[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Updated Nebulite Box drop table

DaxiDaxi
Reactions: 1,800
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Could Nebulte Boxes be added to the drop table for all of the Arcane River mobs? :)

I believe it's most likely an oversight from when the mobs were all ported from KMS (they don't have Nebulite Boxes in KMS), I do not see why it would be intentional. Nebulite Boxes drop from basically everything.

Also, Nebulite boxes also don't drop from the Detour to Oblivion maps, would be nice for them to be added to them also.
JettLuvsU

Comments

• HeronyHerony
    Reactions: 100
    edited April 2017
    That would be nice, on a related note, they should also add neb boxes to the reward points cash shop, specially on reboot.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Herony wrote: »
    That would be nice, on a related note, they should also add neb boxes to the reward points cash shop, specially on reboot.

Not sure I agree with new reward point items, especially for non-CS items. Thank you anyway though. :)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    The whole Nebulite system is way too NX-dependent as it is. Putting the boxes in the Cash Shop (which Rewards Shop is part of) would only make it worse.

If Reboot has an issue with neb box drop rate being too low (since botters don't supply a steady stream of them), then their drop rate can be raised or the neb fusion rank-up rate can be raised. But I'm really opposed to making the boxes purchasable, whether by NX, RP, or even meso.

As for the original suggestion: of course neb boxes should drop from Arcane River mobs, Detour to Oblivion mobs, and whatever other mobs somehow failed to have them added to their drop table.
  • HeronyHerony
    edited April 2017
    I really want to see what's the problem of adding them in the CS for reward points on reboot, that's just make the game more engaging and the monster collection more useful since there's really not many things to buy with reward points in reboot and is a good excuse to go kill bosses beside mesos. Beside, is way easier to implement than changing the drop database.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I really want to see what's the problem of adding them in the CS for reward points on reboot, that's just make the game more engaging and the monster collection more useful since there's really not many things to buy with reward points in reboot and is a good excuse to go kill bosses beside mesos. Beside, is way easier to implement than changing the drop database.

Because adding things for "money" is not the way to solve issues. These boxes should drop in all servers from all mobs, and bypassing that by buying them is a really bad precedent for all future Nexon mess-ups.

You're right that the Rewards Point shop in Reboot is woefully lacking. But what it needs to have added is pets, pet skills, pet snack, and Water of Life - all Cash items that give a big gameplay advantage, which should not happen in Reboot. As things stand now, Reboot is pay2play, with pets and water of life being the "subscription fee".
  • HeronyHerony
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Because adding things for "money" is not the way to solve issues. These boxes should drop in all servers from all mobs, and bypassing that by buying them is a really bad precedent for all future Nexon mess-ups.

You're right that the Rewards Point shop in Reboot is woefully lacking. But what it needs to have added is pets, pet skills, pet snack, and Water of Life - all Cash items that give a big gameplay advantage, which should not happen in Reboot. As things stand now, Reboot is pay2play, with pets and water of life being the "subscription fee".

Money, what money? the only way to gain reward points is participating in the game and completing game objectives, that's quite opposite at what pay to win is, not really sure you read my idea correctly but I'm just saying they should add them to the reward points cash shop, not anything else, same way you can buy cubes with reward points, is not different, you can even limit them to five per month the same way as cube are limited.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited April 2017

Money, what money? the only way to gain reward points is participating in the game and completing game objectives, that's quite opposite at what pay to win is, not really sure you read my idea correctly but I'm just saying they should add them to the reward points cash shop, not anything else, same way you can buy cubes with reward points, is not different, you can even limit them to five per month the same way as cube are limited.

Getting 5 of each Fusion ticket, nebulite box, red and black cubes, and bonus cubes isn't helpful enough. Buying 5 Premium Fusion Tickets per month is not going to take even the most dedicated F2P players far.
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017

The Rewards Shop is inside the Cash Shop for a reason.
    Its purpose is to allow us to get things that normally cost Cash for "free" (working for them).
    Its purpose is NOT to be an alternative way to acquire in-game items, and it should not be repurposed for that.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    You can obtain Master CraftMan and Meister cubes via in-game methods, or acquire the alternative via the RP shop.
    You can acquire protection scrolls, inno scrolls, safety in the game, or buy it via the rp shop
    There a few more in there also - I would say these are all alternative ways to acquire in-game-items for relatively unfunded people.

They should add a Neb Boxes to the RP shop that give guaranteed A rank (any A rank) neb. Limit it to x times a month. This would actually help people get more funded.

Red and Black Cubes are not "alternatives for in-game items". Cash Cubes existed long before any in-game cubes, and the Rewards Shop allows you to get specifically the Cash Cubes.
    The Rewards Shop also gives you the Cash scrolls, which sometimes have equivalent in-game items available and sometimes don't. The key factor is that these are items that are normally obtained by paying cash.

