[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cheating in Memory Game

TheTranManTheTranMan
Reactions: 410
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
It's not really fixable but it aggrevates me more than it should that people can just record the cards flipping over at the beginning so they can match every single pair on their turn. So in other words, if you don't go first, you are screwed. So therefore, don't even bother playing against a stranger. Just trade wins with a friend. Thank you :)

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    TheTranMan wrote: »
    It's not really fixable but it aggrevates me more than it should that people can just record the cards flipping over at the beginning so they can match every single pair on their turn. So in other words, if you don't go first, you are screwed. So therefore, don't even bother playing against a stranger. Just trade wins with a friend. Thank you :)

Or they have a stupidly good memory...I mean, I have a generally good memory which is why I won my memory games with an average of at least 7 matches.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Why do they even show the cards in the beginning lol? It makes sense irl, cuz if the dude's using a camera you can tackle him, but in-game they may as well just not show them and have the "memory" part be remembering what cards have been shown so far. Even Kiko Match in Neopets doesn't show you the cards first lol.
    Retr0_
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    TheTranMan wrote: »

Or they have a stupidly good memory...I mean, I have a generally good memory which is why I won my memory games with an average of at least 7 matches.

Nah. When you see a guy clicking one card and 5-7 seconds later matching it, something is wrong.
    Best fix would be what Fennekin said. They shouldn't show the cards. It will still be a memory game.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    it's not a memory game when you have nothing to remember.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited June 2017
    Yea you can basically use snapchat or some instant replay app to cheat. Luckily that game doesnt give you coins, unless you win 30 times and get the 60 coins achievement thing
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited June 2017
    chooz wrote: »

It's not a memory game if you can win without using (your) memory, either.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    chooz wrote: »

The memory part comes from remembering which cards were picked. Just like the actual card game that I thought it was based off of lol. I remember playing it with my sister when I was a wee lad.