how you chose to use them. If we plan on attacking Lucid on a specific day I avoid leveling a mule due to not being able to switch back the linkskills. For casual players this might not be an issue but for some of us it is. Just my 2 cents
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    If we get a link skill change I'd much rather see the 12 link cap removed than anything else. Cooldown is whatever to me change it, don't change it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    The KMS dev team already responded to this with, basically, "if we did that then there would be no difference between link skills and character cards."

Personally I don't bother moving link skills to mules that I'm leveling, except the exp skills (Mercedes, Aran, and Evan).

I do agree with JushiroNet, though, about the cap needing to be raised. We have 4 link-skill classes that KMS don't have, so we should have a higher link-skill cap than they do.
    JettLuvsUHHG1Ivangold
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    The KMS dev team already responded to this with, basically, "if we did that then there would be no difference between link skills and character cards."

And now you see character cards removed and changed to something else, so why not make links the "new" character cards?
    MageOfBattles
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »

And now you see character cards removed and changed to something else, so why not make links the "new" character cards?

Character cards are not being removed. They still exist and have much the same effects, and you can even use more than 9.
    Character card sets are being removed and replaced with the Union board buffs.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2017
    I bet you would want to put lvl 100 weapons on your beginner next.. It is about strategy. Deciding who you want to power up for the day... Would not mind 12 hour cooldown though.
  • Kaneki_KenKaneki_Ken
    Reactions: 720
    edited April 2017
    Nooooo! The Idea of the link skills is to pump up/customize a single character with the fruit of your hard labour. What you are asking for they may as well make link skills a passive effect for all your characters at all times and that would be boring and too similar to the card effect and upcoming union change. Diversity is a good thing, and in fact they should probably increase the link changing cooldown to weekly to further prove this point.

Hahaha, no. I think if they did that, I'd end up leaving MapleStory again.

I want the daily cooldown either reduce by half or removed entirely, there are many different character play styles that I enjoy playing a lot, but the Link Skill cooldown inhibits the play-ability of them.