[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cash Shop Crash

ArchanIomharArchanIomhar
Reactions: 1,025
edited April 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Game Crash
Brief bug summary: Upon entering the Cash Shop and leaving it, the game will disconnect. If you don't close the game after the disconnection, within 3-5 minutes, the game will freeze up and then crash.
More details: The type of crash has happened on other occasions, usually crowded maps, but I don't know how to reproduce it otherwise.
[EDIT]: This issue started when I started using the Nexon Launcher after switching from the Direct Launcher.
Steps to reproduce: Enter Cash Shop and immediately leave. (Usually, entering the Cash Shop happens by accident on my part, so it makes sense that I leave it pretty fast).
Character name: ArchanIomhar
Character level: Level 185
Character job: Bowmaster
World name: Broa
Date and time of the incident: Numerous Occasions, I haven't taken note of any of them, I'm sorry.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Tip: take the Cash Shop hotkey off your keyboard.

When you say that "the game disconnects", do you mean that you get kicked to the world select screen with an "unable to connect to the game server" message?
    If not, then what exactly happens?

Also, when you say "if you don't close the game after the disconnection, within 3-5 minutes, the game will freeze up and then crash" - what are you doing in those 3-5 minutes before it freezes and crashes? Do you continue to play, or get back on the same char? Do you just wait with the window open?
  • ArchanIomharArchanIomhar
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Tip: take the Cash Shop hotkey off your keyboard.
    I took the hotkey off the keyboard. Opening the Cash Shop usually happens when I go to click the Event list but end up hitting Cash Shop instead.
    When you say that "the game disconnects", do you mean that you get kicked to the world select screen with an "unable to connect to the game server" message?
    If not, then what exactly happens?
    Yes, it takes me to the world select screen with that error notice.
    Also, when you say "if you don't close the game after the disconnection, within 3-5 minutes, the game will freeze up and then crash" - what are you doing in those 3-5 minutes before it freezes and crashes? Do you continue to play, or get back on the same char? Do you just wait with the window open?
    Tried all of those scenarios, and the game never fails to crash.

I forgot to note that after this crash happens, the Nexon Launcher will say that the game is currently being played until I close the launcher and reopen it.