[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Do you enjoy the Jett revamp?

SlatymateSlatymate
Reactions: 2,150
edited June 2017 in General Chat
Hello everyone,

It has been a week since we got the Jett revamp. Do you like the Jett revamp so far? Do you have any concern about it? Feel free to express your opinion on this topic. I have a high level Jett of my own, but I am curious about what the community thinks of the new Jett revamp.

Comments

• HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited June 2017
    I have a feeling that even though Jett really benefited from this, it will be nerfed. Jett gets good> they're too good and people complain> incoming cd on their skill>people complain and quit playing it>Jett is back to extinct class.
    DarkPassengerLairPermadarik
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
  • SilvaSilva
    Reactions: 1,085
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I absolutely love the Jett revamp, but I'm scared that they will nerf Jett real soon in the future update, so I am currently trying to level it up before that happens >.<
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I'd like a good Space Walk again...
    JettLuvsUKingReesesPuffSparkzemperor52Albinorock
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited June 2017
    I like how his bossing is better, i do agree his new Flash Jump is crap was better before.
    JettLuvsU
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited June 2017
    Haven't played the class yet, but for the whole Starfall situation, people have been defending it a bit, because apparently it "makes the class relevant" or because Jett is sadly a weak class and it "needed" it.
    But that doesn't change that the skill is a 0 second cd full map attack. Of course it's unbalanced. There's far better ways to improve the class than that.
    JettLuvsU
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited June 2017
    I think the "new" and improved jett is great! It seems to sometimes be better/worse than corsair at times at bossing, but is on par with demon slayers and luminous when it comes to grinding.

There are a few concerns I have about their nodes now, though. Like, how I think (pretty sure it's true) Starline 1 node also works for the other starline skills, since even with 56% final damage starline 4 does more damage per line than starline 1, as well as the other 2 combos. But that's nice if it's all merged, because some skills of other classes are merged into 1 node as well. Starfall enhancement nodes don't exist, so even if their ult has 0 cooldown now, it can't get any stronger with nodes. I also think Starforce Salvo's node should also apply to Strikeforce Showdown, but I guess that's why it gives 3% final damage per level rather than 2% like other 4th job skills.

They should also raise max level of one of their 20 sp 4th job skills; invincibility seems like it should have a max level of 30, since level 20 gives 11% damage (an odd number), and would seem to be 15% if the skill was raised to 30. Also I'd guess around 50% max HP, 35% defense, 25-30% status resistance points and elemental resistance.

I really hope that their skills can be increased beyond max level with combat orders though... I hated that before there were a lot of skills that weren't coded to exceed max level when practically all other kms class skills could. There were some reasonable caps though, like for Power Stance where max level gave 100% stance, was no purpose to exceed the max level.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited June 2017
    It's so good, i really enjoyed training my Jett from 10 to 200! it do makes thinks of maining one, but i know this will get nerfed.
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    There are only two things that bother me about the changes:
    - Space Walk's decreased range.
    - Starfall's 0 second cooldown.

I enjoy everything else about the change.
    I'm seriously bummed about the Space Walk though. I hope it gets better...
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2017

Bossing is nuts
  • SparkzSparkz
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited June 2017
    Do I enjoy the Jett revamp? No.

Pro:
    • 4th job mobbing improved with 0 second cd Starfall. It's not an overpowered full map attack that people make it out to be and you still have to maneuver around training grounds because most maps are larger than Starfall's range. Starfall's range is smaller than it seems (it also cannot be jump casted) and its damage hit box on the top part of the animation is still inconsistent, meaning it won't hit upper platform monsters even though it looks like it should. For those who think Starfall shouldn't have a 0 second cd clearly have not leveled a Jett pre-buff. Having any sort of reliable mobbing skill is long overdue for Jett.

Cons:
    • Space Walk (flash jump) nerfed. It's no longer fun to use Space Walk after the nerf.
    • Strikeforce Showdown remains unchanged. 2% activation chance is laughable.
    • Seasoned Hunter's speed max value decreased. No more 180 move speed.
    • Hero's Will: Skill has been disabled. <- Why?
    • Jett still has leftover skill points in 4th job after maxing every skill.

My concern is that this revamp failed to wholly fix what makes Jett a lackluster class. Although Jett received plentiful stat and damage boosts to many of her skills, it feels superficial because on paper Jett seems to have gotten a lot stronger but in actuality only two of those changes are noticeable in-game: Starfall's 0 second cooldown and Jett's nerfed mobility.

