[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Finally a Crossover! Re:Zero Lets discuss

Xenon92Xenon92
Reactions: 2,125
edited May 2017 in General Chat
http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/rezero

Am so hyped, i'm a little disappointed that they skipped Log Horizon but this is better than nothing

although i am still confused, on the last part "Find Exclusive Items in Re:ZERO Random Box"

it says buy from cash shop to receive the following: androids, titles, and chairs!" and after it says the medals as well, does this mean the medal is in a P2W RNG bs??

pls say it aint so ._.

Edit: well this is disappointing.. http://uni-wz.com/blog-entry-2895.html

the boxes will cost 190 NX, 1.9k NX for 11. they have the medals inside..

~EDIT~

I am very disappointed in Nexon with the upcoming event tomorrow.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/22514/cash-shop-update-for-may-11

4k nx for boxes, really? not only that but you're putting in a bunch of freaking junk related to philo books..

and the hair styles are not even in coupon form??

Comments

• xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited April 2017
    If the items that includes stats were to get into reboot through cash shop, this is going to be a step for them to make reboot p2w over time .-.
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    edited April 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »

Am so hyped, i'm a little disappointed that they skipped Log Horizon but this is better than nothing

although i am still confused, on the last part "Find Exclusive Items in Re:ZERO Random Box"

it says buy from cash shop to receive the following: androids, titles, and chairs!" and after it says the medals as well, does this mean the medal is in a P2W RNG bs??

pls say it aint so ._.

right? why does it have to be inside cash shop? So does that mean if it comes to reboot and its in cash shop, we won't get it? because its considered PAY to win? Unless we can buy it for mesos. But for real why cash shop? Make a long story line or something. Not sure how the beater medal was obtained but something like that?..
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited April 2017
    Zambookii wrote: »

pls say it aint so ._.

right? why does it have to be inside cash shop? So does that mean if it comes to reboot and its in cash shop, we won't get it? because its considered PAY to win? Unless we can buy it for mesos. But for real why cash shop? Make a long story line or something. Not sure how the beater medal was obtained but something like that?..

From what i've heard, beater was something like person with most dungeon cleared in the server
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited April 2017
    Zambookii wrote: »
    Make a long story line or something. Not sure how the beater medal was obtained but something like that?..

Beater was actually obtained with a Goal of Most Dungeons complete.

whoever completes the most Dungeon (basically PQ) will get the medal. Limited to 15 per world.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    From what I heard, the Black Swordsman medal was at least obtainable by most people through doing the daily dungeons or something. 15 all + 15 att makes it pretty dang good. Sorta disappointed we don't seem to be getting something like that this time around, and instead the medals are in an rng cs box lol.

(also hoping for konosuba next)
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited April 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    From what I heard, the Black Swordsman medal was at least obtainable by most people through doing the daily dungeons or something. 15 all + 15 att makes it pretty dang good. Sorta disappointed we don't seem to be getting something like that this time around, and instead the medals are in an rng cs box lol.

well i guess this time, its an event of "whoever spends the most money" rofl
  • CartoucheCartouche
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 2017
    im very disappointed with the new P2W theyre introducing in reboot
    I restarted maple just because of reboot worlds..
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017

That was what the Beater medal was, too.
    To get more dungeon clears you had to buy more entry keys. Whoever buys the most keys, wins.

Also: Cash Shop prices are different between services. Just because Uni's blog says the price in JMS was 190NX doesn't mean it will be the same here.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

To get more dungeon clears you had to buy more entry keys. Whoever buys the most keys, wins.

Also: Cash Shop prices are different between services. Just because Uni's blog says the price in JMS was 190NX doesn't mean it will be the same here.

yea but the black swordsmen medal was not "most runs" it was a set amount of runs.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

yea but the black swordsmen medal was not "most runs" it was a set amount of runs.

The beater medal, however, was limited to those who did it the most.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited April 2017

"It's a rich man's world"
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited April 2017

black swordsmen required clearing RNG bosses a certain number of times, I believe it was clearing each of the bosses 5 times each but due to RNG I think one of the bosses had a low get chance or something.

so still not even a "set amount" of runs

also some bosses were harder to clear than others due to certain attacks..

so all in all, if you managed to get it without needing to get extra passes/coins then you were lucky.

interesting how people remember it differently/ more positively cause I remember during the event some people complained about the requirements for the medal not being able to get/ easy to get for non-nx buyers due to the rng factor.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited April 2017
    All of us Demon Avengers are out of the picture this time around for the cross over medals, what a dumb change, nerfing the 10% hp/mp from TMS medal to 10% bonus healing and mana recovered, and then not even having the nicety to add our base stat +hp to the 20 wa medal. stop treating us DA's like ploop it is upsetting we are getting punished. What is worse is I love these anime cross over events and I am sad my da was not strong enough at the time of attack on titan to finish everything SS and now all medals going forward are demon avenger nerfed soo irritating ><
    FennekinJettLuvsU
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

black swordsmen required clearing RNG bosses a certain number of times, I believe it was clearing each of the bosses 5 times each but due to RNG I think one of the bosses had a low get chance or something.

so all in all, if you managed to get it without needing to get extra passes/coins then you were lucky.

interesting how people remember it differently/ more positively cause I remember during the event some people complained about the requirements for the medal not being able to get/ easy to get for non-nx buyers due to the rng factor.

