[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Must underplayed class

xEverlastingxEverlasting
Reactions: 400
edited June 2017 in General Chat
Hii all :)
I wanted to know what the most underplayed class is in Maplestory and why?
Because I want to make a Dawn Warrior or Demon Slayer ( still doubting ) but I rarely see one...
Is that correct?

So what are the most underplayed classes and why?

Ciao

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Mihile is one I NEVER see...or Jett. I haven't personally played them much myself...been working on more important links/union cards.
  • AntroxiousAntroxious
    Reactions: 870
    edited June 2017
    Dawn Warriors are fun to play, but you'll need a pretty good ping to get the sun/moon combo going. I myself play on NA and live in the EU, resulting in instead of cycling, he spams the same skill a few times, keep that in mind. As for most underplayed classes, I'd say Mihile, Jett and Beast Tamer. I don't know the general reason, but I guess for the latter two it's damage.
  • RavyravenRavyraven
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2017
    I was a beast tamer until recently, havent seen that many around.

Im usually not the one who cares about highest DPS, but i felt like i got weak once i hit 150. Take way too mutch dmg compared to my own dmg. Could probably fix it by scrolling or something
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    Paladin, Mihile, Jett, Fire/poison mages and shades dont really see much play outside of character cards or links (shade)
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Ravyraven wrote: »
    I was a beast tamer until recently, havent seen that many around.

Im usually not the one who cares about highest DPS, but i felt like i got weak once i hit 150. Take way too mutch dmg compared to my own dmg. Could probably fix it by scrolling or something

Upgrading equipment is usually a good idea against most normal monsters or where calculations are not based solely off percent damage.

I've compared between my main DB and a new DB I just rushed to Level 200. I've also compared and got the exact same results with a main Shadower VS a Shadower that rushed to Level 200.

There is a significant difference to being poorly-equipped versus being properly-equipped. It's not just damage but higher survivability in terms of more hp or defense against normal monsters or where calculations are not based solely off percent damage.
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited June 2017
    In Reboot, I often see Demon Slayers, but not much of Dawn Warriors. I do know some of them though. To play DW you really need good ping to the servers though.

I think the most uncommon these days are Mihile, Mercedes, Jett, and Beast Tamer. In Reboot, I, with a few other Mercedes main always talk about how us Mercs gotta help each other out :P.

Mercs and Beast Tamers are generally created for only their Link Skills. People who play Jett these days are either doing it for Union (Legion), link, or they actually main it (rare). As for Mihile, I see them once in a blue moon in general.
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited June 2017
    I currently play mihile and it is becoming more popular in reboot. One class you'll never see is a shade and f/p mage. I see quite a bit of dawn warriors and there are so maany demon slayers. Some people try to make a jett just for luls. You'll see several of them and people saying theyre going to main and be the best jett but quit a week later.
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited June 2017
    I see Jett's every now and then, and I've seen one or two Beast Tamers, but I've never seen a Mihile.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited June 2017
    Most underplayed classes would be Jett, Mihile, Corsair, Buccaneer and Mechanic.
    Notice that 4 of the 5 classes are Pirates. No idea why, but pirates don't seem to be very popular.
    Mihile always felt like a useless class to me after the big Cygnus revamp.
    I always had the idea Nexon intended to make a class out of every Cygnus Captain to provide a "better" and unrestricted version of the Cygnus Knights who back then were capped at lv120. They instead revamped the Cygnus Knights and removed their level restrictions, kinda leaving Mihile behind as an unfinished project.
    Who knows, maybe we'll one day get the other Captains as playable classes with skills similar to those of the old Cygnus Knights. That'd be fun.
  • SwordofShieldsSwordofShields
    Reactions: 745
    edited June 2017
    When they revamped him into some kind of sick twisted mishmash of a Paladin and a Hero they actually gave Mihile some damage, but man was Royal Guard a mistake. Good luck getting Mihile's main damage buff up in GMS's chronically horrible servers. He kinda fell off the high spot he had on the DPS chart when people realized having Royal Guard buff at max all the time was impractical in most cases. Still see it around because a lot of 0 stance classes really need his link.

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I dont see any angelic busters or jetts.

Angelic buster is a pretty strong class, welp people seem not to like the pink

We know all why nobody plays jett...
  • xEverlastingxEverlasting
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2017

Why is Jett so bad? They seem fun
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017

They have basically dead damage...and not even worth trying to compare to other classes. That's what i have gotten anyway.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

Jett never got buffed or nerfed.
  • DoughDough
    Reactions: 1,965
    edited June 2017
    Zero Because most people are in reboot... and reboot has "Zero".......
    ChingTheMonkey
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited June 2017
    Paladin specially with the nerfs that happened this update and zeros because all of them are getting deleted because of an error on their part that allowed them to be made in the first place.