There is no way to get neb boxes by paying cash, and therefore we don't need to be able to get them by paying reward points.
    Fusion Tickets, Diffusers, even Gach tickets (that can give A nebs)? Sure, why not.
    But any item that does not exist in the Cash Shop should not be put in the Rewards Shop. I don't see why that's such a difficult principle to understand.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    You can obtain Master CraftMan and Meister cubes via in-game methods, or acquire the alternative via the RP shop.
    You can acquire protection scrolls, inno scrolls, safety in the game, or buy it via the rp shop
    There a few more in there also - I would say these are all alternative ways to acquire in-game-items for relatively unfunded people.

They should add a Neb Boxes to the RP shop that give guaranteed A rank (any A rank) neb. Limit it to x times a month. This would actually help people get more funded.

Red and Black Cubes are not "alternatives for in-game items". Cash Cubes existed long before any in-game cubes, and the Rewards Shop allows you to get specifically the Cash Cubes.
    The Rewards Shop also gives you the Cash scrolls, which sometimes have equivalent in-game items available and sometimes don't. The key factor is that these are items that are normally obtained by paying cash.

There is no way to get neb boxes by paying cash, and therefore we don't need to be able to get them by paying reward points.
    Fusion Tickets, Diffusers, even Gach tickets (that can give A nebs)? Sure, why not.
    But any item that does not exist in the Cash Shop should not be put in the Rewards Shop. I don't see why that's such a difficult principle to understand.
    You can acquire items that do relatively the same thing in the RP shop, then in-game. I would say that it qualifies as "alternative".
    I can see that my opinion is hard for you to accept, but it is just that -my opinion.
    You are free to have yours, but this is mine on the subject.

Rewards Shop is an alternative to Cash Shop.
    The fact that some other alternatives to Cash Shop exist in-game is irrelevant.

But you know what? You're right. Let's move the entire game into the Rewards Shop.
    Nodestones and Arcane Symbols drop rate too low? Buy a few in Rewards Shop.
    Bosses too difficult to beat? Buy their drops in Rewards Shop.

And then... what's that I hear? The quantities in Rewards Shop are too low? Well... hmmm... oh, I know! How about we let you buy unlimited amounts - in the Cash Shop! Just like with Cubes and Scrolls...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Rewards Shop is an alternative to Cash Shop.
    The fact that some other alternatives to Cash Shop exist in-game is irrelevant.

But you know what? You're right. Let's move the entire game into the Rewards Shop.
    Nodestones and Arcane Symbols drop rate too low? Buy a few in Rewards Shop.
    Bosses too difficult to beat? Buy their drops in Rewards Shop.

And then... what's that I hear? The quantities in Rewards Shop are too low? Well... hmmm... oh, I know! How about we let you buy unlimited amounts - in the Cash Shop! Just like with Cubes and Scrolls...

I'm not entirely sure what the point of your outburst is, but you're being rather unkind.
    You are also putting words into people mouth that nobody has even suggested.

You buy the neb fusion tickets in the regular shop already - meaning this is purely paid to win content. You yourself can be seen in places suggestion how paid to win nebs are. A few people are suggestion alternatives to acquiring a few A grade nebs a month, to tip the scales a bit and you go and blow everything completely out of proportion.

You disagree with it, it's noted.

I agree with fusion tickets and the other pay2win aspects of nebs being in Rewards Shop.
    I disagree with Nebulite Boxes, which are purely in-game items and not obtainable by cash means, being put in Rewards Shop. Especially if the only reason given for putting them there is "it's too much bother to add them to the drop tables of new mobs".
    And the "point of my outburst" is to show that putting a pure in-game item in the Rewards Shop is a precedent that can lead to increased pay2win.
    (Also, reminding you - although I'm sure you know it well - that Reward Points can be earned by spending NX. So anything in the Rewards Shop is obtainable without killing any bosses or farming monster collection).
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    While I appreciate the discussion about what to add for reward points, I'm not sure it's related to the suggestion.

As far as I can tell, everyone who has commented so far supports that actual suggestion (updating the Nebulite drop tables). please correct me if I'm mistaken.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Daxi wrote: »
    While I appreciate the discussion about what to add for reward points, I'm not sure it's related to the suggestion.

As far as I can tell, everyone who has commented so far supports that actual suggestion (updating the Nebulite drop tables). please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Aha, you're right.
    I would say it's a bug that they aren't dropping from those mobs. They should drop from all mobs.

I don't mind the off topic discussion, keeps the thread bumped, lol. :P

Just wanted to point out that everyone has agreed with the actual suggestion so far. :)
  • TheRealWangTheRealWang
    edited October 2017
    I agree with OP
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2017
    I agree with OP
    dat bump tho

Gona also add that the crafted cubes do not work on miracle time/ are not effected by miracle time, proving even more that the cash cubes are not an alt for free/ crafted cubes.

and for the people that Don't understand what AK is saying, they are saying that allowing neb boxes to be sold in the rewards shop extends the ability for nexon to also have them in the cash shop by default as the Rewards shop is an extention of the Cash shop. adding neb boxes into the cash shop in any form (meaning as RP rewards) it makes it that much easier for nexon to just decide to make them cash grab boxes as the droprate is low and demand is high.

I know the thread is old but I feel this needed to be clarified
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Arwoo said they were discussing ways to make Nebulites more accessible in Reboot. But we've not heard anything since.

Please update the drop table Nexon. :)