I was basing my comment on this thread. More specifically:
    @FlamyHeavens: 1 free entry per day (with the chance of earning a free run from the prize box), and the event goes on for almost a month, so I'd think it would be enough unless you were horribly unlucky.

A lot of other people on Basil say they've gotten it within 30 runs, too lol. Someone speculated that the boss you got was based on how much time was left (boss changing every minute).
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited April 2017

A lot of other people on Basil say they've gotten it within 30 runs, too lol. Someone speculated that the boss you got was based on how much time was left (boss changing every minute).
    all I'm saying is everyone is acting like the medal was guaranteed when it was still RNG that could fail you. especially if you didnt make sure to participate every day.
    All of us Demon Avengers are out of the picture this time around for the cross over medals, what a dumb change, nerfing the 10% hp/mp from TMS medal to 10% bonus healing and mana recovered, and then not even having the nicety to add our base stat +hp to the 20 wa medal. stop treating us DA's like ploop it is upsetting we are getting punished. What is worse is I love these anime cross over events and I am sad my da was not strong enough at the time of attack on titan to finish everything SS and now all medals going forward are demon avenger nerfed soo irritating ><
    uh... how do you know it's a healing bonus and not just a typo on the page (something they have done before)

was it in a data extraction or are you going purely off of what was posted on the info page?

also japanese not chinese mang.

i think you should calm down until the update actually happens and notes posted (which will hopefully be correct) or data extractions done to confirm the real stats of the medals; the likelyhood that they changed the medals just to remove the 10%hp and MP is very low, considering that in past events not only were things not changed, but things that should have been updated for players (the 6 star AEE from the AoT event) didnt get changed until big complaints, and also removing the 10% HP would just be very.. pointless honestly.

I think you can chalk this up to normal Nexon messing up on posting accurate info.
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

I was basing my comment on this thread. More specifically:
    @FlamyHeavens: 1 free entry per day (with the chance of earning a free run from the prize box), and the event goes on for almost a month, so I'd think it would be enough unless you were horribly unlucky.

Worse than the RNG factor was the fact that disconnection rate was very high. The dungeon area was a "private channel" - so you were force-cc'ed when you went there. And whenever you change channel you have a high risk of disconnecting within two minutes. So many people lost runs that way.

So yes, the Black Swordsman medal was obtainable without paying money, but you had to be diligent (to do it every day), careful (to not go into the dungeon immediately after reaching the "lobby"), lucky (to get the right bosses), and skilled (to be able to defeat all the bosses with their tricky mechanics).
    It's one of those events that would have benefitted from a "diligence backstop" - if you entered the dungeon every single day, you should have been given the medal, or one nearly as good, regardless of how many of each boss you defeated.
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited April 2017
    The only thing that interests me are the clothes and hairs, and one is a gamble, and the other is likely. I'll have to pass, because the last time I did a random box for an event, I spent $60 and got one of the four items I wanted. I got a bunch of junk. And that was the Heroes one, so there were less items, like this one.
    IDK why it's gamble only, the other two crossovers we got, we did have a choice of either gambling, or buying them for more money straight out. It's stupid that this is an exception.
    The hairs aren't much better, because I'm not naive or stupid enough to believe for a minute it'll be like the SAO one and will offer a choice. And I bet the hairs will be $5 a piece, like the Heroes one.
    All of this seriously disappoints me, because I love Re:Zero. I was looking forward to this, only to find out it's gambling AGAIN. I get burned way too many times with gamble boxes to bother. And I can't even buy the items I want because Scania never sells anything, and if they do, everything is $1 billion mesos minimum. >_<;. This will be a boring, useless patch to me with a nice log in screen.
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Elise wrote: »
    The only thing that interests me are the clothes and hairs, and one is a gamble, and the other is likely. I'll have to pass, because the last time I did a random box for an event, I spent $60 and got one of the four items I wanted. I got a bunch of junk. And that was the Heroes one, so there were less items, like this one.
    IDK why it's gamble only, the other two crossovers we got, we did have a choice of either gambling, or buying them for more money straight out. It's stupid that this is an exception.
    The hairs aren't much better, because I'm not naive or stupid enough to believe for a minute it'll be like the SAO one and will offer a choice. And I bet the hairs will be $5 a piece, like the Heroes one.
    All of this seriously disappoints me, because I love Re:Zero. I was looking forward to this, only to find out it's gambling AGAIN. I get burned way too many times with gamble boxes to bother. And I can't even buy the items I want because Scania never sells anything, and if they do, everything is $1 billion mesos minimum. >_<;. This will be a boring, useless patch to me with a nice log in screen.

Hopefully the update highlights are incomplete, and there will be direct-purchase options (or even free by doing the quests?) to get at least some of these items.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited April 2017
    (Minor) Spoilers: Subaru heckin' dies (again and again and again and again).

-would place video here of a Re:Zero meme if i get permission from a mod/admin to post it despite the title and video itself displaying the F word-
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Elise wrote: »
    How much do you think Nexon spent to bring this content to GMS? I can tell you now it's more than $5 and $60.