[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ranmaru Lobby Allow Familiars to stay summoned

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited February 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Ever since release, familiars automatically get deactivated at "El Nath: Alter Secret Path".

It's quite an annoyance having to re-summon or use another familiar due to it being automatically deactivated upon entering the map right before entering Ranmaru.

Familiars should be allowed to stay summoned at "El Nath: Alter Secret Path".
  1. Should familiars should be allowed to stay summoned at "El Nath: Alter Secret Path"?26 votes
    1. Yes.
       100% (26 votes)
    2. No.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited February 2017
    This would be helpfull, sometimes they have some fatigue, and you need wait they to recover it, which is annoying and time consuming.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited February 2017
    Yes, please...but personally, I'm more concerned with whether or not some asshat is AFKing in the fight room. I'd like to not have to.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    QOL change, would be nice.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited June 2017
    Bump.

Although this is something minor, I believe we need this change.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited June 2017
    There is 3 Ranmaru runs per day (2 normal, 1 madman) and i need to change channel before going each run to be able to use the same familiar that i want..
    so yea, this change would make our daily routine better.

BUT...

KMS doesn't have Familiars therefore we will never get this "better maple" change.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    July wrote: »
    There is 3 Ranmaru runs per day (2 normal, 1 madman) and i need to change channel before going each run to be able to use the same familiar that i want..
    so yea, this change would make our daily routine better.

BUT...

KMS doesn't have Familiars therefore we will never get this "better maple" change.

KMS doesn't have Ranmaru either.
    And we did get a very important Ranmaru "better maple" change, when they made it possible to fight him on all channels, rather than just 3.

I agree that familiars should stay summoned in the lobby map. This fix probably involves changing just one line of map.wz.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • TwinrovaTwinrova
    Reactions: 1,130
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Familiars staying summoned in Ranmaru is just an extension of a bigger problem. The bigger problem is that familiars will disappear when changing channels, and the way Ranmaru is designed is to pull you to a different (private, I believe) channel upon entering.

There are two options:

1) Change familiars to not disappear upon changing channel

2) Change Ranmaru to not pull you to a different channel
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited June 2017
    Twinrova wrote: »
    Familiars staying summoned in Ranmaru is just an extension of a bigger problem. The bigger problem is that familiars will disappear when changing channels, and the way Ranmaru is designed is to pull you to a different (private, I believe) channel upon entering.

There are two options:

1) Change familiars to not disappear upon changing channel

2) Change Ranmaru to not pull you to a different channel

I don't remember Ranmaru being a private/instanced channel, and I run him on a daily basis. When you enter the Ranmaru boss fight you'll remain in the same channel and other players will not be able to enter until you leave.

The only time your familiar will be un-summoned is when you're queuing in (which generally makes people changes channels), changing channels, or at the Ranmaru lobby where the map doesn't like familiars out.

The first suggestion you've made is a double-edge sword. Changing Channels is a nice way to instantly recover a familiars vitality. Getting rid of that will almost be equal to as the debate with "legacy bug-fix" to Kishin Shoukan.

The second suggestion you've made is asking an entire overhaul of the Boss Queue system. That's a bit much because a majority of the time match-ups will most likely be in different channels. The only exception is when a party of 2 or more are queued in on their own, they're forced to be in the same channel before they can begin to queue.
  • TwinrovaTwinrova
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

The first suggestion you've made is a double-edge sword. Changing Channels is a nice way to instantly recover a familiars vitality. Getting rid of that will almost be equal to as the debate with "legacy bug-fix" to Kishin Shoukan.

Yes, it is a double-edged sword, but I would rather have the game mechanics work as they were intended to work in exchange for a helpful QOL change. Changing channels is one of the most frustrating parts of using the familiar system.

The second suggestion you've made is asking an entire overhaul of the Boss Queue system. That's a bit much because a majority of the time match-ups will most likely be in different channels. The only exception is when a party of 2 or more are queued in on their own, they're forced to be in the same channel before they can begin to queue.

To that I wasn't referring at all to the Boss Queue system, I was referring to the normal entry through the El Nath NPC. Because of the restriction of entry per channel, I almost never queue into Ranmaru, so my experiences are based on talking to the NPC. I will mention though that it would be a lot better to implement the first suggestion than this one, I just included it to showcase all of the different options primarily.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Twinrova wrote: »
    To that I wasn't referring at all to the Boss Queue system, I was referring to the normal entry through the El Nath NPC. Because of the restriction of entry per channel, I almost never queue into Ranmaru, so my experiences are based on talking to the NPC. I will mention though that it would be a lot better to implement the first suggestion than this one, I just included it to showcase all of the different options primarily.

When you enter by talking to the NPC in Dead Mine III, you never change channel, even to an "instance". If you did, your Android would say "You must be my boss *giggle*". And it doesn't.
  • TwinrovaTwinrova
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

When you enter by talking to the NPC in Dead Mine III, you never change channel, even to an "instance". If you did, your Android would say "You must be my boss *giggle*". And it doesn't.

Doesn't help that I have my in-game sound disabled lol