[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Stop people from holding spots in Free Market!

piercedfreakpiercedfreak
Reactions: 1,000
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I went in FM tonight, just browsing, and FM 6 was nothing but empty stores, all from the same guy(left his tag in the store description). There are also about 3-4 empty stores in each FM 1-5, some with "Selling spot" in the description, others with nothing. Some of us just want to setup a store, and sell a few items, but we end up in FM 10+ because of all the empty stores.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Sounds like a huge waste of NX to me, holding all of FM6.
    What with Owls and Auction House, it becomes even more pointless.

Anyway, I don't think GMs patrol FM at all, except to occasionally ban the spambots in the Entrance map. People blatantly advertise their items for real-world currency, and nothing happens to them. And you think GMs are going to check for empty shops and close them?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    People blatantly advertise their items for real-world currency, and nothing happens to them.

That there is a major problem.

Last time I checked, selling items for real money could get you in serious trouble. I've reported about a fifty players selling items for paypal. Even with a screenshot of all the items being the sold, the seller's black market site, I get the same response of "We will investigate this player" and "We cannot disclose any action taken on the account," and player is still selling a pendant for 80 USD a week later. The vicious cycle then repeats itself and then I wonder if the investigation team is stupid and can't confirm the player is guilty or if Nexon started relaxing their policies regarding players selling items for paypal.
    forumsareannoying
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Ugh, fm is a nightmare at times, especially after maintenence! THE SPACE HOGGERS just need to keep out of fm !
    Or if they accidentally take up 2 fm spaces, move the store so someone else can use a space also.

As for spot sellers... I doubt you can ever stop them, as for FM6, that seems more of a dead fm room (For Luna anyway...)
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2017
    why do people bother to hold down spaces when we have owls and AH? this is something I seriously don't understand because no one needs to walk around the FM to find what they want anymore.

you can set up a stall in ch 20 and still get customers due to owls.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Anyway, I don't think GMs patrol FM at all, except to occasionally ban the spambots in the Entrance map.

That's really too bad. They should be investigating the shops filled with elite boss drops.

You know, hit them where it hurts instead of taking down the blaze bots that are instantly remade.