[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Stuff for next ‘A Better Maple’

Comments

• ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    Greetings, everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that we've gone through and collected all the suggestions made in this thread.
    We can't promise that we'll see every suggestion go through, but we'll constantly be working to make these requested improvements.

Thank you,

Arwoooo~
    bumbertyrMegaScienceManiOhJulyJushiroNetInvulgoEmilyNLlink37890ShadowParadoxthatplantand 2 others.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    All I want for the next patch at present is for the Nexon Launcher to be more stable Maple crashes so often through it. As well as fixing quest kill lag.... That would probably get people playing more and be a better maple for everyone.
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    ruth02 wrote: »
    - nexon launcher abilty to switch accounts without restarting the client changing the interfaz and designof it for switch of accounts

The ability to switch between accounts/regions without restarting game client is very important!

Additional changes I would wish to see for a better maple:
    Character selection screen button/Change character button - will "remember" the channel and world of the player and move to the character selection screen.
    More information regarding this can be found in the Original Maple Europe contents and features discussion.

- Make the text for NPC Chat window and normal chat area bigger to a size as shown in the screenshot below (A screenshot taken when playing MapleStory Europe v.117):
    CYqO9Py.jpg

- Filter chat for the text's writer

- Change Channel Issue - not changed on first click! (bug report).

Thank you for your attention!
    JulyIts2Sharp4U
  • xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
    Reactions: 2,440
    edited April 2017
    Here's one:

-Remove Arkarium's One Hit Kill "screen crack attack" or give it a cooldown timer: Even on Easy, Arkarium can spam this attack endlessly and repeatedly, totally destroying any chance of defeating him, solo or in a party of any size. His mechanics as it are, are completely broken. Finishing the Silent Crusade quest line is currently impossible due to this.
    EmilyNLIts2Sharp4UShadowParadox
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited April 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    - Clean Slates or Innocence Scrolls should be allowed on Pet Gears
    - Princess No should have a coin shop
    - Change Princess No into once a day/week boss
    - NX weapon should have a choice of being held one handed or two handed style.
    - Bonus cube for Reward Shop
    - Bring back Fatigue Drinks
    - Remove Root Abyss and Sengoku gears from Philosopher books and Marvel
    - Reduce Price on Legendary Pack (not even Yu-Gi-Oh cards cost 7 bucks a pack)
    - Stack Owls, NX Scrolls

Gonna also add on - Neb diffusers that save nebs!
    JettLuvsUIts2Sharp4UDemiheart
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited April 2017
    I'd like to see some changes to the Nexon Launcher/Game startup.
    1) I should not be forced to redownload the whole entire game to use the Nexon Launcher when my game works perfectly fine.
    2) Could we please have the region selection (N/A or Europe) selected in a drop down menu IN the Nexon Launcher? Right now it is super irritating when I skip the intro video and click on Europe instead of N/A, and I'm forced to restart the client.
    JettLuvsUEmilyNLfoussiremix
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    More ideas:

Remove magic decay on inverse codex. I may have gotten the name wrong but it's a huge investment even without the decay it would be nice if this kritias item were actually usable. Alternatively reduce the decay rate.

Maybe change kritias invasion to give the top reward to whoever did the most damage? Or change it to give the top reward to both last hit and top damage.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Don't let this thread die
    Xenon92
  • Keane244Keane244
    Reactions: 210
    edited May 2017
    -Gender Swap coupon: I occasionally feel that males get the short end of the stick when it comes to hair, eyes and even nx. There are many times where I wish I had made my character female.
    JettLuvsU
  • MisterKrekelMisterKrekel
    Reactions: 1,240
    edited May 2017
    - Make characters always appear at the front; Nowdays most people have 3 pets and an Android and for some weird reason these appear in front of characters, which often makes it hard to see other players or yourself.
    JettLuvsUSlicedTimeIts2Sharp4U
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I'm not sure if it was already in here but:

* raise the meso cap again. 10b is way too low in a game where the scrolls used on endgame gear can cost over a third of the cap.
    JettLuvsU
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited May 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it was already in here but:

* raise the meso cap again. 10b is way too low in a game where the scrolls used on endgame gear can cost over a third of the cap.

tbh this is a bad idea, because of the botters out there, you're just giving them an increase in their capacity and that makes meso influx go nuts.
    JettLuvsU
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited May 2017
    - Clean Slates or Innocence Scrolls should be allowed on Pet Gears
    - Princess No should have a coin shop
    - Change Princess No into once a day/week boss
    - NX weapon should have a choice of being held one handed or two handed style.
    - Bonus cube for Reward Shop
    - Bring back Fatigue Drinks
    - Remove Root Abyss and Sengoku gears from Philosopher books and Marvel
    - Reduce Price on Legendary Pack (not even Yu-Gi-Oh cards cost 7 bucks a pack)
    - Stack Owls, NX Scrolls

Gonna also add on - Neb diffusers that save nebs!

