[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Stuff for next ‘A Better Maple’

Comments

• MonsterLifeMonsterLife
    Reactions: 570
    edited April 2017
    July wrote: »
    Things I'd like to see:
    • Higher exp bonus for being in a party

this!

They should also give us option to turn off drops from events we don't want to participate.. like 'The Mad Bunny'..! the amount of eggs its dropping.. just can't train like that..

we actually had this mechanic for a LONG time and it was widely abused everytime. like when 200->250 cap came, put kanna+hs in your pt with 3 other mules plus your main char thats training under 40 lv range and you would steal their bonus exp as well. So every kills is mills of exp at HoH. Before that there was LCH leech where the killer received like same exp as soloing while leecher was getting like 50%? or so roughly as killer.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    This is a really good thread if someone from nexon could actually take a look at the suggestions.
  • WizardBeauWizardBeau
    Reactions: 1,811
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Maybe restore access to blocked areas? Haunted house, Omega Sector, Kerning Square, etc.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited April 2017
    WizardBeau wrote: »
    Maybe restore access to blocked areas? Haunted house, Omega Sector, Kerning Square, etc.

Kerning Square has been opened. Omega Sector will be available as a 170+ training area in the Beyond Patch. Haunted House was probably locked to make it holiday exclusive.

The only place left is Florina Beach since Forest of Dark Energy with the Lupins and Maladies have been converted for a place for Kinesis's storyline (Society of Magic.)
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited April 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

Kerning Square has been opened. Omega Sector will be available as a 170+ training area in the Beyond Patch. Haunted House was probably locked to make it holiday exclusive.

The only place left is Florina Beach since Forest of Dark Energy with the Lupins and Maladies have been converted for a place for Kinesis's storyline (Society of Magic.)

also Tera forest near leafre i think

I hope that Nexon will take in consideration the suggestions in this thread.
  • HyoretsuHyoretsu
    Reactions: 310
    edited April 2017

Indeed you can, but what about the Crusader Codex from there? You can't get them anymore.
  • WizardBeauWizardBeau
    Reactions: 1,811
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Hyoretsu wrote: »

Indeed you can, but what about the Crusader Codex from there? You can't get them anymore.

There's also the etc items from the haunted house, they're needed to upgrade the Stirgeman equips.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    i add some things aswell as most was allready said above
    ACTIVE GM FOR LUNA <
    VERY URGENT !!
    ACTIVE GM FOR LUNA <
    VERY URGENT !!
    ACTIVE GM FOR LUNA <
    VERY URGENT !!
    ACTIVE GM FOR LUNA <
    VERY URGENT !!
    ACTIVE GM FOR LUNA <
    VERY URGENT !!
    ACTIVE GM FOR LUNA <
    VERY URGENT !!
    ACTIVE GM FOR LUNA <
    VERY URGENT !!
    ACTIVE GM FOR LUNA <
    VERY URGENT !!

-hyperrock to be able to use on key
    -starforce to 20 or 25 ( current rates for going to 13* crap stats for about 11m and booom its alooooooooooot) {for legit players that dont buy meso ...} ( ems starforce system was nice kms its same just better xD )
    -flames back was nice way to farm them and roll the luck evry day instead of pay NX for nebs and get trash ...
    -items drop from monster improved based on lvl or closer to that lvl as much as posb ( example hard hila and the 120~ish lvl items .... instead of some 170/80)
    -more team based content such as FLAG (something like PQ/Minigame for those that dont want JQ for example/the GM event game was nice idea but was poooor time organized )

i hope this thread catch nexon eye f444444

Yonax
  • Bahamut_XBahamut_X
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited April 2017
    In response to the loss of the original game launcher, how about removing the bloody pop ups as well. On the other hand, I had to remove Internet Explorer just to lose the forsaken things. I know those who are likely using Windows 7-8 and earlier might not have the luxury of taking Internet Explorer and sending it to oblivion.

Having been asked numerous times to fill out the survey that popped up when I'm changing characters did not impress me one bit.

