[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unscheduled Maintenance Announcement - 5/30/2017

Comments

• choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    "An exploit in the Mechanical Hearts Event which allowed players to bypass the 15 minute time limit during the Investigation Mode has been blocked."

Proof that they'll only fix bugs that benefit anyone and leave the ones that hurt people.
    geanxd02Its2Sharp4UDough
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    Huh, well what a turn of events.

Does that mean the busted investigation timer has been fixed?
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

It might be, it might not. But there are still going to be bugged out maps with broken monster levels if the root cause of all this wasn't dealt with.
  • RexlanRexlan
    Reactions: 420
    edited May 2017

It has not. Just went in with one of my alts and on the second map, ended up in some 200+ dude's instance with a minute left on the timer. :(
    Its2Sharp4U
  • geanxd02geanxd02
    Reactions: 520
    edited May 2017
    "An exploit in the Mechanical Hearts Event which allowed players to bypass the 15 minute time limit during the Investigation Mode has been blocked"

You sacrificed 2 hours and a half to complete a reset and attendance, droid and other events for the benefit of others players, you do not think in the people who work and study and play the game later? are 2 hours whit 30 mints lost for players of other regions and states. incredible the method of doing maintenance by nexon nowadays, it is not the first time that happens . in hour critic and reset for complete the day . do you guys think of all the players in ms? Or of those who cry for an event of 15mint for blocked it later?, that easy could be fixed after the reset, now i justo log the game and found hackers in arcane river booting and check the forums and found so many people whit bugs in characters, fix for it definitive?, inclus many but many people today enter to the game quickly looging to the game by a program, the nexon launcher?... play maple since the beta and never recurred to forums for post, it , but not lately. No is lately, are years that the game does not progress and is only dedicated to benefit those who cry or want easy, people study and work, maintenance after reset or day of usual maintenance
  • thatplantthatplant
    Reactions: 765
    edited May 2017
    So, this hasn't been fixed.
    Please fix this event asap. It's super annoying trying to time everything perfectly just so you can have a good map to farm in.
    Also, please fix the mobs. I just killed a mob in B4 and I just accidentally made a lv. 140 die at the investigation map. I feel SO bad because I thought it was fixed. He had 10+ minutes left and that was his last entry...
  • CookieAppleCookieApple
    Reactions: 490
    edited May 2017
    I heard from my friend that when he (lv120) was farming in investigation mode, a lv250 came and the mobs became lv250 and killed my friend instantly. What kind of bs is this?? Is it true that monster level will change depending on the last person entered ?
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    i don't understand why people keep giving this company money when they'll only fix bugs that benefit people and leave the ones that cause harm. (unless they directly profit from the fix)
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited May 2017
    chooz wrote: »
    i don't understand why people keep giving this company money when they'll only fix bugs that benefit people and leave the ones that cause harm. (unless they directly profit from the fix)

Hello,

Unscheduled maintenances are only for urgent fixes to implement as soon as possible to stop any game breaking behavior.

The Maple team members heard the community and they are planning to fix few bugs and mechanics in the Mechanical Hearts Event. I do not have more details to share at this moment.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017

it's like emergency ban list in yugioh
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Slatymate wrote: »

Hello,

Unscheduled maintenances are only for urgent fixes to implement as soon as possible to stop any game breaking behavior.

The Maple team members heard the community and they are planning to fix few bugs and mechanics in the Mechanical Hearts Event. I do not have more details to share at this moment.

The problem is, the "game breaking behavior" was devised as a counter to losing runs constantly. It should have been fixed all at once instead.
    DarkPassenger