[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cube Packs for Reboot

DaxiDaxi
Reactions: 1,800
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
At the start of Reboot the ability to buy multiples of Cubes (and other items) was removed for technical reasons. That means we've been left buying 1 Cube at a time since.

I would like to suggest, in addition to the singular Cubes we also have packs of 10 available. A 25 pack for each would be nice too, but I don't want to push my luck. :P

Note: NOT asking for cheaper Cubes, the packs as I'm suggesting them would NOT give 'bonus' Cubes like in other servers.

Suggested Cube Options:

1 Red Cube: 12m

1 Black Cube: 22m

10 Red Cubes: 120m

10 Black Cubes: 220m

I don't think this would be difficult to implement and shouldn't take much development time. It would be a nice quality of life change.
Chris1102choowwyydarikDugong272NyaraXenooooon

Comments

• RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    Something like this would be great for cube sales/miracle time too, when people are rushing to buy cubes
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2017
    Daxi wrote: »
    At the start of Reboot the ability to buy multiples of Cubes (and other items) was removed for technical reasons. That means we've been left buying 1 Cube at a time since.

I would like to suggest, in addition to the singular Cubes we also have packs of 10 available. A 25 pack for each would be nice too, but I don't want to push my luck. :P

Suggested Cube Options:

1 Red Cube: 12m

1 Black Cube: 22m

10 Red Cubes: 120m

10 Black Cubes: 220m

I don't think this would be difficult to implement and shouldn't take much development time. It would be a nice quality of life change.

wouldnt it be 11 for 120/220m, since cs bundle gives 1 extra
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »

I'm not asking for free cubes/'bundles', I just want to be able to buy a pack of 10 for the convenience of not having to buy 1 at a time.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited May 2017
    Daxi wrote: »
    Xenon92 wrote: »

I'm not asking for free cubes/'bundles', I just want to be able to buy a pack of 10 for the convenience of not having to buy 1 at a time.

Once upon a time, Nexon sold cubes in bundles. When you hit a negative value in mesos, you could buy an infinite amount of cubes. Nexon "patched" it by removing it from the packs from the shop.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Once upon a time, Nexon sold cubes in bundles. When you hit a negative value in mesos, you could buy an infinite amount of cubes. Nexon "patched" it by removing it from the packs from the shop.

Yeah, that was done by buying more than 1 item using the arrow button or changing the number of times you're buying that item which was disabled to fix the exploit. If they added a bundle pack of 10 while having the arrow button disabled it simply can't be exploited. They would have to buy 1 bundle at a time.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Entitled server.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

The issue was with exceeding a 32-bit signed int (2^31-1 or 2.147b) in a single transaction.

A pack of 10, which you still need to buy 1 pack at a time would not be able to exceed the CS number limits, since the limit for a single transaction would be 220m.
  • iHateForumsiHateForums
    Reactions: 560
    edited May 2017
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017

This suggestion has nothing at all to with pity tier ups, something I don't support.

How exactly is wanting stacks of Cubes, which we'd still pay full price for "entitled"? It's a simple quality of life change that wouldn't take much development time at all.
    Rolls
  • ItryNotToFlameItryNotToFlame
    Reactions: 220
    edited July 2017
    Can we please get a dev to look into this. The issue with the crash shop is that there are literally so many people buying cubes one by one AND the combination of starting the sale only 30 minutes before the event makes it nearly impossible.

They NEED 10 packs that you can't buy more than one pack of a time, and they really need to start the sale at the UTC reset so people can go in and prepare accordingly. There's absolutely no reason why they continue to begin the sale basically right when DMT starts.

That and the added rush of people coming back from the maintenance as well. Can we please LEARN from these events? This has happened too many times for it to be a funny meme anymore.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2017
    Yes, we still need this, buying and then moving cubes one by one is horrifically tedious.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2017
    Or put the cubes into an NPC shop to avoid cash shop lag altogether and to be able to buy as much as you want at the same time
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited July 2017
    Rolls wrote: »
    Or put the cubes into an NPC shop to avoid cash shop lag altogether and to be able to buy as much as you want at the same time

I support both this, and the thread's suggestion.
  • utuiutui
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2017
    Please please please DO THIS!
  • JLapidJLapid
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Entitled server.

Since you play on normal servers, you probably don't know what it's like having to buy cubes one at a time to the point of running out of cash shop space. People in Reboot buy cubes by the hundreds. Buying in bulk was disabled to prevent a glitch at the beginning of Reboot but it's been over a year now and something should've been done by now.
  • deepspace5ddeepspace5d
    edited July 2017
    I agree, this really needs to happen. Buying cubes one at a time is very time consuming. Selling in bundles would be a great help and like you said no discount is needed, full price sale just bundle them. It would be great.
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited July 2017
    I do agree with this topic and it's something I wish it would have been implemented since the beginning of Reboot. I forwarded the suggestion.
    RollsIts2Sharp4UdarikNyara
  • ItryNotToFlameItryNotToFlame
    Reactions: 220
    edited July 2017
    Slatymate wrote: »
    I do agree with this topic and it's something I wish it would have been implemented since the beginning of Reboot. I forwarded the suggestion.

You're a champ. Thanks for helping in any way you can.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Bump, asked a VFM and they said it's okay.

• PengyPengy
    Reactions: 620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Posting in support of being able to buy multiple cubes again. This would also reduce the CS server lag when some people save up 3k+ worth of cubes when cube sales hit.