[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

AND here we go again

Comments

• AlmostEasyAlmostEasy
    Reactions: 815
    edited June 2017
    ~Sigh, what do we expect of nexon, this always happens
    Lilyflower
  • NishijimaNishijima
    Reactions: 1,010
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    If we don't get compensation for having three practically consecutive unscheduled maintenances in a row, i'll be very surprised and somewhat upset.

At the same time, though, all I want is to just play the game peacefully.

The compensation is never worth it, so look forward to your 15 min 2x xp coupons that expire in 16 minutes
    GMSDillonSuperPikaBrosLilyflower
  • GMSDillonGMSDillon
    Reactions: 480
    edited June 2017
    And you wonder why you losing players faster than you can gain them. Why pay a company that can't get their stuff together after 12yrs. Just ridiculous, these standards for a company as big as you are shouldn't be acceptable.
    DragooooooooonLilyflower
  • YuuikoYuuiko
    Reactions: 1,130
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    servers still down?
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited June 2017
    Yuuiko wrote: »
    servers still down?

Yep, if you take a look at the main page you'll get all the info you'll need... Except when the maint actually ends.
    Dragooooooooon
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Nishijima wrote: »
    If we don't get compensation for having three practically consecutive unscheduled maintenances in a row, i'll be very surprised and somewhat upset.

The compensation is never worth it, so look forward to your 15 min 2x xp coupons that expire in 16 minutes

That moment when they give Power Elixirs as compensation again.
    DragooooooooonLilyflower
  • IKizaruIIKizaruI
    Reactions: 530
    edited June 2017

That moment when they give Power Elixirs as compensation again.

Psssh or we are rewarded a 3 stack of hyper stones that are unshakable and all seem to expire at the same time.
    Dragooooooooon
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Uhhhhhhh so maybe raise your hiring standards nexon, hows that sound huh?

Maybe add "Must have half a brain" as a requisite to join the almighty Nexon staff. Sound good there bud?

You can make your complaints without being rude, please.
    If you want to complain about maintenance, do so without questioning people's intelligence, thank you.
    DaisukeHaruto
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited June 2017
    why we not getting this quote anymore?

"The release of this update has not been up to the quality standards that we aim to deliver to all of you, and we are not taking this lightly. Our goal is, and has always been, to provide you with an enjoyable experience with the release of every update, and not be burdened with technical issues"

I guess the new standards are releasing patches with lots of bugs, and let players to find it and report it.. than go to unscheduled maintenance in every single day.

They even stopped try to compensate the players.
    ZeroBluxDragooooooooon
  • YuuikoYuuiko
    Reactions: 1,130
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Uhhhhhhh so maybe raise your hiring standards nexon, hows that sound huh?

Maybe add "Must have half a brain" as a requisite to join the almighty Nexon staff. Sound good there bud?

You can make your complaints without being rude, please.
    If you want to complain about maintenance, do so without questioning people's intelligence, thank you.

WHERE ARE MY COMPENSATORY ELIXIRS
    Dragooooooooon
  • IKizaruIIKizaruI
    Reactions: 530
    edited June 2017
    July wrote: »

"The release of this update has not been up to the quality standards that we aim to deliver to all of you, and we are not taking this lightly. Our goal is, and has always been, to provide you with an enjoyable experience with the release of every update, and not be burdened with technical issues"

I guess the new standards are releasing patches with lots of bugs, and let players to find it and report it.. than go to unscheduled maintenance in every single day.

Actually not to back Nexon up or anything but their context is in fact there:

"Cash items in your inventory have been extended to cover the amount of time the game was unavailable, plus an additional 24 hours as compensation for the downtime. Please log out of the Nexon Launcher and then back in before you play the game. Additional compensation for the server instability, issues with content and events, and multiple unscheduled maintenances will be provided in a future maintenance."

So compensation is in the plans. Or at least in reporting on it.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited June 2017
    IKizaruI wrote: »
    July wrote: »

Actually not to back Nexon up or anything but their context is in fact there:

"Cash items in your inventory have been extended to cover the amount of time the game was unavailable, plus an additional 24 hours as compensation for the downtime. Please log out of the Nexon Launcher and then back in before you play the game. Additional compensation for the server instability, issues with content and events, and multiple unscheduled maintenances will be provided in a future maintenance."

So compensation is in the plans. Or at least in reporting on it.

*claps*
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited June 2017
    Anyone else getting "you're already logged in" or "this ID is already logged in" bug when you select channels? (Reboot)
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited June 2017
    Hakufu wrote: »
    Anyone else getting "you're already logged in" or "this ID is already logged in" bug when you select channels? (Reboot)

yep. Looks like I get to miss 2x exp....
  • MidnightLouieMidnightLouie
    Reactions: 550
    edited June 2017
    I AM DONE.

NO MORE MAPLESTORY.

I MEAN IT FOR GOOD.

The launcher is totally busted to hell and back. I can't log onto my characters because when I try to log on, the game doesn't load in, it is like I never pressed Start. The loading into the game doesn't happen.

I have more important things to do, I have to go platinum FFXIV, a much better MMO. And I have many games to platinum before I die of old age. I don't have any more time to play this game.

And it's a shame too, as I was just about to get my Evan main to Level 90... :(

Farewell, I have deleted my launcher and will find a way to uninstall the Nexon folder from my hard drive. I hope that in a year, Nexon will fix this s**t because they've lost a loyal player. X(
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2017
    Yep, seems like the band-aid approach has not worked and instead, things are hemorrhaging at every turn.
    Kevin0211CaptainStriker
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited June 2017
    Sigh* Idk if this game will survive with all the problems and issues :/.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited June 2017
    If you get the already logged in.. Open task manager and force close all the nexon things and try again or find it in hidden Icons and exit there
  • JoannaNLJoannaNL
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited June 2017
    Instead of moaning you can also see it form a positive perspective ; Maintenance is just a simple word for improving the gameplay. Developers are working to make the gameplay even more joyful for the MapleStory players. In those hours you have the time to do something else, think about playing a different game or do something in your real life. I suggest doing something with your real life since that's healthier than staring at your screen. Anyway, if there would have been maintenance everyday i could've understood the moaning, but moaning for just a 5 hour maintenance? No.
    If you really want to stay in the MapleStory environment, even when there's maintenance, you can just go post on the forum.
    JettLuvsU
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited June 2017
    Well I just spent the past 2 and half hours training in the lag -- 28% exp, 3 lach symbols and 21 nodestone when the USC banner appeared. Shortly after, a smega popped up about rollback rumors.

I don't mind maintenance, scheduled or not, because it means they're fixing something but if a rollback does happen and the stuff I worked for disappear, i WILL complain.