[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon please bring back ua

AlkobyAlkoby
Reactions: 830
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
just want to understand why cant you get back ua ? why did you even remove it from the game? it is so epic simple and rewarding why cant you just bring back the quest to get the 5 periods? make it so the cygnus knight needs to be 200 now idc but just why for the love of god will you remove the one quest that got me into the game? is that so hard to just getting it back? I know I know, the game is evolving etc, but common, just bring back the quest. This is so epic and full of memories,and it's not even hurting the game, what's lv 50 today? Nothing, and that's the point,it doesn't effect the game but it effect me and many other players.

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited June 2017
    now that the KoC are full classes now (they do not have a unique level cap or level gradient) i doubt this will return as it once was, but they may release something similar in the future (though unlikely)

it was a feature/system that was removed due to the KoC being revamped into full classes a few years ago.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited June 2017
    They should just lower the drop rate on the 2nd part of the artificial UA quest that can now only have the drops be obtained from Aqua road because the alternative was Omega Sector which has since been locked off and doubtful the new omega sector will still have mobs that drop the quest item.

The only classes that benefit from being in Aqua road are bandits and hermits because their target seeking skills make it easy when you have to wait for your character to "swim" around the map.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited June 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »
    They should just lower the drop rate on the 2nd part of the artificial UA quest that can now only have the drops be obtained from Aqua road because the alternative was Omega Sector which has since been locked off and doubtful the new omega sector will still have mobs that drop the quest item.

The only classes that benefit from being in Aqua road are bandits and hermits because their target seeking skills make it easy when you have to wait for your character to "swim" around the map.

I'd rather they update it as well, because many of the mobs for those quests are higher level now, yet the quests were never adjusted. For example, some of the level 8x quests require Mu Lung mobs, which are now in the late 120s.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »

I'd rather they update it as well, because many of the mobs for those quests are higher level now, yet the quests were never adjusted. For example, some of the level 8x quests require Mu Lung mobs, which are now in the late 120s.

The skills for UA need to be update such as Eckhart's vampire, flame wall, etc.
  • AlkobyAlkoby
    edited June 2017
    I know koc got revamped and there for it was remove, but it's not like bringing it back will affect the game, and the skills aren't really op or something, but it's hella nostalgic for a lot of players, plus the little badass ball is amazing, it's a sign of respect and it's for the fun. They can get back the quest and they game will have no change.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited June 2017
    Alkoby wrote: »
    I know koc got revamped and there for it was remove, but it's not like bringing it back will affect the game, and the skills aren't really op or something, but it's hella nostalgic for a lot of players, plus the little badass ball is amazing, it's a sign of respect and it's for the fun. They can get back the quest and they game will have no change.

Flame Gears and Vampire are really OP since it gives F/P mages an extra DoT stack? I/L and Bishop both gain an extra elemental to use against ice/lightning/holy-strong enemies.

Vampire gives NL and Shadower the ability to drain HP, and I believe it's amplified with NL's Alchemy skill.
  • AlkobyAlkoby
    edited June 2017
    Alkoby wrote: »

Flame Gears and Vampire are really OP since it gives F/P mages an extra DoT stack? I/L and Bishop both gain an extra elemental to use against ice/lightning/holy-strong enemies.

Vampire gives NL and Shadower the ability to drain HP, and I believe it's amplified with NL's Alchemy skill.

That's right, and mihile soul drive imo very afective in low lvs since warrior until 4 job aren't really good.
    And shark wave and irenas wind shot are just beautiful, they looks very cool and it's very fun to use, ( irena one has like 700%+ dmg so that's a big hit)

Even tho 10 lvs aren't that a problem to lv compared to the old days, **** really boost up your dmg in helping you to get faster to end game, plus all does little orb thingy are just beautiful imo I really think they should bring back the quest. So worth it.
  • AlkobyAlkoby
    edited June 2017
    Up?
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited June 2017
    Originally, Cygnus Knights were designed to be orientation classes; allowing those unfamiliar with MapleStory to easily learn the ropes training a character up to level 120. Maplers could then start their adventures anew with more growing potential but this time without any training wheels in place.

As several others have noted, the Empress's Might questline already allows individuals to obtain exclusive skills that would have been granted when starting over a UA. If UAs were to be brought back, what would expect to be different considering our current version's game mechanics?

• AlkobyAlkoby
    edited June 2017
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Originally, Cygnus Knights were designed to be orientation classes; allowing those unfamiliar with MapleStory to easily learn the ropes training a character up to level 120. Maplers could then start their adventures anew with more growing potential but this time without any training wheels in place.

As several others have noted, the Empress's Might questline already allows individuals to obtain exclusive skills that would have been granted when starting over a UA. If UAs were to be brought back, what would expect to be different considering our current version's game mechanics?

I don't expect anything different, but if you think about it, koc already in there current state a bigginer friendly class, the quest itself let's new players a way of exploring the explorer class while simultaneously having a koc class, as does are the roots off all the characters in the game. In any case the the idea of just having the option to create a ua is drugging people to play koc and explorers at the same time, plus ua are a symbol for old time sake and memories, you see, it doesn't change how the game is, but it has is benifites, ua were always a sign of respect, and in other way, there's no possible reason to do all the empress questline (luner dew etc) on a regular explorer because the amont of time you had to put into this process compared to the rewards is just cancerous, periods were hard but no way near to does quests, so what's the point of removing the option of creating a fun awesome unique and nostalgic character from the game, but keeping the most frustrating unrewarding (compared to time investing) quest line that basically does pretty much the same thing.(except does shiny looking orb, gosh they are such an og's) it doesn't make any sense.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    UA were bugged. Because of being created at level 50 and 2nd job, they lacked things that explorers get in their first and second job advancements, such as inventory slots, HP/MP, and I think also AP and SP, at least in some cases.

There's a reason Nexon no longer does "instant high level" characters. Even when they sell level 150 character cards, you actually get a level 1 character and a potion that will level it up, one level at a time. You are also told to do your job advancement quests at the right level as you go along.

Creating a UA now with a skill that the corresponding Cygnus Knight no longer have, makes no sense.
    It also makes no sense to give Cygnus Knights a "successor" when the Cygnus Knights can level to 250 and do all content by themselves.

If all you want is the cute elemental summon, ask for it to be added as an effect (say, like the Gampser), that you might earn through a quest similar to the peridots one.
  • AlkobyAlkoby
    edited June 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    They should at least make Lunar Dews easier to find/drop more often, dood.

Yea, at least make the quests more reasonable. And it will be grate if you can get the shiny orb with the skill itself.
  • AlkobyAlkoby
    edited June 2017
    Up?