[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Resistance Thief Class

Comments

• StarshadowStarshadow
    Reactions: 710
    edited June 2017
    thrakkes wrote: »

You should try Princess No questline so you can play Kanna, Hayato and Ayame class.

@Petalmagic I dont remember Francis being a nice guy in Black Heaven.

I don't know about Black Heaven, but he's a crybaby in the Phantom questline.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited June 2017
    Starshadow wrote: »

Didn't it used to say they don't train thieves as well as warriors, before the blaster update? Text events can easily be changed, it doesn't mean much as far as I can tell?

Resistance Thief could maybe come out, but I don't have high hopes. But certainly a higher chance than Ayame.

You should try Princess No questline so you can play Kanna, Hayato and Ayame class.

I have, that still doesn't change what I said. They're not going to create an Ayame class considering the new common skill has Ayame as a summon, and there's no way they're going to put in extra effort to fix it.
    Starshadow
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited June 2017
    I think they can do a thief Resistence, but it certanly won't be a pupeter, thiefs are swifts and with a suprising attack that you wouldn't expect, a Puppeter is actually the oposite, very slow and hardly moves since he uses others to help him in battle, similar to Bear mode in Beast Tammer, but better.

A puppeter would be better as a magican, maybe a style of outside of any group(like Jett, Bt and Zero), or in the Nova branch, since they are so unique seens more possible there, you havily uses Francis model who should be a magican.

Resistences use mechanical equipments to help em in battle, things that aren't dependent on spirit, magic or similar(like the explorer magican), it's cientific and something anyone could use.
    Starshadow
  • StarshadowStarshadow
    edited June 2017
    Ivangold wrote: »
    I think they can do a thief Resistence, but it certanly won't be a pupeter, thiefs are swifts and with a suprising attack that you wouldn't expect, a Puppeter is actually the oposite, very slow and hardly moves since he uses others to help him in battle, similar to Bear mode in Beast Tammer, but better.

A puppeter would be better as a magican, maybe a style of outside of any group(like Jett, Bt and Zero), or in the Nova branch, since they are so unique seens more possible there, you havily uses Francis model who should be a magican.

Resistences use mechanical equipments to help em in battle, things that aren't dependent on spirit, magic or similar(like the explorer magican), it's cientific and something anyone could use.

I was thinking the puppeteer class could control mobs, "stealing" their consciousness, if you will. And if they attack with their strings, I think that would be a pretty quick attack speed. As for the Resistance theme of scientific alternatives... What about wild hunter or battle mage? It seems somewhat inconsistent.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited June 2017

I was thinking the puppeteer class could control mobs, "stealing" their consciousness, if you will. And if they attack with their strings, I think that would be a pretty quick attack speed. As for the Resistance theme of scientific alternatives... What about wild hunter or battle mage? It seems somewhat inconsistent.

I need to look carefully at Battle Mage skill animations except the character itself when looking at some screenshots, but as for WH it's obvious to see some mechanical effect skills, like the jaguar monture, turret skill on 3rd job and giant missile on 4th job. Also it's Lv170 hyper skill on bossing mode I think. I have a Lv176 WH, so I can look after maintenance, stopped playing it for a while.

But I find some pictures of Battlemage and the skills since their major revamp.

Original artwork:
    http://maplestory.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Mage
    150?cb=20120619121903
    173?cb=20150320054154

And some of his skill skins:
    battlemage_maplestory_by_icyruios-d4p1c0u.jpg
    Starshadow
  • StarshadowStarshadow
    edited June 2017

I need to look carefully at Battle Mage skill animations except the character itself when looking at some screenshots, but as for WH it's obvious to see some mechanical effect skills, like the jaguar monture, turret skill on 3rd job and giant missile on 4th job. Also it's Lv170 hyper skill on bossing mode I think. I have a Lv176 WH, so I can look after maintenance, stopped playing it for a while.

But I find some pictures of Battlemage and the skills since their major revamp.

Original artwork:
    http://maplestory.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Mage

And some of his skill skins:
    I think it falls under the caategory of "steampunk" rather than "mechanical", imo. I think that could be easily incorporated into a puppeteer class. And it's just an idea, so if you have any improvements to add to the idea, I'm open to critique and suggestions.

