[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Some history of Old Maplestory and Pre BB

NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
Reactions: 1,240
edited June 2017 in General Chat
Based on input from the CM, I'm going to make parts of this (familiar looking) thread shorter and more to the point.
Gradually and slowly, I have accepted the rule about Old Maplestory as it is and I'm not going to try to change it anytime soon. I still think it would be better if it were removed but it is a decision for Nexon and I am good with that. Even though it wasnt the change I wanted at the time, Kthxbainao did change it a small amount and I am thankful that he did.

Why I started posting about Old Maplestory
Players who had come before defended Old MS like their lives depended on it. No matter what aspect of Old MS was being discussed (the grind, PQ's, social differences, items, exp, gear, progression, etc) they always seemed to make thoughtful threads and comments. On the other hand, people who opposed them usually did not make very persuasive arguments and tended to dog pile on without a lot of real substance. (occasionally someone could make a good point but not as often as the Old MS supporters) I think it takes real guts to stand up for not popular things and that is my story of how I got involved with Old Maplestory.

One of my favorite threads that i made was called "GO GO OLD MAPLESTORY", one which I do not remember the contents of but it had the best title ever!

Feel free to talk about anything from Old Maplestory but not about making a server. (anything but that)

Comments

• ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited June 2017
    What I loved about the old MS was how social it was. Pretty much everything required other people to play with, and playing with friends and family was a blast! Alternatively, that's what I dislike about current MS, there's so much that you can't do anymore with a party *cough*Mu Lung Dojo*cough*, when you should be able to. I can understand wanting to play alone, but not being able to play with my brothers for stuff like that kinda puts a damper on things.
    JettLuvsU
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I remember from pre big bang when bishops were like one of the top classes because Genesis had no cooldown and you were able to KS people and be OP.
    I also miss Monster carnival though.

Also guys do you remember that free hairstyle ticket that gave you that kinda bald head with loose hairstrings.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Also guys do you remember that free hairstyle ticket that gave you that kinda bald head with loose hairstrings.

I don't remember specific hairstyles but I remember Claudia's Coupon (EXP Hair) from that low level quest which traumatized me at the end for the hair I got. This was until I got it fixed with a Hair Style Coupon (VIP).
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I knew people that would keep remaking their char til they got Antagonist lol. I'd personally just stick with whatever it gave me (which usually was that hobo looking style - bald spot I think? there was also the pumpkin head lol) Fireball also looked okay.
  • RavyravenRavyraven
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2017
    I do miss the social part.
    Nowdays when i try to talk to people, they just seem to ignore it no matter what.

Also miss the traveling between cities in Victoria
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited June 2017
    Ravyraven wrote: »
    I do miss the social part.
    Nowdays when i try to talk to people, they just seem to ignore it no matter what.

Also miss the traveling between cities in Victoria

Oh yeah, that reminds me of how much I miss traveling from Victoria to Orbis on the ship. It's not the same without people to fight those Balrogs with, or to stay in the cabin sitting on our chairs.