[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

So funny how Nexon ignores social aspect of game

SasisSasis
Reactions: 635
edited April 2017 in Rants and Raves
Fixing/Revamping two simple things like Guild Party Quest or Crimsonwood Keep Party Quest, which back then used to be one the most profitable cooperative aspect of the game are not even deleted, but forgotten and just dumped as part of the bunch of useless content on the game.

This game just keep pumping at you content that ppl mostly decide to solo because it's more profitable that way, making it harder to find people able to tag along with you as it is supposed on a Massive MULTIPLAYER Online RPG.

Can't Nexon America make their own decisions about this and create their own content regarding these two aspects of the game?
Dragooooooooonkrsk
  1. Do you think GPQ and CWKPQ would improve the social aspect of this game?29 votes
    1. Yes
       79% (23 votes)
    2. No
       21% (6 votes)

Comments

• ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    yes we need such content
    content like Flag Race its very niceeee and rewards are not so bad (not all want jump but all can be part of team work and mange to finish)
    would like to see more of that kind of content CWK/GPQ or some brand new

so definitely +1
    Dragooooooooon
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited April 2017
    Yeah, would be cool to see both revamped, CWKPQ don't even need to be revamped, just brought back is already something, the stuff you get there still good.

GPQ could get a revamp to drop better itens(in the bonus stage), like cubes here and flames in KMS, GPQ used to drop stuff that was fundamental to the game, like books, so today should drop nodestones/coregemstones, also maybe the second coins that you need to get eqps lv160/200(the daliyes coins and the ones you only get from Lachelein mobs).

Other thing could be a diferent difficult from both PQs where the bosses have more hp, like Ergoth starting from 5/10/30 in easy mode, than normal with like 100b and hard with 1T since the power creep went so high, similar in CWKPQ, the harder the difficult the more chance to get the best rewards(outisde of mesos and pots).
    ManiOhSasisDragooooooooon
  • SasisSasis
    edited April 2017
    ManiOh wrote: »
    yes we need such content
    content like Flag Race its very niceeee and rewards are not so bad (not all want jump but all can be part of team work and mange to finish)

so definitely +1

Flag race would be good but atleast on my server alliance its just the hole where most toxic-elitist part of the server gets together to showoff/trolling about how they're better than every other guild, guilds arguing and even hackers that no matter how much u report, Nexon doesn't do anything. I know you could just ignore them but it gets annoying at a certain point and certainly i just stopped going there...
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Sasis wrote: »
    yes we need such content

so definitely +1

Flag race would be good but atleast on my server alliance its just the hole where most toxic-elitist part of the server gets together to showoff/trolling about how they're better than every other guild, guilds arguing and even hackers that no matter how much u report, Nexon doesn't do anything. I know you could just ignore them but it gets annoying at a certain point and certainly i just stopped going there...

i gave as example as works well in my server people are not that bad , and when we saw some hackers lately they wasnt big deal as they giveup quick or got kicked from the guilds that were spoted but yea thats nexon part am sure they trying as much as they can battle with hackers as they can
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2017
    The game evolved this way, nexon actually sometimes mentions how they would want players to hunt in parties etc, paraphrasing of course, but the player base leans towards solo play, the game evolves to the play style of the players.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    The game evolved this way, nexon actually sometimes mentions how they would want players to hunt in parties etc, paraphrasing of course, but the player base leans towards solo play, the game evolves to the play style of the players.
    no that maybe seem like that because game itself force us with so called better rewards and such when solo not to metion lag
    who did not like the huge 30people partys early at zak/ht/cht/pb and so on that thing just got removed and we had to deal with it and move on
    cwkpq was such a nice and funny evryone had own part to do/prefer but at the end was teamwork and nice hang and after many bugs/revmaps its totaly ruined and forgotten so we had to move on again
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2017
    no that maybe seem like that because game itself force us with so called better rewards and such when solo not to metion lag
    who did not like the huge 30people partys early at zak/ht/cht/pb and so on that thing just got removed and we had to deal with it and move on
    cwkpq was such a nice and funny evryone had own part to do/prefer but at the end was teamwork and nice hang and after many bugs/revmaps its totaly ruined and forgotten so we had to move on again

When the people wanted easier way to get things, it forced the development to end up this way, easier things = no more team work. When things were much more difficult to obtaim like the old school zak helm, thats when people cooperate. Nexon is just listening to the wants of the players. Im going to say there are much more introverts playing maplestory, and thats why it ended up this way. The statistical outliers which are extroverts are the ones that reminisce about the olden days of teamwork. I too hope it one day touches upon the unity aspect once again, maybe not completely but some content.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I support your idea but here's the issue...
    - CWKPQ: Meeting the minimum player requirement was difficult as it requires 10 players of which have to be 2 pirates, 2 warriors, 2 thieves, 2 bowman, 2 magicians / The walk to CWKPQ was too long as well...
    - GPQ: The under lv.30 sacrifice role was a pretty useless role for a player to have / rewards need to be updated as 60% scrolls,etc. are pretty much obsolete.
    JettLuvsU
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Sorrow wrote: »
    - CWKPQ: Meeting the minimum player requirement was difficult as it requires 10 players of which have to be 2 pirates, 2 warriors, 2 thieves, 2 bowman, 2 magicians / The walk to CWKPQ was too long as well...
    - GPQ: The under lv.30 sacrifice role was a pretty useless role for a player to have / rewards need to be updated as 60% scrolls,etc. are pretty much obsolete.