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    Id say something to do with gears or something similar to Rikku from FFX and FFX-2, the al bhed are somewhat steam punk and rikku looks like a thief class. Itd fit with Claudine being a doctor since alchemy can be used to heal and attack, and rikku uses alchemy/chemistry to mix items to use to either attack or heal.
    Starshadow
  • StarshadowStarshadow
    edited June 2017
    Id say something to do with gears or something similar to Rikku from FFX and FFX-2, the al bhed are somewhat steam punk and rikku looks like a thief class. Itd fit with Claudine being a doctor since alchemy can be used to heal and attack, and rikku uses alchemy/chemistry to mix items to use to either attack or heal.

Added.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited June 2017
    Imagine if Phantom was a resistance thief this whole time, who also happened to be a hero, worked for the resistance to gain intel from the cygnus knights while also having in mind to steal the jewel but falls in love with Empress Aria and because of it get's booted from the resistance for being in love with the then-called enemy... The perfect Maplestory Romeo and Juliet story!
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited June 2017
    Claudine, I believe, has a knife and a whip. I think it would be cool to get something like that.
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited June 2017
    I agree with @ChingTheMonkey - Claudine is a butter knife user. :^)
    latest?cb=20110401092733
  • StarshadowStarshadow
    edited June 2017
    Klara wrote: »
    I agree with @ChingTheMonkey - Claudine is a butter knife user. :^)
    latest?cb=20110401092733

This has been confirmed to be the knife Xenon gives to her as a child :P I don't think she's a 'butter knife user', per se.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited June 2017
    Xenon counts as a Resistance thief
    Starshadow
  • StarshadowStarshadow
    edited June 2017
    July wrote: »
    Xenon counts as a Resistance thief

It's a standalone thief-pirate hybrid class. By that reasoning, the mechanic shouldn't exist, lol. Instead of trying to shut me down, why not post some suggestions for a resistance thief? ^w^
  • StarshadowStarshadow
    edited June 2017
    Guys, the new Nova thief in KMST uses a whip-like chain, so a resistance thief wouldn't do the same. :o
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited June 2017
    Guys, the new Nova thief in KMST uses a whip, so a resistance thief wouldn't do the same. :o

Wait so the Nova class gets a new thief job when the Sengoku guys don't? That's stupid, they have a perfect basis for one with ninjas and everything.
    I still think they could do something with both the whip and the knife though. I don't know, the Resistance seems pretty technology based, maybe they could be something like Batman.
    Starshadow
  • NEWCLASS_2015NEWCLASS_2015
    Reactions: 240
    edited June 2017
    Let's go puppeteer class nexon please make it happen!!
    PetalmagicStarshadow
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited June 2017
    If we are sticking to a steampunk theme and Edelstein's gear-shaped logo, one idea for a thief could be to use cog shaped bladed yo-yos to swing at enemies using complex tricks (i.e "walk the dog", "gravity pull", "around the world").

If we were to based a class of off Claudine, her whip and trickery disguises are more akin to a "Rakshasa"; Shiftshaping demons who are able to confuse and manipulate foes (like a puppeteer). Not quite sure how that would fit in with the whole steampunk Victorian era though.
    StarshadowKlaraPhantomMasterThief
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited June 2017
    Guys, the new Nova thief in KMST uses a whip, so a resistance thief wouldn't do the same. :o

Wait so the Nova class gets a new thief job when the Sengoku guys don't? That's stupid, they have a perfect basis for one with ninjas and everything.
    I still think they could do something with both the whip and the knife though. I don't know, the Resistance seems pretty technology based, maybe they could be something like Batman.

Nova is KMS content, Sengoku is JMS content, course nova gets one before JMS , It's also pretty badass looking.
  • NEWCLASS_2015NEWCLASS_2015
    Reactions: 240
    edited June 2017
    So we gonna ignore the idea for puppeteer class which is much cooler than the lame new class at kms
    StarshadowPetalmagic