[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can we get some decent royals?

krskkrsk
Reactions: 2,980
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
It's been 4 months since I came back to maple, and all I've seen are the same boring, tired old royals that never cease to be endlessly repeated. The few new ones we've had have been garbage overall as well.. If we are going to have repeats, it would be nice to have some of the less recycled ones for a change.

Comments

• KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited April 2017
    If you have any styles you would like to see, feel free to post in the thread below.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10598/suggestions-for-royal-hairs-faces-perm-nx-covers/p8
  • krskkrsk
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Klara wrote: »
    If you have any styles you would like to see, feel free to post in the thread below.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10598/suggestions-for-royal-hairs-faces-perm-nx-covers/p8

i've seen a lot of great ones posted, but haven't seen anything come of posting there to be honest. It seems like it just gets overlooked.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited April 2017
    krsk wrote: »

i've seen a lot of great ones posted, but haven't seen anything come of posting there to be honest. It seems like it just gets overlooked.

That's because you're a right, not much has changed. I see 2 or 3 current hairs that have been repeated at least twice in the last 3-4 rotations. I really thought Arwoo would push to make these changes go through. I even held back over a month before I said anything about it but this is just ridiculous.

I don't mind seeing some repeated hairstyles/faces since they can't always give new ones, but seeing the same ones over and over again is just.... sad. So much for believing in Arwoo. I should have known better than to hope this would change even though our community manager said it would.
    krsk
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited April 2017

That's because you're a right, not much has changed. I see 2 or 3 current hairs that have been repeated at least twice in the last 3-4 rotations. I really thought Arwoo would push to make these changes go through. I even held back over a month before I said anything about it but this is just ridiculous.

I don't mind seeing some repeated hairstyles/faces since they can't always give new ones, but seeing the same ones over and over again is just.... sad. So much for believing in Arwoo. I should have known better than to hope this would change even though our community manager said it would.

Don't lose hope so quickly. We're not going to get everything we want immediately; there are a lot of requests. And I hope you saw Arwoo's comments earlier in the thread.
    As a lover of pixel fashion, I'm going to make sure we pull a lot from this thread!
    While it probably won't make it into the next rotation, we'll be sure to look through the ones posted here for rotations in the near future.
    and
    Greetings , everyone!

We've submitted a compilation of the styles players would like to see in rotation for the future.
    Mostly likely, the earliest we'll start seeing a lot of the styles from this thread will be sometime around May.

However, there's also a good chance that some of these are already included in closer rotation dates.
    Feel free to continue suggesting more styles you guys would like to see and we'll keep sending the feedback.

Thank you,

Arwooo~
    JettLuvsU
  • krskkrsk
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Truthfully, I just feel there needs to be more transparency in how things work. I mean, are the style selections even up to Nexon America since the majority of the game seems to be a poorly done copy/paste sort of thing. Do the GMs even have the power to implement the style choices we've requested? If yes, then someone needs to address the obvious slacking in this area. Honestly I'd like to see more transparency in how the game is run overall.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    I believe there was some miscommunication that was stated in the past when it came to the Royals style rotations and how they were selected. There is no single individual that handles what styles are selected for each rotation.

Instead, it's a mix of community suggestions and our production team.
    This is the protocol we follow to ensure that we deliver styles that players want to see.

So yes, not only does our team have a big impact to the style rotations, but players do influence it as well.
    This isn't to say that we'll only see styles that the community suggests in the near future. There are some styles we'd like to throw into the mix as well.

However, we should start to see more styles that were suggested by the players in the near future.
    Hopefully this helps clear up some of the confusion.

Arwoooo~
    Truthfully, I just feel there needs to be more transparency in how things work. I mean, are the style selections even up to Nexon America since the majority of the game seems to be a poorly done copy/paste sort of thing. Do the GMs even have the power to implement the style choices we've requested? If yes, then someone needs to address the obvious slacking in this area. Honestly I'd like to see more transparency in how the game is run overall.

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    @Arwoo
    Can you make sure the production team doesn't put any more VIP/REG styles in the royal rotations in the future, thanks.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    This is the protocol we follow to ensure that we deliver styles that players want to see.

... while keeping them diluted with styles players don't want, as per Nexon policy with all random-reward items.
    The ugly or overused styles are the Royal equivalent of Empress gear in Gachapon, %MP lines in potential, and Reindeer Milk in event boxes.

But really, if you don't put at least one or two desirable styles in each rotation, you're not going to sell those coupons.
    JettLuvsUkrsk
  • krskkrsk
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    I believe there was some miscommunication that was stated in the past when it came to the Royals style rotations and how they were selected. There is no single individual that handles what styles are selected for each rotation.

So yes, not only does our team have a big impact to the style rotations, but players do influence it as well.
    This isn't to say that we'll only see styles that the community suggests in the near future. There are some styles we'd like to throw into the mix as well.

However, we should start to see more styles that were suggested by the players in the near future.
    Hopefully this helps clear up some of the confusion.

Arwoooo~

I find this hard to believe when I see the same few styles appear over and over again in the rotations, and hear a great lack of enthusiasm among the players. If you use player input, then where are you getting it from? Because it's clearly not from the suggestions on this forum, as anyone who has bothered to read can see the suggested styles have either yet to appear or appear very rarely. I think your response is the typical Nexon jargon that is code for "we do what we want."