[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

A list of complaints about the code of conduct

Comments

• NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
    Reactions: 1,240
    edited October 2016
    Niightseeker

NeoTokyoDude

What you mention is a possibility but until Nexon actually makes a statement like that there is no reason to be jumping to conclusions and starting arguments over that specific detail.
    http://company.nexon.com/Eng/Contactus/Inquiries/Businessinquiries/Business.aspx
    There ya go. Now you can stop making threads.
    Aww man, you got my hopes up for some breaking news for a second there.
    Aggraphine

NeoTokyoDude

AKradian
    AKradian said:

NeoTokyoDude

And you are not seriously trying to convince me that you do not have a problem with unfair code enforcement, so long as people that have an opinion you do not like are silenced? I had no idea that you are such a big supporter of intolerance.

Even I recognized that there were too many threads and maybe they should be restricted (like any other topic) but a ban is still not needed and is unfair.
    Even you recognized there were too many threads? When? Where?
    How could you forget the threads, you commented in most of them?
    -See "Dear Community manager"
    -See "Sorry for spamming"
    And, judging by this thread and the one like it on the old forums, you clearly aren't sorry for spamming. You're just sorry no one cares about your precious legacy server.
    You claim to dislike Old MS threads so much but always come back to post in them and bring them up whenever possible. Seems counterproductive.
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

Personally, I think both sides are pretty bad. If you guys stopped replying to him, and just ignored him, then maybe he'd bugger off as no one would be paying attention to him? If you dislike someone this much, why do you STILL insist on replying and talking to him?

All of you should stop. This entire issue would've been void if you ignored him a long, long time ago. But every post of his the same two people reply. I get it, you guys disagree with him, the majority of the forums disagree with him, and heck even Nexon disagrees with him. Just sit back, ignore the thread, and it'll either get washed out or locked.

As for the topic, NTD, deal with the consequences of your actions. You won't listen because I know how stubborn you are, but that's all everyone is going to tell you. If you keep posting, no one is going to agree with you. Do you not have a better usage of your time?
    A lot of assumptions although I am glad that you tried to see it from both sides which is more than some would try to do. I might be able to give a longer reply if you come back after reading or re-reading the first post in the thread and making a post more related to the topic.
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

NeoTokyoDude

Thanks for making a not spammy post. (I like the GIF but your timing and choice of thread could use improvement)
    I only do that to threads who aren't worth more than a gif/meme.
    Turns out yours was one of them, congrats.
    I might be able to give a longer reply if you come back after reading or re-reading the first post in the thread and making a post more related to the topic.

Its no secret that Old MS is one of my favorite topics but I would remind everyone to try to stay on the current topic.
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited October 2016
    @NeoTokyoDude
    http://company.nexon.com/Eng/Contactus/Inquiries/Businessinquiries/Business.aspx
    That link is to the business inquiries page on the English version of Nexon Korea's site. Wanting to know if Nexon would consider making a legacy server sure sounds like a business inquiry. You said you wanted an answer from Nexon, so go ahead and make an inquiry, and for the love of all that is holy please leave the forums alone.

Edit: Bold for emphasis since this is my last post on the matter.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Fennekin
    Fennekin said:

The topic shouldn't have been banned; rather, NTD (along with one or two excessively and consistently toxic-towards-the-idea people that I don't see around anymore...) should've had action taken against them, be it a warning, a temp ban, or even a permanent ban, with stronger consequences if they continued. :/

With the exception of the month or two leading to the topic's ban, people seemed to be pretty respectful towards the idea. They disagreed, but they usually didn't do so rudely. When NTD started spamming the threads, the replies devolved into a storm of "NO GTFO", "PRE-BB TRASH FG", "FRAGGIN STUPID FRAGGIN IDEA FRAG", "dead horse pic #9001 look at me contributing to the convo lul", even when the OP was a new forumer (way to be a biter, guys).

If once or twice a month some forumer (as long as it's not the same one over and over) wants to suggest a pre-bb server, what's the harm in that? People suggest things like GSE badge re-acquirement, cash shop transfer events, and fixing Hard Magnus's meteors with about the same frequency. Whereas with this thread, we had to just tell him it's against the rules (gj being polite about it, though).
    No, the topic needed to be banned. You were there, you saw how nasty it was, how pissed off it was making people. It was a good decision to ban the topic, it gave people the chance to calm down and be more levelheaded.