My proposed revamp:
    • Keep all the positive changes in Override's Jett revamp.
    • Revert Space Walk and Seasoned Hunter nerfs.
    • Significantly increase the activation chance of Strikeforce Showdown.
    • Give Singularity Shock an invincibility frame during its cast delay.
    • Give Starforce Salvo 20% boss damage and 20% ied.
    • Reduce cast delay between inputting two up-diagonal Vortex Cross commands.
    • Improve the consistency of Starfall's top area hitbox by slightly increasing the range towards the top side.
    • Allow the ability to jump cast Starfall.
    • Allow Jetts to equip 'Common' job equipment.
    • Separate basic attacks from Starline skills.
    • Increase the duration of buffs.
    • Remove extra skill points.
    PetalmagicArgentscholar624foussiremix
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Sparkz wrote: »

Pro:
    • 4th job mobbing improved with 0 second cd Starfall. It's not an overpowered full map attack that people make it out to be and you still have to maneuver around training grounds because most maps are larger than Starfall's range. Starfall's range is smaller than it seems (it also cannot be jump casted) and its damage hit box on the top part of the animation is still inconsistent, meaning it won't hit upper platform monsters even though it looks like it should. For those who think Starfall shouldn't have a 0 second cd clearly have not leveled a Jett pre-buff. Having any sort of reliable mobbing skill is long overdue for Jett.

Cons:
    • Space Walk (flash jump) nerfed. It's no longer fun to use Space Walk after the nerf.

My concern is that this revamp failed to wholly fix what makes Jett a lackluster class. Although Jett received plentiful stat and damage boosts to many of her skills, it feels superficial because on paper Jett seems to have gotten a lot stronger but in actuality only two of those changes are noticeable in-game: Starfall's 0 second cooldown and Jett's nerfed mobility.

My proposed revamp:
    • Improve the consistency of Starfall's top area hitbox by slightly increasing the range towards the top side.

This is well thought-out. The Jump bugs me really bad as a 2nd job jett...but I can't wait for 4th job. I do agree that Starfall is really not that OP...it has a smaller range compared to Kanna's Full Map attacks, and honestly...Jett only damages well if you actually gear it (like my friend who I trained with) and its still weak overall, even WITH Starfall on no CD.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Strikeforce Showdown remains unchanged. 2% activation chance is laughable.
    Significantly increase the activation chance of Strikeforce Showdown.

I just checked my old Zenith Jett, and... it says Strikeforce Showdown, at max level, has an activation chance of 10%.
    Are... we reading different sources? Is it different for some reason?
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I think Jetts are awesome the way they are now. I hope they stay how they are
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited June 2017

Pro:

Cons:

My proposed revamp:

I think you did miss a lot of Jett changes.

If I go through your cons list:
    • Space Walk: I agree
    • Strikeforce Showdown went 2% activation chance of 10 lines 355% to 10% activation chance of 10 lines 420%. This is great.
    • Seasoned Hunter's speed max value is the same as before. Maybe you are lacking of speed equipment or hyper stats.
    • Hero's Will: Removed because other regions didn't have it and we basically got their skill version.
    • Jett leftover skill points isn't a big deal, but it has been reported as a bug.

So I only retain the Space Walk nerf and Hero's Will removal in your list.
    This is the speed stat from my Jett 14900fab25.png
  • SpiritSpirit
    Reactions: 1,365
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    The only thing I don't like about it so far is that Jetts come and steal my maps with the FMA... Once they start spamming it on me, I'm basically forced to leave.
    JettLuvsU
  • AmaneBlackAmaneBlack
    Reactions: 415
    edited July 2017
    Well it's been announced that Jett's FMA is getting a cooldown very soon so no more worrying about that
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    AmaneBlack wrote: »
    Well it's been announced that Jett's FMA is getting a cooldown very soon so no more worrying about that

A pathetic decision if you ask me. It's not the only class with a spammable full map attack....
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    A pathetic decision if you ask me. It's not the only class with a spammable full map attack....

It's not a pathetic decision. They listened to feedback and reacted based on that.
    Jett having 0 cd on Starfall just didn't fit well with GMS.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017

It's not a pathetic decision. They listened to feedback and reacted based on that.
    Jett having 0 cd on Starfall just didn't fit well with GMS.

Jett was still really weak with Starfall on no CD...Its sad cuz I actually wanted to TRY and play Jett for once. Without Starfall CD...Jetts just gonna go dead again.