[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Suggestions for Royal Hairs/Faces & Perm NX Covers

Comments

• DisneyPixarDisneyPixar
    Reactions: 875
    edited May 2017
    Tuba wrote: »
    Wow are you serious? Why wouldn't they make a hair coupon to where you could select the hair you want, like they did for the SaO event?! Just looking at how ridiculous the cash shop preview is I'm very disappointed in this event now. They get more p2w every year.

Aesthetics aren't a p2w aspect of the game, but they were being really slimy about the royal hair rotations. It's unreasonable to be hosting a crossover event and have people spend money only to have a chance to get an aesthetic item that is completely irrelevant to the crossover event. To make things worse, the livestream demo they did last week allowed players to use style coupons that gave you the specific hairstyle that you wanted at a 100% chance, as opposed to having to gamble with royal hair coupons. I would've happily paid NX to be able to buy certain crossover aesthetics at a flat rate just like the SAO and AoT event, but now I doubt I'll be buying anything.

Altogether it's not a pay-to-win move to allow aesthetics to be obtained this way, but It's just downright misleading and probably dishonest to be showcasing what simply doesn't exist in this event.
    forumsareannoyingemperor52PissedOffMemories
  • emperor52emperor52
    Reactions: 1,940
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

Wow are you serious? Why wouldn't they make a hair coupon to where you could select the hair you want, like they did for the SaO event?! Just looking at how ridiculous the cash shop preview is I'm very disappointed in this event now. They get more p2w every year.

I hope the upcoming events will reward us with coupons and/or coins to buy the hairs, items or cash equips; I'm not buying either the surprise style or random boxes with the tiny chance I'll get Zero stuff. I might try the Royal coupons once or twice, but I'm not really interested in the hairs or faces.

Tuba
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited May 2017

Aesthetics aren't a p2w aspect of the game, but they were being really slimy about the royal hair rotations. It's unreasonable to be hosting a crossover event and have people spend money only to have a chance to get an aesthetic item that is completely irrelevant to the crossover event. To make things worse, the livestream demo they did last week allowed players to use style coupons that gave you the specific hairstyle that you wanted at a 100% chance, as opposed to having to gamble with royal hair coupons. I would've happily paid NX to be able to buy certain crossover aesthetics at a flat rate just like the SAO and AoT event, but now I doubt I'll be buying anything.

Altogether it's not a pay-to-win move to allow aesthetics to be obtained this way, but It's just downright misleading and probably dishonest to be showcasing what simply doesn't exist in this event.

You're not wrong, but I was talking about the overall update preview not just the hair, so I probably should've been more specific lol. But regarding the hair rotations, yeah it was a pretty unreasonable move on their part. Especially to players who are big on their cosmetics.

emperor52 wrote: »
    I hope the upcoming events will reward us with coupons and/or coins to buy the hairs, items or cash equips; I'm not buying either the surprise style or random boxes with the tiny chance I'll get Zero stuff. I might try the Royal coupons once or twice, but I'm not really interested in the hairs or faces.

Same here lol, I don't buy the style boxes because I think the concept is ridiculous and it's a total scam. I wish GMS had the cash shop KMS has, where you can just select the permanent Nx clothes you want, without having to gamble a ridiculous amount of money.
  • DisneyPixarDisneyPixar
    Reactions: 875
    edited May 2017
    Bottom line is that Re:Zero hairstyles should've never been from gambling royals, and should be instead purchasable coupons available at a flat rate of NX. The livestream coverage did it, and so did JMS - GMS should be getting the same treatment.

Are we also forgetting that the microsite for this event literally stated that we could "Get a New Look With Re:ZERO Hair Coupons"? Sorry; but that's literally what it says on the site.
    Tuba
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited May 2017
    It says the same for the Re:Zero Surprise Style Box. If the Re:Zero items were supposed to be added to the MVP box or Premium Surprise Style Box, it should have said 'with special Re:Zero items added to the Premium Surprise Style Box during this event!' or something. The micro site made it sound like the hair and surprise style box items were supposed to all be Re:Zero based. It's false advertising.
    I'm not buying them as it stands, I don't do 'with other prizes inside' boxes. I don't support broken promises.

Anyway, I GUESS it's nice suggestions were passed on, but I want these suggestions passed on, too. No one wants the quarter machine approach to this event. It seems this is getting read, so PLEASE change this.
  • PandaFrostPandaFrost
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited May 2017
    This was in a separate thread but I'll add it on here.
    Male and female Battleroid armor sets. MSEA just released these recently.
    Went by the names of Kagemusha and Dark Elf sets.
    kagemusha_header.PNG
    darkelf_header.PNG

