[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Look of the Month - June Winner Announcement

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited June 2017 in Contests and Events
Ahoy, Maplers!

We're glad to see another month of pixel fashionistas in this month's contest! As always, we're seeing many cool, adorable, beautiful, and silly entries, but only one can take home the grand prize. Please give a round of applause for the winner and the runner ups for June's Look of the Month Contest.
Grand Prize Winner

Pillbug:
RMjGpyQ.png

Who said freckles weren't cute?! Starting from today, "freckle face" shall be known as a compliment as opposed to an insult! Many say that beauty is seen through your eyes and we can see that very clearly from Pillbug. A very warm amber tone with striking green eyes helps complete this adorable look.
Runner Ups

Lapras:
hKEZJkl.png

An angel look is often times overdone and over cluttered, but Lapras brings a heavenly calm with a simple and graceful look. Extra creativity points for utilizing a non-NX piece as a main part of the overall angel themed look!

Akarín:
zObnHiQ.png

Loving the anime inspired look with an Japanese folklore theme! A very attractive look that blends culture, color, and season all into one.

Limone:
50LFzrw.png

Captures the soft and innocent look that goes hand in hand with the theme of a bunny goddess! Beauty and cuteness is rarely one and the same, but in this case it is. The overall attire brings together a timid maturity.

Thank you to everyone who participated in June's Look of the Month contest and don't be discouraged if you didn't win!

If you did not win this month's contest, we'd love to see your entry again within this upcoming month!
Winners are NOT permitted to enter the same look in future Look of the Month contests, however, this rule does not apply for those who have yet to hold a winning look.

We'll be sending out the prizes before 7/12/2017, please contact us if you do not receive your Maple Points by the specified date.

Winners:
    Grand Prize:
    Runner Ups:

Comments

• ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited June 2017
    Grats to the winners! I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for the results. The suspense has been killing me! ^^;

I'm a bit disappointed to not see my entry here as I was VERY confident about my outfit, but I respect the decisions of the judges. I understand that preferences and tastes vary when it comes to topics such as fashion, which is why I contemplated a lot before I made my post on whether to participate or not.

I'm aware of my abilities, but I realized that I've put too much importance on getting validated by other people. I may or may not participate in this kind of contest again in the near future after I recover from damaged pride. For now, I wish the future contestants luck in the coming Look of the Month contests! :)
    JettLuvsUWanderIustKittenCoalitionSanjayLair
  • CielliCielli
    Reactions: 455
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Winners:
        Grand Prize:
    • Soeft - 35,000 Maple Points

Runner Ups:

He messed up.
    KittenCoalition
  • NibboNibbo
    Reactions: 1,330
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Yaay :D
  • KittenCoalitionKittenCoalition
    Reactions: 1,720
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Ouch. :/
  • BruiseBruise
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited July 2017
    Arwoo is always on time with these. o:)

So this is the third time the Japanese princess style has been featured; someone must really like them. :p

I have noticed there is never a mention of the specific judges for each contest and what their take on the entries is. Can you tell us specifically who judged these and their feelings of each outfit? I'm sure everyone would be interested in this so they would understand the tastes of the judges, what they're looking at, and what to expect when entering -- so as to prevent misconceptions about the criteria. Though it could be me personally who is not always clear on it -- on why choose to feature one outfit over another.

Toreishi wrote: »
    Grats to the winners! I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for the results. The suspense has been killing me! ^^;

I'm a bit disappointed to not see my entry here as I was VERY confident about my outfit, but I respect the decisions of the judges. I understand that preferences and tastes vary when it comes to topics such as fashion, which is why I contemplated a lot before I made my post on whether to participate or not.

I'm aware of my abilities, but I realized that I've put too much importance on getting validated by other people. I may or may not participate in this kind of contest again in the near future after I recover from damaged pride. For now, I wish the future contestants luck in the coming Look of the Month contests! :)

I like honest personalities and introspection. :)
  • ToreishiToreishi
    edited July 2017
    Bruise wrote: »
    So this is the third time the Japanese princess style has been featured; someone must really like them. :p

I have noticed there is never a mention of the specific judges for each contest and what their take on the entries is. Can you tell us specifically who judged these and their feelings of each outfit? I'm sure everyone would be interested in this so they would understand the tastes of the judges, what they're looking at, and what to expect when entering -- so as to prevent misconceptions about the criteria. Though it could be me personally who is not always clear on it -- on why choose to feature one outfit over another.

