[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Shadower gameplay improvements

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'd like to start off with a suggestion to add a "target priority" option for Meso Explosion. Meso Explosion is a good skill when there's only 1 mob, but flatlines when grinding in a map with 10 enemies (max monsters hit) are in the attack range. It would be nice if there were an option to change the target priority settings to fit the player's surroundings.

When- Right clicking the skill Meso Explosion, you can change the skill's target priority.
Default target priority is to just hit up to 10 mobs randomly with some mobs getting hit 2x or more (with up to 20 projectiles). Skill damage changed from 100% to 150% per shot, damage increase per 5 mesos removed. Will now instead give the player a buff that increases final damage based on mesos exploded (1-20%) for 10 seconds. - EDIT The skill can not be refreshed if exploding meso amount below that which gave you the current buff, but can refresh if mesos exploded is more than mesos exploded that gave you the current buff. This is to avoid fluctuation between random amounts of Final Damage being buffed overtime.

Right clicking the skill once changes target priority to only focus on 1 mob. Mesos that remain in the air after target dies will disappear rather than seek another enemy.

Right clicking again will focus on 1 mob at a time, but will attack an additional mob if the original target dies while there are still mesos in the air. Target is decided based on target with lowest HP (Based on % HP remaining).

Right clicking an additional time will reduce targets from 10 to 5 to concentrate more damage to fewer mobs by decreasing spread. Initial skill damage is reduced by 20%. (130%)

-Into Darkness seems to have a problem with detecting a target even when the assumed conditions are met (monster is facing away/you're behind the target, and is a certain distance away from other enemies?) and needs to be looked into. I have to mash this skill a lot of times before it actually works.

-Would be great if skills could be linked in-between usage of Boomerang Stab. Faster links being that being used with Double Stab, Steal, and Midnight Carnival, while slower-yet-faster skill links being with savage blow, assassinate, and Phase Dash.
Zygarde

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    the last one seems interesting, to be able to cast another skill in between bstep
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited May 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Flip of the coin needs a longer duration - it requires constant buffing to the point it becomes almost unsustainable in end game bosses.

You can macro the skill with other skills to avoid this. Surprisingly I wasn't aware until my 3rd or 4th attempt at trying to main a shadower.
    AlexF
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    flip the coin can be casted while you attack.

in some patch notes they said meso explosion can be casted as well while you attack but i dont see that.