[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

MapleStory X Re:ZERO Cash Shop Update Changes

Comments

• _Cas__Cas_
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited May 2017
    Calm down everyone.

They are trying to do as much as they possibly can to make this event a success. Give Nexon a little slack....

They can't just give an item away which was designed as a pay2win item, and they can't just lower the cost of the boxes to 1k per... Don't forget, it's extremely expensive for a gaming company to host a cross over event, and Nexon would need to make that money back somehow. Of course, a highly p2w item would be the first choice. That's pretty much how the game stays alive...

I think the best thing to do, to fix the issue with Reboot medal, would be to add this medal to an NPC for Mesos in Reboot world only. Even if the price was really high, it would be affordable to those who dedicate their time to progress in Reboot. It would also keep the non-p2w state of the Reboot server, and give players the chance to obtain an event-only item, making it fair for everyone.
    link37890
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited May 2017
    _Cas_ wrote: »
    Calm down everyone.

They are trying to do as much as they possibly can to make this event a success. Give Nexon a little slack....

They can't just give an item away which was designed as a pay2win item, and they can't just lower the cost of the boxes to 1k per... Don't forget, it's extremely expensive for a gaming company to host a cross over event, and Nexon would need to make that money back somehow. Of course, a highly p2w item would be the first choice. That's pretty much how the game stays alive...

I think the best thing to do, to fix the issue with Reboot medal, would be to add this medal to an NPC for Mesos in Reboot world only. Even if the price was really high, it would be affordable to those who dedicate their time to progress in Reboot. It would also keep the non-p2w state of the Reboot server, and give players the chance to obtain an event-only item, making it fair for everyone.

What about the fact that you have a 1/4th chance of getting a rezero cosmetic from surprise style box, <1/4 from surprise item box, and 1/2 chance from hair coupon.
    PissedOffn0ReasonMapler
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited May 2017
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. When it comes to Nexon, it's all or nothing.
    This whole situation reminds me of that movie Bedazzled. Careful what you wish for...
    WillowRosenberg
  • RemRem
    Reactions: 510
    edited May 2017
    Why must everything be RNG nowadays. Can't we at least buy the sets itself like how we could buy the Kirito hair/face/outfit from the SAO event instead of having to open boxes for it?
    PissedOff
  • XeratetsuXeratetsu
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited May 2017
    You wanna know why we made such a big deal out of this situation? Because this is exactly what nexon always does. Here let me quote myself from reddit
    this is exactly the same thing that happened with cubes right? They dipped their toe into the water with a single type of cube, Saw that it worked and took advantage of it and blew it out of proportion to a ridiculous extent. Then they took it further with bonus pot, and nebs and IA. Its how nexon works. They start small with just a little change and then f**king destroy their servers by nuking it into a giant cash grab. Nexon doesn't change, and if we don't say anything about it then they're gonna nuke reboot because it doesn't make them money like the normal servers do.

This is the reason. Its not because of the medal. Personally im glad they removed the medal, its no big deal. Could they have gone a better route to fix the event? Sure. Did they want to cater to reboot players? No Why? Because we wont make them money, Its that simple. Reboot needs to stay a place where your effort put into the game puts out exactly the power you should have from all the effort.

If we let nexon put even a single item in the cs that someone can just blow 100$ on and get then we lose. they'll do it again with something stronger, and then again with something even stronger than that. Its their system, they've been doing it for years. This is why myself and so many other have been fighting against this in reboot. WE DONT WANT TO END UP LIKE THE NORMAL SERVERS. End of story.
  • BunnySakiBunnySaki
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited May 2017
    This just goes to show that they don't play their own game cause if they did, they would've taken another approach.
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    edited May 2017
    You can summarize this whole problem in just one small sentence: no profit.
  • QuilavaQuilava
    Reactions: 870
    edited May 2017
    Calm down everyone.

They don't have to reduce the price, instead they just have to remove the non cross over related items from the boxes and make the hair coupons purchasable with nx. The thing a lot of people are upset about is that the crossover boxes do not guarantee Re:Zero items. The current rng with this discourages not only existing players like me from buying nx, but it also scares away any potential people who are joining purely for this event. Sure I can spend hundreds of dollars to get each and every item, but why waste money on pixels when I could just buy a video game console?
    PissedOffn0Reason
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    This is actually hilarious.
    u6sipVS.jpg
    GargulaTuban0ReasonMaplerxOtakuNewtWillowRosenberg
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited May 2017
    So you can now spend nx for unique potential scrolls? They remove one p2w and replace it with another right when the update is doneXD For all those reddit people saying they won GG
    Gargulan0Reason
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    u6sipVS.jpg

damn i laughed, they became cubes...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    So you can now spend nx for unique potential scrolls?

Yeah, I don't get it.

Or rather, it seems like Nexon don't get it.
    Why did they have to invent these fragments and their exchange (which are probably the reason the maintenance has been extended)?

"No advantage by paying", how is that so hard to understand? No Unique Potential Scrolls, no Onyx Apples, and not even Spell Traces that can be NPC'ed for meso. Nothing but cosmetics should be purchasable with NX on Reboot.
    Period.
    n0Reason
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    edited May 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    u6sipVS.jpg

damn i laughed, they became cubes...

LOOL. What else can I say?
    54kNc.png
    By Rushido.

Reoshikai
  • ShisuiShisui
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2017
    instead of removing the medals could we just remove the stats? since the medals do look nice and unique we can anvil them in reboot? for the re:zero event items we can also put those into packages like some of the other costume packages we have. ex: phantom package and the zero package.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited May 2017
    Calm down everyone.

Yeah it costs a lot of money to run a company, so I guess they should just jack up the prices to where no one wants to buy what they are selling.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited May 2017
    what still doesn't make sense to me is their pricing.

tbh, I would be completely okay with this random box being 25k NX just like the black friday bs boxes
    IF they only have content things in them.

I think that would be a little more logical, and for the Life Medal, it should be the final quest reward.
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited May 2017
    u6sipVS.jpg

Nexon WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING?
    Gargulan0ReasonxOtakuWillowRosenberg
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

tbh, I would be completely okay with this random box being 25k NX just like the black friday bs boxes

I think that would be a little more logical, and for the Life Medal, it should be the final quest reward.

"Micro transactions."
    Nexon thinks that if they put a big price tag on an item, people would get "sticker shock" and not buy it.
    But if they sell the same item in a box that costs 1/10th of the price, and with 1/10 chance to give the item - or even 1/20 the chance - then people will buy and buy without noticing how much they've already spent.

I don't know how true that is. I do think that when it's overdone, it backfires. I don't know how many of the people declaiming "I won't buy the boxes" now, will break down and buy them later because "I really wanted that Re:ZERO item and this was my only chance to get it." But the same could be said about an outright high price.
  • ReoshikaiReoshikai
    Reactions: 1,020
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    u6sipVS.jpg

Nice job Nexon!
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

"Micro transactions."
    Nexon thinks that if they put a big price tag on an item, people would get "sticker shock" and not buy it.
    But if they sell the same item in a box that costs 1/10th of the price, and with 1/10 chance to give the item - or even 1/20 the chance - then people will buy and buy without noticing how much they've already spent.

I don't know how true that is. I do think that when it's overdone, it backfires. I don't know how many of the people declaiming "I won't buy the boxes" now, will break down and buy them later because "I really wanted that Re:ZERO item and this was my only chance to get it." But the same could be said about an outright high price.

Only thing worth it are the 8 content items, broid, and permanent pendant slot. Outlaw heart and frenzy arent even in the boxes
    yet the prices are higher than Philosopher books, thats what i find stupidly funny.