[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How do I get Arcane Power?

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,350
edited May 2017 in General Chat
I just did 5th job, wandered into Weathered Land of Happiness and died immediately.

The map says that it requires 30 Arcane Power. What is that, and how do I get it?

Comments

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Did you get a quest that says to kill 10 (or so) Happy Erdas or something? I think you need to do that quest first, then the game'll take pity on you and give you an Arcane Symbol, which you can equip to give you 30 AF. Then you need to do a questline to unlock the ACTUAL symbol. Then you can start doing dailies/farming for more symbols to upgrade that symbol into a stronger symbol which'll give you more AF.

Though if you're dying immediately, the first part might be hard lol. Might need to either upgrade your gear or ask someone in your server for help.
    Mawg
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited May 2017
    You need to complete the quests to gain an Arcane Symbol which gives 30 Arcane Power.
    You gain a symbol for each of the areas when you have completed the quests.

You can level up these symbols through picking up them as drops, completing daily vanishing quests and the pq in chu chu.
    Mawg
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I strongly recommend getting someone to help you. Either a higher-level guildy or just any random person you see in Nameless Town.

Not only are the Happy Erdas very very difficult to kill without Arcane Power, but their map likely has a green flying "Lantern Erda" which will potion-lock you if it manages to touch you, and then hit you for 10% of your HP, over and over.
  • MawgMawg
    Reactions: 1,350
    edited May 2017
    I am now on quest "Gathering Scattered Memories (2) - Obtain 50 Raging Memories from Raging Erdas", so I guess that I dealt with the Happy Erdas. However, I haven't Mapled in a few months, so cant remember.

Sounds like that should have given me 30 Arcane Power (and opened daily quests), Obviously, I collect the quest reward, esle I would not have been give the next quest.

Ooops, I just found an "Arcane Symbol" in inventory & clicked it. It vanished & can't see where it went, or how to check my Arcane Power level, but it looks like I am back in the game - after taking 3 or 4 months off because I was so dumb F7
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    The Arcane Symbol went into your equipment window. Open it, and at the bottom right you will see a blue button saying "Arcane". Click that and it will open an extra panel showing your Arcane Symbol slots.

Also, when you go into any hunting map in the Arcane River area, your arcane force and the map's requirement will be displayed at the top left of your screen, under the mini-map.
    Mawg