More add ons!

- Change All Untradable Chairs to Moveable within Account!
    JettLuvsUIts2Sharp4U
  • LatinwxLatinwx
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2017
    Rework Cubes: Eliminate useless lines( %mp o mp plane, for example), extend duration to a month or eliminate the duration, line with greater relation to the class (Do not show %int in a warrior's helmet), etc...
  • EmilyNLEmilyNL
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2017
    Not sure if these are stated already.

- Fix the change channel function so you don't have to reopen it 2 times just to change channels. Also would be nice to have an option to go to the next channel instead of having to open the window. (maybe under the minimap?)
    - When playing on low res the Reflection symbol above bosses heads is blurry. It's a very important feature when bossing so please make that one high res even if playing on low res.
    - When accepting a boss que and you're in a npc shop or something it gets cancelled. Your fellow party member will teleport to the place though. Please make this so that it doesn't get cancelled or get cancelled for both.
    - When in the Magnus place and entering the next map in a party most of the time the party members will end up in different channels and it's hard to find your partner.
    - When entering certain boss places your familiar get's cancelled (like ranmaru)
    - Make the buttons for extracting work smoother, some button's can be clicked with enter but others can't.

The game would be so much more enjoyable when this is applied.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Short version: make bonus potential cubes accessible beyond nx only.

How it could be done:

Similar to master craftsman cubes and meister cubes they could drop in game and/or be crafted.

They could even be added to the reward shop and have 5 per month purchasable.

Why:

Currently bonus potential (bpot) cubes are one of the only remaining purely pay to win damage sources left in the game. These should be made accessible for low paying or free players.

You could even limit the freely obtained bpot cubes by making them extremely rare, or hard to make, or only go up to epic. Anything would be better than the current nothing.
    tracyhoodzLamato
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Short version: make bonus potential cubes accessible beyond nx only.

How it could be done:

Similar to master craftsman cubes and meister cubes they could drop in game and/or be crafted.

They could even be added to the reward shop and have 5 per month purchasable.

Why:

Currently bonus potential (bpot) cubes are one of the only remaining purely pay to win damage sources left in the game. These should be made accessible for low paying or free players.

You could even limit the freely obtained bpot cubes by making them extremely rare, or hard to make, or only go up to epic. Anything would be better than the current nothing.

We're getting Meso Market in two days.
    That means you can buy Maple Points with meso and use those to buy as many Bonus Potential Cubes as you have the meso to afford.

Would still be nice to have some BPot cubes in Rewards Shop, but it's no longer "the only purely pay to win damage source" in the game.
    AlexF
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I suppose that is technically true, but for the most part those maple points weren't free. Someone still paid for them. There's some event maple points that enter circulation too.

Even if we fully accept the meso market as the solution to any item that is available exclusively in the cash shop it's still inaccessible to new players as they won't have the funds to buy maple points on the market. It may still be worth considering even if not specifically for my reasons. :shrug:
  • BunnySakiBunnySaki
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited May 2017
    Better employees
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Suggestion: add occult cubes. (I think we had this before, if anyone knows why they were removed feel free to let me know : 3 )

Occult cubes are cubes that only go up to epic. They're technically not that great for people focusing on their main only.

To me they appear to be ideal for getting decent potential on mules without having to spend a lot on [or wait a long time for] master craftsman cubes to drop.

With union coming up people may want an easier way to get low quality (only up to epic!) potentials.

Check out this screenshot for the massive amount of occults that drop:

hGt968e.png

Master craftsman cubes are great because they go to unique but we're lucky to see them drop at all from bosses, let alone more than 1.

These really shouldn't affect nexon's earnings as people will still want cash shop cubes for the best potentials. They can even get meister cubes already which go to legendary.
    JulyFrixxie