Noblesse Aura
    noblesse_aura.gif

Angelique Aura
    angelique_aura.gif

JettLuvsUemperor52xSakuraHimeStarrySWolfBirntey
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited May 2017
    Looks like beast tamer is going to be released on June 7, and most likely will their themed nx package. Would it be possible to make the equips purchasable separately? I've been waiting a couple years hoping that the the top would be released individually. D=
    00IHs-4b946945-8818-41dd-8355-fdef72ffb752.png
  • emperor52emperor52
    Reactions: 1,940
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    So the Zero Hair Coupons don't seem too bad, bought four to get Subaru hairstyle; the first three were Rem, Crusch, then Rem again, so guess I got lucky or the odds are pretty good for Zero styles.
    JettLuvsU
  • thatplantthatplant
    Reactions: 765
    edited May 2017
    I'd really love to see the roo-bot pets make a comeback. I've always really liked them!!!
    JettLuvsUemperor52
  • FictionalFictional
    Reactions: 905
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    The Legendary Gold Poop Hat & Poo Stick, please.
    It was in last year, for Maple Rewards Shop Specials. D: Thank you.
  • iHappyFoxiHappyFox
    Reactions: 950
    edited May 2017
    Would love to see the Izuna hair and Takenokono Hair since I missed them earlier that year.

merdeka_hairstyle_f.png
    Far Left one being Takenokonoko's Hair
    fhdjh2343430.jpg

JettLuvsUTsukiBakaemperor52xSakuraHimeStarrySWolf
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited May 2017
    iHappyFox wrote: »
    Would love to see the Izuna hair and Takenokono Hair since I missed them earlier that year.

merdeka_hairstyle_f.png
    fhdjh2343430.jpg

Would love to have that Izuna hair!

Although, if Soprano hair even comes back. Will do everything I can to get that instead :3
    Tuba
  • CosmeticsCosmetics
    Reactions: 590
    edited May 2017
    Wind Bell Earrings, please. I don't think it was ever obtainable after Nexon discontinued purchasable permanent NX in the Cash Shop.
    Also, any of the Flutter Flower Knit items from this box rotation: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/18395/updated-cash-shop-update-11-9

Oh, and this dress is <3. Would love to see it around sometime.
    Larger:
    kfgfXfS.png

Normal:
    k52WOjJ.png
    JettLuvsUemperor52TubaxSakuraHime
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited May 2017
    emperor52 wrote: »

iHappyFox wrote: »

merdeka_hairstyle_f.png
    fhdjh2343430.jpg

I wish there was a way you could take the fox ears off of the Izuna hair because it looks dumb in hats w/ the ears.
  • CookieAppleCookieApple
    Reactions: 490
    edited May 2017
    I hope Perma transparent clothing like face accessory will come back soon, not very satisfied to see my face covered by sailor mask ;ww; I'm new to the game btw hello community !
    JettLuvsUemperor52
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited May 2017
    I hope Perma transparent clothing like face accessory will come back soon, not very satisfied to see my face covered by sailor mask ;ww; I'm new to the game btw hello community !

welcome :)

Permanent transparent equips sale is always in Black Friday :) so few more months
  • krskkrsk
    Reactions: 2,980
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Greetings , everyone!

We've submitted a compilation of the styles players would like to see in rotation for the future.
    Mostly likely, the earliest we'll start seeing a lot of the styles from this thread will be sometime around May.

Being as the month is coming to an end, I guess we won't be seeing any of the styles we have requested in May after all? Is this just going to be another situation where you guys throw some half-hearted promises at us to appease us short term and then don't deliver AT ALL?
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    krsk wrote: »
    Being as the month is coming to an end, I guess we won't be seeing any of the styles we have requested in May after all? Is this just going to be another situation where you guys throw some half-hearted promises at us to appease us short term and then don't deliver AT ALL?

There was a update on page 7 from him saying we might see the suggestions after Re:Zero. : D
    I wouldn't loose faith just yet. ;_;
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know that our NX cover related list of suggestions were updated and sent.
    As mentioned, we'll most likely see a lot of these suggestions in the coming rotations after Re: Zero.

Thank you!

Arwoo~
    emperor52
  • krskkrsk
    Reactions: 2,980
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

There was a update on page 7 from him saying we might see the suggestions after Re:Zero. : D
    I wouldn't loose faith just yet. ;_;
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know that our NX cover related list of suggestions were updated and sent.
    As mentioned, we'll most likely see a lot of these suggestions in the coming rotations after Re: Zero.

Thank you!

Arwoo~

After re:zero is still after May.. I mean the hope is gone.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited May 2017
    After re:zero is still after May.. I mean the hope is gone.

Nothing good comes from being pessimistic.
    When the original list of suggestions were sent out the plans for Re:ZERO were still being put together.

As stated multiple times in the past, there was a delay in seeing a number of community suggested styles due to the collaboration event. Expect to see more community suggestions after the Re:ZERO collaboration event has concluded as stated in my recent post. Don't expect to see every single style and NX cover from the rotation to be items from only within this thread either. Our other teams also have an agenda for the release/appearance of certain items and this thread allows Maplers to see a number of their requested items within that line up.

Thank you,

Arwoo
    JettLuvsUemperor52
This discussion has been closed.