[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Update on Discount Coupon in Reboot

BunnySakiBunnySaki
Reactions: 1,185
edited May 2017 in General Chat
Is there an update on if we are going to get the charming cosmetic discount voucher in reboot?

Comments

• TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited May 2017
    BunnySaki wrote: »
    Is there an update on if we are going to get the charming cosmetic discount voucher in reboot?

Even though I was a victim of this, how would you think they could fix this? Reboot players got a 50% Chance of getting the right discount coupon, so some people got the right one. If they just compensate everyone with the right coupon, some people will still consider it unfair that some people got 2 of them.

Personally, it would be nice to get the 1 discount coupon. I wouldn't mind the lucky people getting a second one.
  • BunnySakiBunnySaki
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited May 2017
    TsukiBaka wrote: »

Even though I was a victim of this, how would you think they could fix this? Reboot players got a 50% Chance of getting the right discount coupon, so some people got the right one. If they just compensate everyone with the right coupon, some people will still consider it unfair that some people got 2 of them.

Personally, it would be nice to get the 1 discount coupon. I wouldn't mind the lucky people getting a second one.

I'm pretty sure they can find out who got what and then those who didn't get the right one would receive another one. But knowing nexon they're not gonna own up to the fact that they messed up and probably won't give players another one.
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    edited May 2017

I'm pretty sure they can find out who got what and then those who didn't get the right one would receive another one. But knowing nexon they're not gonna own up to the fact that they messed up and probably won't give players another one.

uhh... why are you so sure about that? I can almost guarantee you, they can't find out who got what, BUT if they can, they'd have to MANUALLY give every single victim the coupon. Yeahh, no.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    I got this issue too...but I doubt anything will be done.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited May 2017
    I'm afraid there are no plans to compensate anyone for this as you could collect the item on a different world.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Okhura wrote: »
    I'm afraid there are no plans to compensate anyone for this as you could collect the item on a different world.

What good is a discount in another world, to someone who plays Reboot?
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited May 2017
    I don't think compensation is needed.... but having someone at Nexon saying 'Hey, code goofed, going to have codemonkeys double check from now on, sorry for the goof" would be a nice thing.

It's sort of like "heya, got this soup some will get a garlic pesto soup and some will get a rich tomato and basil soup, but Table 10 won't get the Garlic infused soup" so we go and sit at table 10 and so thinking "Hmmm not fond of garlic, so here is good for me!" so Soup's serve, free soup but mouth is salavating at Tomato and basil soup only to find our free soup is the Garlic pesto soup. We think okay we were told this... and we could have gotten soup at any table but we chose this table on the idea that Table 10 would be getting only the Tomato basil soup. It's not really worth getting too upset about, but it would be nice for the chef to say 'oops, it was a goof and we'll try making sure we get it right next time.'
    But we have the waiters saying "Well you could have sat at any of the other tables and get your soup, so suck it up buttercup soup was served as intended."

Not the best analogy but I hope it makes it clear. I don't think it's bad enough to require compensation though, just getting acknowledgement that it happened.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited May 2017
    Our VFMs have delivered the negative sentiment that the community expressed over this coupon event.
    We'll try out best to ensure future events don't make this same mistake.
    DaisukeHaruto
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    edited May 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Our VFMs have delivered the negative sentiment that the community expressed over this coupon event.

Translation: We will not be giving any compensations for this mistake.
    Tuba
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited May 2017

Translation: We will not be giving any compensations for this mistake.

Or they will say that they will compensate players, but in the next patch update. But expected plot twist: they magically 'forget' to hand it out lolol.
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited May 2017
    Tuba wrote: »
    Or they will say that they will compensate players, but in the next patch update. But expected plot twist: they magically 'forget' to hand it out lolol.

Has there been a case where we promised compensation, but didn't compensate?
    If so, we will look into these cases.

Or is this a hypothetical? If it's a hypothetical, that's not nice!
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited May 2017
    Thank you Arwoo... that's all we really needed, knowing that this issue wasn't filed in to the roundcan (waste basket). there has been a few times that we had an issue with something and the ones running the show were giving the wrong attention. Example being getting stuck in an event room and both exits sends us back to the same room but on the other side.
    Nexon : Sorry your characters are stuck in that room without an exit... so we'll give you 2X coupons on that character"
    Most of the Maplers: Wait get us out of here first!
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited May 2017

I'm sure there was that one time with the big spender event where they didn't hand out rewards, and then on the next big spender event when it ended they didn't hand out the 2nd big spender rewards but rather only the one that didn't get handed out the first time. I had to wait like 2 more weeks before I got those maple reward points.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »

I'm sure there was that one time with the big spender event where they didn't hand out rewards, and then on the next big spender event when it ended they didn't hand out the 2nd big spender rewards but rather only the one that didn't get handed out the first time. I had to wait like 2 more weeks before I got those maple reward points.

:T Yeah, big spender...I never got my 50k spending reward...-coughs- and you wonder why I won't buy your RNG boxes anymore, Nexon?
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited May 2017
    While the "Big Spender" event predates my time, would you guys please send a ticket and provide our Customer Support team with details? We'll be sure to follow up with the status of compensation regarding this event.

Thank you,

Arwoo~
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Compensation for items that were already free to begin with wotdis
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited May 2017

Yes, there has been. In the previous Halloween event, a quest was bugged for certain players preventing them from being able to complete the quests. During this time I personally submitted a few tickets to see 1) what I could to do possibly fix the problem 2) check up on the progress of where they are on the issue. During the event I was told that they were looking into this issue and "the appropriate compensation for those who are deserving of them will be granted should the Game Team have any updates on these issues." That's directly from my ticket, but eventually the event ends and my character had still been glitched unable to complete the quests, I get told that they won't compensate me now because to sum it, up 'they couldn't find the issue on their end', even though I was clearly glitched and other players were too as they posted about it on the forums lol. And I get it, you can't always find a short term solution, but It's frustrating when you get told that they are looking into the issue and 1)the issue never gets resolved and the event is over, and 2)they tell you that you'll be compensated, but they never provide the compensation.