there is allways soultion in some way
    yea at that time it was hard a bit but this days i dont think its that hard to find 2 of all class types but this can allways be reworked to something better like a rank if the party meets 2 of all SS better rewards 1 of all S and so on
    and the walk also not a huge problem this days hyper rocks are eazy to get ,guild tele aswell

but yea needs lots of changes and work i dont see this being done in other versions so there is very lil hope and after all i think there are other more importan things that needs to be done in the game very fast but yea...
    we just need nexon good will to bring the things back and update a bit

• Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited May 2017
    I'm not advocating conspiracies, but honestly the real GM's that used to monitor the game are completely GONE. They've been replaced with very intricate customer support or automated GM events run by bots. It's basically fighting fire with fire. The game population has turned into majority of a gold mining operation and/or bitcoin money laundering(INFORMATION THEFT. There are still small handfuls of players whom are not running a complete artificial intelligence bot programs round clock making constant income. People say maple is "dead" for this reason. Party play has been the key to this massive bot "war" invasion on both ends. I used to waste time reporting serious game breaking exploits I caught onto from sheer playing time and experience. More content is not a bad thing, it inspires change which is pertinent for evolutionary growth but the way this game has turned into a once represented by a Leaf icon into almost alienist style. And the linking of the web via similar apps and the main file being stored in your main hard-drive with a launch prompt that suggests the MapleStory program grants full computer permission within the entire C: drive is inappropriate for many reasons.
  • SasisSasis
    edited May 2017

That's exactly what makes it interesting and actually make people THINK and MOVE to do something instead of logging everyday to just solo bosses, claim hot week boxes and log off with ocasional solo grinding on 2x's. It would push you to find new buddies with different roles to work together for a cause.

That's why i asked (and Ivangold explained) if Nexon America can't step up and create their own content for these quests, implying a revamp on the system and rewards.

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

lol what nonsense, they removed the high level party play areas and nerfed PQS ....... thus making solo leveling most efficient so why wouldn't people solo?+ Majority of people quit during the time they removed the party play at LKC/Stronghold so even if they revamp pqs /bring back those PQS no one will be around to do them unless they merge most of the servers together.

The game changed and players changed along with it not the other way around. Sure they added those low level party play training areas but most of those levels are done in like a day or two with people who know what they are doing and have enough exp boosts. Again like I said servers are a ghost town so not like someone could make use of those maps even if they wanted to unless they have a friend to play with. Majority of players have surpassed these maps.

Oh and pqs like Kenta ect are bugged so yeah..... Alien PQ could give better exp/be less annoying maybe people would do that PQ more. Crossworld PQ should be expanded on imo
    Dragooooooooon
  • DragooooooooonDragooooooooon
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited May 2017
    Nexon just keeps releasing nx fluff and powerful classes that need funding
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

lol what nonsense, they removed the high level party play areas and nerfed PQS ....... thus making solo leveling most efficient so why wouldn't people solo?+ Majority of people quit during the time they removed the party play at LKC/Stronghold so even if they revamp pqs /bring back those PQS no one will be around to do them unless they merge most of the servers together.

The game changed and players changed along with it not the other way around. Sure they added those low level party play training areas but most of those levels are done in like a day or two with people who know what they are doing and have enough exp boosts. Again like I said servers are a ghost town so not like someone could make use of those maps even if they wanted to unless they have a friend to play with. Majority of players have surpassed these maps.

Oh and pqs like Kenta ect are bugged so yeah..... Alien PQ could give better exp/be less annoying maybe people would do that PQ more. Crossworld PQ should be expanded on imo

yea i agree said many times game forced us not players
    after many complains on forums and such with the time they got forgoten and with "help" of speedrush new contnent and "powerfull class" they become pointless

LHC/Strong hold yea omg nostalgia ;( team work on mobs , all got decent exp and fun in party instead of solo grind for hours in same map holding a key and stare at screen ......sorry but for me and many other its not nice and fun , see each other as buff mules only ... and see all those "ks wars" because there are limited ch and limited map for tons of players that goes solo .... CRAZY

many things went wrong over the years they just stack and makes it worse as we can see
    from hackers... to lags,bugss,cashshop....
    Dragooooooooon