[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

3 reasons to not nerf Jett.

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
Reactions: 8,980
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
#1. Jetts only get skills that raise % hp not mp so on average 3 starfalls drain the mp.
(this would make the potion to skill use balanced or proportional)

#2. having no cooldown on starfall doesnt change the state of the game, it would only be from the 120-140s, and those levels have alternate maps to train in.
(this means that it isnt a matter of starfall being fair but more of a request to nerf (from others) for convenience)

#3. Jetts need a mobbing attack that hits hard as back up beatdown seems clumsy
(in order for starfall to be seen as a target to change, back up beatdown needs to be reworked), make it a skill like mille aguille in which it lasts until you let go of the button
or a skill like eight legged easton, which goes back to suborbital bombardier. instead of the rapid movements of Jetts back up, it can be that (like the little octopus corsairs summon to shoot eight legged easton, Jetts back up shoots their Space Guns at the mobs rapidly. So it is spam-able, then a cooldown on starfall may seem more viable.

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I disagree with #2. I used Starfall exclusively to get my jett to 200, not just between 120-140. It's viable in all maps, and especially insane in FES2. Probably extremely good in Rev3 too if we're talking endgame training.
    Having no cooldown on a 1420% full map attack is not balanced. It's really fun, and was the easiest level 200 of my life, but it's not balanced.

To make it reasonable compared to other classes' main mobbing skills I would decrease the damage % on the skill and/or decrease the range of it, if we want to keep it no-CD.
    Even a 5-10 second cooldown on Starfall would make you at least use Starline Four and Planet Buster more often when training. Seems like a healthier playstyle than standing in one spot spamming an ultimate-type skill.
    xOtaku
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    edited June 2017
    120-140 are the maps that seem to be complained about when "dealing" with jetts.

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    @DarkPassenger That's because a lot of people are currently leveling characters in those ranges for union and the breakthrough event. You'll see people talk about Kerning Tower and Future Perion soon enough.

Edit:
    This being with just over 200k range buffed at FES2.

More busted than old Lumi's reflection.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited June 2017
    What I would do is switch the functions of Planet Buster and Backup Beatdown; Planet Buster would be a bit weaker than it is now, but it will have no cooldown and be spammable, while Backup Beatdown would be much stronger (maybe working like a tornado a la Phantom's Tempest), and have a cooldown. And on top of that, fix Starfall to have a cooldown, but give some kind of benefit for using it or an on-cooldown effect, like extra damage or reducing a skill's cooldown or something.
    edited June 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    @DarkPassenger That's because a lot of people are currently leveling characters in those ranges for union and the breakthrough event. You'll see people talk about Kerning Tower and Future Perion soon enough.

Thats how maplestory works, after the event, everyone will go back to their domain. Just a Jett Hype.
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    What I would do is switch the functions of Planet Buster and Backup Beatdown; Planet Buster would be a bit weaker than it is now, but it will have no cooldown and be spammable, while Backup Beatdown would be much stronger (maybe working like a tornado a la Phantom's Tempest), and have a cooldown. And on top of that, fix Starfall to have a cooldown, but give some kind of benefit for using it or an on-cooldown effect, like extra damage or reducing a skill's cooldown or something.

Sounds plausible.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited June 2017
    If they add a cooldown back, they should give it a cooldown passive like the other pirates and mage classes got.

Like, boost Strikeforce's likelyhood of proc-ing to 50% during the cooldown duration because Jett's bossing (hold-down starforce salvo + 170 hyper when cooldown is off) is weaker than my Corsair's bossing (using same gear, only difference is the secondary being unique potential on corsair and epic on jett)

And maybe, i dunno, powerup backup beatdown's hold down damage to match the final attack's damage as well as remove the movement speed cap + add ability to double jump on the skill while Starfall is on cooldown for half the cooldown time as well.

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Jetts are fine -cough-
    DarkPassenger
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    There are other options than adding a cooldown.

For example it might make sense to give starfall the old long cast time if it's going to have no cooldown.
    edited June 2017
    why cant people just enjoy Jett right now, the hype will die down soon enough.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited June 2017
    Only thing OP about Jett atm is the Starfall C/D. Everything else still needs to be buffed imo. Also I'm getting sick and tired of morons calling people who are aoeing with Starfall hackers since they have no clue what the update they patched recently included and changed.
  • MhatMhat
    Reactions: 640
    edited June 2017
    Give starfall an 8 second cd and give starline one more range when you go trough the other starline skills. Make it more like the Explorer warrior classes grinding style. With some benefit of better grouping mobs with cosmic upveal.
    edited June 2017
    If anything reduce cast delay on cosmic upheaval
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Backup Beatdown should be made to be like xenons beam dance .
    The hitbox of the skill us just really weird. It only seems to hit monsters infront of you.

Space walk should be buffed really strong, like it should have the same jump distance as kinesis flash jump.