You are correct, up until that last month it was mostly civil. A few people were getting annoyed before then, but it was kept civil for the most part. But I do think that you miss your analogy.

If once or twice a month someone posts the same topic, its usually answered in a polite yet curt way, with someone eventually telling the OP or giving them a link to the older discussions. That's fine, its something that happens on forums because its just not feasible to go through and search every thread before making a new one. Its fine if it is different people making those topics. But when the same person starts spamming the same topic at a fast rate (doesn't matter who, doesn't matter what topic), they know beforehand that there are already posts on the same topic on the forum. They know exactly how many there are, and what type of reactions their post will receive. So when they continue to do so after getting increasingly negative reactions it is a problem and needs to be shut down. Again the topic does not matter. You can see the same thing starting with Daxterbeer and the AO discussion right now (well its been going on a while really). He's been fairly slow about bringing it up over and over but it is getting spammy, and it is also starting to leave a sour taste in people's mouths. If he isn't careful he will wind up in a situation where even people who do support AO are tired of seeing the same discussion with the same negativity/hostility and start to speak out against the threads as well for their own sanity.

NTD did not stop posting as soon as some would like, and so now there are a few people who seem to have decided to permanently hate him (which is unfortunate, but I do understand a little bit).
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

NTD did not stop posting as soon as some would like, and so now there are a few people who seem to have decided to permanently hate him (which is unfortunate, but I do understand a little bit).
    In fairness to those people, if NTD didn't have such a one-track mind RE: old maple, whereby that is the only thing they ever see him posting/talking about, then perhaps they would not take such exception to his posting.
    edited October 2016
    Niightseeker

@NeoTokyoDude
    That link is to the business inquiries page on the English version of Nexon Korea's site. Wanting to know if Nexon would consider making a legacy server sure sounds like a business inquiry. You said you wanted an answer from Nexon, so go ahead and make an inquiry, and for the love of all that is holy please leave the forums alone.

If Nexon won't answer on the forums and not in a ticket then why would a business inquiry be any different? Besides, this thread is not about a legacy server but it is about the unfairness of the related rule in the code of conduct.
    gamechanger

Fennekin
    Fennekin said:

The topic shouldn't have been banned; rather, NTD (along with one or two excessively and consistently toxic-towards-the-idea people that I don't see around anymore...) should've had action taken against them, be it a warning, a temp ban, or even a permanent ban, with stronger consequences if they continued. :/

With the exception of the month or two leading to the topic's ban, people seemed to be pretty respectful towards the idea. They disagreed, but they usually didn't do so rudely. When NTD started spamming the threads, the replies devolved into a storm of "NO GTFO", "PRE-BB TRASH FG", "FRAGGIN STUPID FRAGGIN IDEA FRAG", "dead horse pic #9001 look at me contributing to the convo lul", even when the OP was a new forumer (way to be a biter, guys).

If once or twice a month some forumer (as long as it's not the same one over and over) wants to suggest a pre-bb server, what's the harm in that? People suggest things like GSE badge re-acquirement, cash shop transfer events, and fixing Hard Magnus's meteors with about the same frequency. Whereas with this thread, we had to just tell him it's against the rules (gj being polite about it, though).
    No, the topic needed to be banned. You were there, you saw how nasty it was, how pissed off it was making people.
    Why was it getting nasty and people getting mad? There is no good reason for such behavior.
    Simply put, if another player is breaking a forum rule then the thing to do is make a report.
    If not and the other player is not breaking any rules at that moment, raging against them is baseless and solves nothing. Just because people have differences of opinion on something (even on how long to pursue a question) those differences are not an excuse to turn hostile. That is my thinking in any case. No one is being forced to click on and read threads that they do not want to.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    You won't shut your gob about old maple, even with a rule in place explicitly because of you. How do you not see that you and your incessant pursuit of a legacy server(don't bullshit me, we all know that's what you want, and why you keep whining about how "unfair" the rule banning the talk of it is) is what's causing hostility and making people mad?