I'm sure another aspect is stability. I'm sorry but a nice chunk of the player base does not live with the benefit of last mile or newest hardware either. When the memory leaks occur, MapleStory will crash at inopportune times like bosses and other content.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited April 2017
    Pipe Dreams: the thread
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Pipe Dreams: the thread

If we never suggest they'll never have anything to listen to when if they ever decide to. I agree though. Feelsbad.
    JettLuvsU
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited April 2017
    One suggestion (for now): Remove the survey that pops up when switching characters, or logging out of the game. That thing crashes me fairly frequently. If I've recommended a friend once, I've done it a thousand times.
    Yonax
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    One suggestion (for now): Remove the survey that pops up when switching characters, or logging out of the game. That thing crashes me fairly frequently. If I've recommended a friend once, I've done it a thousand times.

My client crashed on switching characters just as often before the bug with the survey.
    And it is a bug. It's only intended to pop up like once a week.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

My client crashed on switching characters just as often before the bug with the survey.

switching characters just crashes the clienting for me as well. You using windows 10 by any chance (none of my windows 7 PCs are affected by the client crash)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »

switching characters just crashes the clienting for me as well. You using windows 10 by any chance (none of my windows 7 PCs are affected by the client crash)

It is related to windows 10. It's a runtime error with C++ the causes the client to crash. They need to update several libraries to resolve some issues.

Most of the time when my client crashes, it does not give the C++ Runtime Error message.
    That one only appears (for me) if it crashes during the startup/channel-select/char-select process.
    Specifically when the client crashes while attempting to switch characters, I always get the "maintenance/firewall/bannedIP" message.

I do get far more crashes on my Windows 10 computer as opposed to my Windows XP and Windows 7 ones, but the client does crash on those as well. The difference in frequency might also be because I use the Windows 10 computer a lot more, both in Maple and outside of it. The others are mostly for Maple mules and maybe one or two other windows.

Also, speaking of crashing when attempting to switch: when logging out of the Nexon Launcher, sometimes it returns me to the login screen, and sometimes it completely exits. No error message, it just goes poof. It's not in the "hidden icons" tray either. I have to restart it. This happens on all three operating systems, but most often on Windows XP.
  • ArcheryiArcheryi
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited April 2017
    Remove crafting decay. Makes about as much sense as losing EXP everyday because you don't hunt monsters and is an obnoxious feature no one likes.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited April 2017
    Archeryi wrote: »
    Remove crafting decay. Makes about as much sense as losing EXP everyday because you don't hunt monsters and is an obnoxious feature no one likes.

yea, and also if a player getting his meister crafting character stuck because of a game issue, waiting for nexon to fix and release it may take days (or weeks), and to losing the meister rank. the crafting decay is a unnecessary system.
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited April 2017
    Very minor suggestion here, but I really wish we can use royal hair/eye coupons for our androids, or at least have more options that are available to our characters. The ones I've seen in KMS are really adorable.
    Xenon92JettLuvsUMisterKrekelSlicedTimeIts2Sharp4U
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited April 2017
    - Clean Slates or Innocence Scrolls should be allowed on Pet Gears
    - Princess No should have a coin shop
    - Change Princess No into once a day/week boss
    - NX weapon should have a choice of being held one handed or two handed style.
    - Bonus cube for Reward Shop
    - Bring back Fatigue Drinks
    - Remove Root Abyss and Sengoku gears from Philosopher books and Marvel
    - Reduce Price on Legendary Pack (not even Yu-Gi-Oh cards cost 7 bucks a pack)
    - Stack Owls, NX Scrolls
    AlexFJettLuvsUJulyCaughtByLoveBahamut_XSlicedTimeIts2Sharp4U
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    would be nice if nexon see this instead of broken survey that spam us
    i bet they wont see the survey even if they want they cant because there will be many "empty" filed and would take years to read and separate the "legit" one
    please consider this thread and other as the survey !!

ps :
    LF>GM FOR LUNA !
    LF>GM FOR LUNA !
    LF>GM FOR LUNA !
    LF>GM FOR LUNA !
    LF>GM FOR LUNA !
    LF>GM FOR LUNA !
    LF>GM FOR LUNA !
    LF>GM FOR LUNA !
    LF>GM FOR LUNA !
    LF>GM FOR LUNA !
    LF>GM FOR LUNA !