[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Pls. Show Profession in Character Selection Screen

ThroktarThroktar
Reactions: 420
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Unless I write it down, I have trouble recalling what profession my characters are!

Is it possible to add this one small feature to the info screen where you select your characters?

Right now, "Job" is listed followed by "Overall Ranking" and "World Ranking" and for the life of me, I still have no understanding of those rankings and what they mean! Maybe instead of both those rankings appearing, one can be replaced by "Profession"? That way it makes it practical and simple to see what kind of profession your character is.

I'm hoping that this is not too much to ask. Thank you!

Comments

• BunnySakiBunnySaki
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited May 2017
    Throktar wrote: »
    Unless I write it down, I have trouble recalling what profession my characters are!

Is it possible to add this one small feature to the info screen where you select your characters?

Right now, "Job" is listed followed by "Overall Ranking" and "World Ranking" and for the life of me, I still have no understanding of those rankings and what they mean! Maybe instead of both those rankings appearing, one can be replaced by "Profession"? That way it makes it practical and simple to see what kind of profession your character is.

I'm hoping that this is not too much to ask. Thank you!

Job is your class and it says what your class is. Overall ranking is your ranking compared to the whole GMS communitity and World Ranking is your ranking within the server you're playing.
  • ThroktarThroktar
    Reactions: 420
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the explanation but I would rather know what my profession is more than my ranking. Or maybe they could add another line to show it? I just want to know what my character's professions are as a matter of convenience.
  • BunnySakiBunnySaki
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the explanation but I would rather know what my profession is more than my ranking. Or maybe they could add another line to show it? I just want to know what my character's professions are as a matter of convenience.

I don't understand what this profession is. Do you mean your class? It tells you on the character selection screen.
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited May 2017
    I believe he means the ardent professions and what about organice your character in a way you can remember the professions on them without writing everything up? =)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    BunnySaki wrote: »

I don't understand what this profession is. Do you mean your class? It tells you on the character selection screen.

Profession is Alchemy, Smithing, or Accessory crafting.

As for the suggestion... I also often don't remember which mule I put my <whatever> on, so maybe allow viewing inventory from the character select screen, too?
  • BunnySakiBunnySaki
    edited May 2017
    I believe he means the ardent professions and what about organice your character in a way you can remember the professions on them without writing everything up? =)

Oh I understand. I didn't get it cause I didn't think that profession, in terms of ardentmill, would be of concern to people. In reboot you can learn all 5 but in non reboot you can learn up to 3 so you can have 2 characters to learn all 5. Thanks for clarifying.
    Perceptivity
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

Oh I understand. I didn't get it cause I didn't think that profession, in terms of ardentmill, would be of concern to people. In reboot you can learn all 5 but in non reboot you can learn up to 3 so you can have 2 characters to learn all 5. Thanks for clarifying.

Actually in non-Reboot you can learn 3 but two of them are always mining and herbalism, so you need 3 to cover all of them.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Profession is Alchemy, Smithing, or Accessory crafting.

As for the suggestion... I also often don't remember which mule I put my <whatever> on, so maybe allow viewing inventory from the character select screen, too?

I need the ability to look up the stuff on my mules before using them. I had a few moments where i forget who has my elemental staff or abso ring.
    Its2Sharp4U