[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Balrog Quest

BlueChinchillaBlueChinchilla
Reactions: 300
edited May 2017 in General Chat
So I got bored and decided to kill some Balrogs because why not. I've seen level 69 players solo it so I guess with a level 135 ice mage, it should be a breeze. But no, the health bar never budged even after 3 minutes of continuous attacking. Does the difficulty go up as your level increases or something?

Is this a bug? Or am I missing something critical here?

Comments

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited May 2017
    Use your second job's skills :)

You can only use active skills/buffs from first job and second job.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    For the first few minutes of the fight with Balrog, its HP bar will not go down. You must keep attacking, though, because this bit is a test of your strength. If you don't do enough damage (that doesn't register), you'll get kicked out.
    After that, the actual fight starts, and Balrog will take damage.
    JettLuvsUBlueChinchilla
  • MisterKrekelMisterKrekel
    Reactions: 1,240
    edited May 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »
    Use your second job's skills :)

You can only use active skills/buffs from first job and second job.

Since the latest patch that changed the level restrictions for this boss you can now use all skills from your class (including 5th job skills)
    Invulgo
  • BlueChinchillaBlueChinchilla
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    For the first few minutes of the fight with Balrog, its HP bar will not go down. You must keep attacking, though, because this bit is a test of your strength. If you don't do enough damage (that doesn't register), you'll get kicked out.
    After that, the actual fight starts, and Balrog will take damage.

I get it now, thanks for the insight!

• MidnightLouieMidnightLouie
    Reactions: 550
    edited May 2017
    How much damage do you have to do to Balrog's claws in the first three minutes of the fight. I know that the other claw becomes active when the timer drops below 17 minutes but I didn't know you had to do a ton of damage of you'd be kicked from the battle. I need to farm Balrog to add him to my Monster Collection so it would be nice to know.