[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Slight grumble, just because...

SparkleeSparklee
Reactions: 2,630
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Rants and Raves
NEXON! HOW COULD YOU?!

New chairs all in normal gachapon, and you release a chair gachapon with ONE chair I've not seen in-game ever !! :(
Why can't you swap them around so the new chairs are in chair gachapon?! :(

~ One annoyed chair collector.

(I'm using this as just a joke also. Just the amount of junk I get from normal gachapon and SEVENTEEN new chairs I need to collect... RIP money...)
DreamWeaver

Comments

• QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited May 2017
    salty?
    Sparklee wrote: »
    NEXON! HOW COULD YOU?!

New chairs all in normal gachapon, and you release a chair gachapon with ONE chair I've not seen in-game ever !! :(

(I'm using this as just a joke also. Just the amount of junk I get from normal gachapon and SEVENTEEN new chairs I need to collect... RIP money...)

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    salty?
    There's a reason why this section is called "Rants and Raves".
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited June 2017
    Well, I half-read the notice and bought a load of chair gatchas thinking the chair I wanted was in them.
    It is not :(
  • BruiseBruise
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited June 2017
    Seems like an addiction/compulsion from my perspective.

If you stop collecting chairs, you may be able to save yourself some trouble.

I mean, down the line, would it matter to have collected them all?
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Okhura wrote: »
    Well, I half-read the notice and bought a load of chair gatchas thinking the chair I wanted was in them.

Oh no, Sam ! :( Although out of that collection of chair gachas, did you get the Firefly Forest Chair? If so, can I buy it?! :3
    Bruise wrote: »

YES! Chairs = love. Chairs = life.
    Whereas some players on maple, crave damage caps and all godly gear... I'm happy with chairs!
    DreamWeaver
  • BruiseBruise
    edited June 2017
    Okhura wrote: »

Oh no, Sam ! :( Although out of that collection of chair gachas, did you get the Firefly Forest Chair? If so, can I buy it?! :3

YES! Chairs = love. Chairs = life.
    Whereas some players on maple, crave damage caps and all godly gear... I'm happy with chairs!

Hmm I want to understand the feelings of chair holders.

Do chairs hold any value to you besides collecting?

Do you stare at your chairs in hopes to satiate an invisible desire?

What kind of desire is this?
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Because, why not? o.O
    There really is no "invisible desire"... I like chairs, enough said really.. :/
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

Why do they need to have a "value besides collecting"?
    Do we belittle you for your staring at big numbers on your screen in hopes to satiate an invisible desire?

Fact is, a lot of people like to collect chairs. If there wasn't a widespread interest in them, Nexon wouldn't put them in as grand rewards for events, or as a draw for people to spend real-world money on Gachapon.
    Humans are weird. Some of them enjoy one aspect of the game, some enjoy another.
    DreamWeaver
  • BruiseBruise
    edited June 2017
    Because, why not? o.O
    There really is no "invisible desire"... I like chairs, enough said really.. :/

The "why not?" in this case would be that in the initial post you seem annoyed by them adding more chairs rather than enjoying it, and also feel like you must throw money at the gachapon to have them in your collection. Thus then I ask is there a desire besides collecting because you may not have to buy the chairs to fulfill it and would be able to enjoy it.

What I'm interested is understanding the specific nature of your desire for the chairs and why you feel you must buy them. It could be visual stimulation, you could get a rush trying to get the right ones from gachapon, it could be a way to fill boredom. Of course, those are just examples and I don't really know.

AKradian wrote: »

Do we belittle you for your staring at big numbers on your screen in hopes to satiate an invisible desire?

Fact is, a lot of people like to collect chairs. If there wasn't a widespread interest in them, Nexon wouldn't put them in as grand rewards for events, or as a draw for people to spend real-world money on Gachapon.
    Humans are weird. Some of them enjoy one aspect of the game, some enjoy another.

I'm just trying to figure out the nature of the desire. Sparklee can think for sparklee-self if the desire is enough.

Don't worry, I'm helping.
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

^ That. Humans are weird. That's an explanation enough!

Also truth be told, I've never really looked deep enough into the reason why I like chairs on maple so much. I just do. You make it seems as though every action I have must have some deep connection to it.. It doesn't.
    You're just looking into it too much.
    JettLuvsUDreamWeaver
  • BruiseBruise
    edited June 2017

^ That. Humans are weird. That's an explanation enough!

Also truth be told, I've never really looked deep enough into the reason why I like chairs on maple so much. I just do. You make it seems as though every action I have must have some deep connection to it.. It doesn't.
    You're just looking into it too much.

There is always some underlying for our actions and desires. I say this because I've knowledge on some aspects of psychology and physiology. I'm no expert in the field, but the perfunctory knowledge I have leads me to believe that it is the case most of the time, and the cases where it is not would be a type of paradox.

That's one reason why I don't think it's weird. On the contrary, I believe it is normal. I wouldn't argue whether it is weird or not.

We may just not be aware of all the reasons for these things, and whether they are deep or not is perhaps not a concern. Once you learn them, it is simply one of those connections.

It's fine to me if you don't want to think about it, though. It's not too important for me on a personal level to fish out information from you, I just wanted to see if it could help you to think about -- and I also was wondering if I had the right train of thought. Though, if it's something I've never heard or thought about, it could interest me or even be important in the grand scheme of things.

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited June 2017
    Is this really the time to psychoanalyze? Or is there a reason as to why you need to know the underlying connection for Sparklee wanting to collect something? Is Maple chair collecting that much different from other forms of collection? Many collectors pay for what they like to collect.
  • BruiseBruise
    edited June 2017
    If you're interested in if there are any personal ethical principles behind why I post things, then there are.

If I can sum it up, then I disseminate information or ask questions based on potential usefulness to the person, community as a whole, or me, and I do this under the assumption that people can analyze the information and think for themselves and communicate with me in the way they want for reasons -- reasons like they want clarification or debate.

So I do believe introspection is important or potentially useful.

Things that I would consider less than useful or useless would be personal attacks or judgement that is based heavily on emotion or speculation that can't be backed up. I avoid those -- I think those are mainly said for selfish reasons. There are situations where they may be useful, but you would have to know some things about the situation or person first so it wouldn't backfire.
  • DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    NEXON! HOW COULD YOU?!

I collect chairs, too! I feel like money spent on chair gachas is well spent, because I know I'm going to love whatever I get. In fact, my setup tab is nearly filled, and I have hotkeys set for my favorite five chairs. Can't say I haven't been disappointed a few times with what I got, but that's just because I ended up with some duplicates.

As for me, the psychology behind my chair obsession is that it's instant gratification, it's fun - like a slot machine - and they're all so pretty! I'll sit here telling myself that I'm only going to buy three boxes at most, and then there's that little voice that tells me, "You have plenty of NX. One or two more can't hurt!" And then magically I don't have enough NX to revive my pets, so I charge, and here we go again, lol! Sometimes I even have to force myself to decide what's more important, actually playing the game, or rolling the dice on chairs. :D