You have made 13 posts since coming over to the new forums, not a single one of them has been unrelated to old maple. Are you trolling at this point? Or are you just woefully oblivious?
    KeepComingBack
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited October 2016
    NeoTokyoDude

If Nexon won't answer on the forums and not in a ticket then why would a business inquiry be any different? Besides, this thread is not about a legacy server but it is about the unfairness of the related rule in the code of conduct.
    Here's a snippet of a conversation I had with Waltzing THREE YEARS AGO:

[2013-10-21 11:27:11 PM] Waltzing: The biggest concerns are development costs and server costs, and if the number of subscriptions (P2P) or Cash Shop sales (F2P) would actually make it worthwhile..
    [2013-10-21 11:27:36 PM] Maryse: Yeah, pay to play will most likely be a must
    [2013-10-21 11:29:21 PM] Waltzing: The question is then would it even be updated, or would it pretty much be stagnant except for bug fixes and hack blocks, maybe some old events. For example, the Project OMS guy wants areas released after Big Bang.
    [2013-10-21 11:29:37 PM] Waltzing: Which is a big chunk of development cost and QA cost.
    [2013-10-21 11:29:57 PM] Maryse: hmmm
    [2013-10-21 11:29:58 PM] Maryse: Yeah
    [2013-10-21 11:30:10 PM] Waltzing: Not so much naysaying as bringing up the big concerns.
    [2013-10-21 11:30:30 PM] Maryse: I'm sure it'd be fine if it was just strictly pre-BB
    [2013-10-21 11:30:54 PM] Maryse: I don't understand why you'd want a pre-BB server but still have the latest maps?
    [2013-10-21 11:31:08 PM] Waltzing: There's also the question of which version to use, since everybody who wants a pre-BB server has a different idea about that.
    [2013-10-21 11:31:19 PM] Maryse: Yeah
    [2013-10-21 11:31:22 PM] Maryse: Some people want before pirates
    [2013-10-21 11:31:23 PM] Waltzing: They want Chryse, for example.
    [2013-10-21 11:31:32 PM] Maryse: others just want literally before Big bang
    [2013-10-21 11:31:38 PM] Waltzing: Old maps stay the same, but add new areas.
    [2013-10-21 11:31:41 PM] Waltzingz: Yeah.
    [2013-10-21 11:32:15 PM] Waltzing: The v92 crew often forgets that Potential was out for months before Big Bang, as were Dual Blades.

This is the closest we got from a "staff answer".
    NiightseekerKeepComingBackAggraphineMegaScience
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

NeoTokyoDude

[2013-10-21 11:27:11 PM] Waltzing: The biggest concerns are development costs and server costs, and if the number of subscriptions (P2P) or Cash Shop sales (F2P) would actually make it worthwhile..
    [2013-10-21 11:29:21 PM] Waltzing: The question is then would it even be updated, or would it pretty much be stagnant except for bug fixes and hack blocks, maybe some old events. For example, the Project OMS guy wants areas released after Big Bang.
    [2013-10-21 11:29:37 PM] Waltzing: Which is a big chunk of development cost and QA cost.
    [2013-10-21 11:30:10 PM] Waltzing: Not so much naysaying as bringing up the big concerns.
    [2013-10-21 11:30:30 PM] Maryse: I'm sure it'd be fine if it was just strictly pre-BB
    [2013-10-21 11:30:54 PM] Maryse: I don't understand why you'd want a pre-BB server but still have the latest maps?
    [2013-10-21 11:31:08 PM] Waltzing: There's also the question of which version to use, since everybody who wants a pre-BB server has a different idea about that.
    [2013-10-21 11:32:15 PM] Waltzing: The v92 crew often forgets that Potential was out for months before Big Bang, as were Dual Blades.

You do realize that I am the same NTD from the old forum right? I'm not sure why this was posted in a thread about an unfair rule.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    NeoTokyoDude

Maryse
    Maryse said:

NeoTokyoDude

You do realize that I am the same NTD from the old forum right? I'm not sure why this was posted in a thread about an unfair rule.
    The only reason you, and only you if you haven't noticed, think it's unfair is because it effectively makes you unable to post anything, since that's all you seem able to talk about.
    Maryse
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited October 2016
    NeoTokyoDude

Because you're wanting some sort of an answer and this is all we've got for now.
    Everyone knows how many posts you've made in the past regarding this same subject, and this is why the rule exists. You're just blind and don't see it.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Look through his post history on the old forums. The first two solid pages of threads will be a mix of old maple threads and "I don't like certain parts of the forum rules" threads, such as this one. He does not, and will not, learn. There comes a point in everyone, regardless of who you are or what you claim to the contrary, where you dispense with pleasantries and simply lay it out plain and bare.