I agree. I believe that it would greatly help those who are interested in participating. Even though it's unlikely for me to enter the Look of the Month contest again (because I'd literally re-enter with the same outfit, and seeing how I failed to sway the judges this time, I won't have much luck the next month either), I'd like to see other Maplers who are just as passionate about their outfits and fashion succeed.
  • BruiseBruise
    edited July 2017

I agree. I believe that it would greatly help those who are interested in participating. Even though it's unlikely for me to enter the Look of the Month contest again (because I'd literally re-enter with the same outfit, and seeing how I failed to sway the judges this time, I won't have much luck the next month either), I'd like to see other Maplers who are just as passionate about their outfits and fashion succeed.

I suppose there isn't much reason to enter besides winning. It could be a way to show off, but there doesn't seem to be that much interest anyway from the general public, not like what you would see with fanart.

Also, I guess it's not worth much to enter if it causes worries, especially if your outfit or choice of words isn't what the judges are particularly interested in.

We don't know much about what are the interests or who judges each contest specifically, but I think you can get a picture of at least some of the biases if you look at the keywords in some of the posts and judging criteria.
  • ToreishiToreishi
    edited July 2017
    I suppose there isn't much reason to enter besides winning. It could be a way to show off, but there doesn't seem to be that much interest anyway from the general public, not like what you would see with fanart.

Also, I guess it's not worth much to enter if it causes worries, especially if your outfit or choice of words isn't what the judges are particularly interested in.

We don't know much about what are the interests or who judges each contest specifically, but I think you can get a picture of at least some of the biases if you look at the keywords in some of the posts and judging criteria.

There isn't really a point to enter the contest just to "show off" though, as there aren't many people that frequent the Forums nowadays. :/

Also, I'd much prefer to win wearing an outfit that I like and identify with, than to win by wearing what the judges like. I could easily dress my character up as a Japanese Princess, but I don't want to.

• BruiseBruise
    edited July 2017

There isn't really a point to enter the contest just to "show off" though, as there aren't many people that frequent the Forums nowadays. :/

Also, I'd much prefer to win wearing an outfit that I like and identify with, than to win by wearing what the judges like. I could easily dress my character up as a Japanese Princess, but I don't want to.

Yes, referring to the first of your sentences, that's what I was saying in my post. There isn't much interest for some reason from the general public; because when they post about these contests on other social media with more frequent visitors, there doesn't seem to be much posting on them or interest in other's outfits. Whereas there is much more interest in fanart. So there isn't much reason to enter besides winning.

For the last sentence, I have the same sentiments. I would rather present something that expresses what I like personally; and then have people comment on that and perhaps win. I'm not a prideful person, that's just what makes sense to me. It's up to you to decide what you want and want to do.

• ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited July 2017
    Hi Maplers!

I'd like to inform you all that there may be some delay with the delivery of the contest's rewards and July's LotM contest due to my absence. However, all winners will be rewarded as promised and there will be a contest for this month as well.

We're also seeing from the discussion in this thread that ya'll would like more details in the judging process so we'll try to include it into July's results post.

Thanks!
    JettLuvsU
  • BruiseBruise
    edited July 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Hi Maplers!

I'd like to inform you all that there may be some delay with the delivery of the contest's rewards and July's LotM contest due to my absence. However, all winners will be rewarded as promised and there will be a contest for this month as well.

We're also seeing from the discussion in this thread that ya'll would like more details in the judging process so we'll try to include it into July's results post.

Thanks!

Good timing considering the 4th of July weekend.

It will be interesting to see the judging process which we never got to see before.

Thank you. :)
  • NibboNibbo
    Reactions: 1,330
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Is there any news on when the reward will be sent?