In shorter terms, he is all sound and no substance. And he has had more than enough chances at polite, civil discussion. He had his old maple thread, made by Michael, on the old forums. The thread was not about legacy/old maple servers, but he steered the conversation toward them whenever at all possible.
    There's a line between firmly telling someone to knock it off, and outright flaming them or being really rude towards them. A lot of the posts leading up to the topic's ban fell under the latter category. It also extended to pre-bb threads that weren't started by NTD. That were by forum newbies that didn't see NTD's threads (or didn't realize NTD's thread was a pre-bb one, since he likes to be roundabout in the suggestion sometimes).
    gamechanger

But when the same person starts spamming the same topic at a fast rate (doesn't matter who, doesn't matter what topic), they know beforehand that there are already posts on the same topic on the forum. They know exactly how many there are, and what type of reactions their post will receive. So when they continue to do so after getting increasingly negative reactions it is a problem and needs to be shut down. Again the topic does not matter. You can see the same thing starting with Daxterbeer and the AO discussion right now (well its been going on a while really). He's been fairly slow about bringing it up over and over but it is getting spammy, and it is also starting to leave a sour taste in people's mouths. If he isn't careful he will wind up in a situation where even people who do support AO are tired of seeing the same discussion with the same negativity/hostility and start to speak out against the threads as well for their own sanity.

Oh, when I said "the same one over and over", I meant the same forumer over and over. If the same forumer kept posting pre-bb threads month after month, then yeah, he should be banned (or at least warned to stop). But if every once in a while, some random forum newbie or returning player (i.e. the guy whose thread I linked earlier) wants to suggest a pre-bb server, he should be allowed to do so, and we should be allowed to discuss it without all-caps rages. As was the case before NTD started spamming his threads.
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

NeoTokyoDude

Because you're wanting some sort of an answer and this is all we've got for now.
    Artasi wrote almost exactly 2 years ago that they were open to the idea, but wouldn't act on it unless there was community support.

Jagex went a step further and just did a referendum themselves to gauge support for 2007 servers.

NeoTokyoDude
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    NeoTokyoDude

Niightseeker

@NeoTokyoDude

Are you serious?
    No, really?
    Do you for one second believe Nexon takes their users more seriously than potential business partners?
    Do you actually think that the people who respond to forum posts or tickets have more decision-making authority, as well as knowledge of the company's vision and plans, than the people handling business contacts?
    What kind of world do you live in?

You keep evading practical suggestions because all you want to do is talk about Old Maple. And if that's not allowed, then talk about the rule forbidding talking about Old Maple. And if that gets banned, then talking about the rule forbidding talking about the rule forbidding...
    AggraphineMaryseKeepComingBackNiightseekergamechanger
  • YoshumariYoshumari
    Reactions: 2,075
    edited October 2016
    Oh god... Not this again...

Y.K.
    WillScarlet
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I've lurked these forums for a long time and I wonder why you still haven't been permanently banned yet.
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited October 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

I've lurked these forums for a long time and I wonder why you still haven't been permanently banned yet.
    What he's doing is harmless, just super annoying. A perm ban wouldn't be warranted.
    NeoTokyoDudegamechanger
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

The only reason you, and only you if you haven't noticed, think it's unfair is because it effectively makes you unable to post anything, since that's all you seem able to talk about.
    If you don't like the topic and you don't like what the topic creator is writing about then why are you still in this thread?
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

NeoTokyoDude

Everyone knows how many posts you've made in the past regarding this same subject, and this is why the rule exists. You're just blind and don't see it.
    The rule was made under the pretense of spam prevention. However it was done with no prior warning and I was the only one "spamming" during that time. I have long since agreed that there were too many Old MS threads and yet the ban remains. I think that Old MS server threads should have the same treatment as any other topic. Sure we can place some extra limits on it if needed but it does not need to be banned like some kind of curse word or something.
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

NeoTokyoDude

Niightseeker

@NeoTokyoDude

Are you serious?
    No, really?
    Do you for one second believe Nexon takes their users more seriously than potential business partners?
    Do you actually think that the people who respond to forum posts or tickets have more decision-making authority, as well as knowledge of the company's vision and plans, than the people handling business contacts?

You keep evading practical suggestions because all you want to do is talk about Old Maple. And if that's not allowed, then talk about the rule forbidding talking about Old Maple. And if that gets banned, then talking about the rule forbidding talking about the rule forbidding...
    I have no idea what you are rambling on about but the difference between my posts and yours is that mine are within the forum rules. Yours is off topic and trying to make the discussion personal. What makes you think I would want to talk about Old MS specifics when we do not know if the rule is going to remain in place or not? Seems like a couple of people are breaking the code of conduct in an effort to lay some bait. If you really want to discuss an Old MS server then I would advise waiting to see if the rule will be removed or revised. This is not the thread for it though.
    Yoshumari
    Yoshumari said:

Oh god... Not this again...

Y.K.
    Great picture but terrible thread choice. This my good sir/ madam, is spam.
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

Are the Old MS people the only ones who actually read the code of conduct? Why would you think a comment like this is ok?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    NeoTokyoDude

AKradian
    AKradian said:

NeoTokyoDude

Niightseeker

@NeoTokyoDude

Are you serious?
    No, really?

I have no idea what you are rambling on about but the difference between my posts and yours is that mine are within the forum rules. Yours is off topic and trying to make the discussion personal. What makes you think I would want to talk about Old MS specifics when we do not know if the rule is going to remain in place or not? Seems like a couple of people are breaking the code of conduct in an effort to lay some bait. If you really want to discuss an Old MS server then I would advise waiting to see if the rule will be removed or revised. This is not the thread for it though.
    The rule is in place.
    There is no reason to assume it is going anywhere.
    You got an answer to that when you made your first post on these forums.
    But no, you're not willing to accept that answer, so you keep pushing for another one.

People are trying to help you with your obsession by offering you a direct point of contact with Nexon. So you won't have to spam the forums where no answer has been given in years and none is likely to ever be given, and the topic was banned to boot.
    And your response to that is "why would Nexon respond to their business contact page when they don't respond to tickets?"
    I find that response absurd and that is what I am "rambling on about."
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

The rule is in place.
    There is no reason to assume it is going anywhere.
    You got an answer to that when you made your first post on these forums.
    But no, you're not willing to accept that answer, so you keep pushing for another one.

People are trying to help you with your obsession by offering you a direct point of contact with Nexon. So you won't have to spam the forums where no answer has been given in years and none is likely to ever be given, and the topic was banned to boot.
    And your response to that is "why would Nexon respond to their business contact page when they don't respond to tickets?"
    I find that response absurd and that is what I am "rambling on about."
    You shouldn't be so quick to make assumptions about the assumptions of others. That link is for business to business contact, players have their own points of contact to Nexon. I will pass the same question from the other guy over this way, if you don't like the topic and you don't like what the topic creator is writing about then why stay in the thread? I would rather persuade players into agreement then have them leave but if someone wants to exit a conversation for whatever reason I don't hold it against them. The discussion still needs to stay on topic. (especially when it comes to Old MS or out of date rules about Old MS)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Out of date rules?
    The rule was just re-confirmed less than a month ago. How is it out-of-date?
    KeepComingBackNiightseekerMaryse
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Out of date rules?
    The rule was just re-confirmed less than a month ago. How is it out-of-date?
    Out of date as in the rule is in need of review.
    When I made a legacy thread about a month ago, I stated that the rules had been "ninja changed" to clarify that, I meant the rules had been adjusted sometime after I initially finished the thread creation process and not that anyone had purposefully changed them to stop the thread. It was most likely an unfortunate coincidence and me jumping to conclusions and getting my hopes up.

Anyway if you re-read the first post of this thread you should be able to grasp what I am writing about. The rule was not made good, the basis for the rule is faulty and it does not do much except encourage undesirable behavior. Unless you somehow don't care about the "police" ignoring you when you try to explain yourself? Which is something I think that just about anybody should be able to relate to.
This discussion has been closed.