[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Request] Make Action Pets Less "Chatty"

PangusPangus
Reactions: 900
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but I'll just pot it here.
I have 6 action pets in all (3 Miho Spirit pets and 3 Demon Pets). My main pets are Spirit Miho pets, because I've invested a lot of time and nx on it (such as getting permanent skills and scrolling pet equipment). I love these action pets, except for ONE major flaw. They simply talk TOO much. These action pets chat randomly every couple seconds, and it clutters too much of my screen. Sometimes, they get in a way of bossing too. There are some bosses in the game where a player must be attentive to every bit of detail in order to survive. These chatty pets, however, are not helping and seem to make bossing more frustrating at times. Could you guys either make it so that these pets are like all the other pets (do not talk unless they're spoken to via pet command or given pet food/treats), or perhaps make an option where the user can choose to make them chatty and not chatty? Like I've mentioned, I've already spent too much time and money on these pets, so I do not want to invest in another pet.

P.S. sorry for the low quality photo! I wasn't sure how to attach an image in my post.

Comments

• SeerowSeerow
    Reactions: 935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I can't imagine having three of these guys out! I have one that I purchased just recently when they came out and I almost swapped her out for an old pet because the chatting was so much. I wouldn't mind them talking a little but "I know this place!" gets really old after you've seen it ten times in as many minutes.
  • PangusPangus
    edited October 2016
    Seerow
    Seerow said:

I can't imagine having three of these guys out! I have one that I purchased just recently when they came out and I almost swapped her out for an old pet because the chatting was so much. I wouldn't mind them talking a little but "I know this place!" gets really old after you've seen it ten times in as many minutes.
    Yes, I agree! Some of these dialogues are dumb too (as you can see in my photo), such as "Ha!" and "You!"

• PangusPangus
    edited October 2016
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

I would rather they permanently remove that stupid "strange alien" from the game... or at least make it so that its horribly annoying audio can only be heard by the pet owner.
    I know what you mean! At least they're not that common.

• BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    lol chatty pets are fun, but they cause lag i understand that. i wish my pets were more chatty-- they're not action pets
  • PangusPangus
    edited October 2016
    Is there a way to get an attention from CM Michael or any other GMs?
    Maybe like @ them or something.
    I don't know how often they check the suggestion forum, but I feel like this will go unnoticed for awhile...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Pangus
    Pangus said:

Is there a way to get an attention from CM Michael or any other GMs?
    Maybe like @ them or something.
    I don't know how often they check the suggestion forum, but I feel like this will go unnoticed for awhile...
    We have been told they read everything in the forums.

These new forums do offer the option of @ mentioning someone or even sending a direct Personal Message to them, but I strongly urge you to practice restraint. If people keep using these options to summon the CM over frivolous matters, we will likely just lose the privilege and be back to where we were with the old forums: completely unable to draw attention to urgent, critical matters (like broken time-limited events, where every day counts).

Your suggestion is, no doubt, important to you. So are the other 136 suggestions in this forum, important to their posters. And the 108 bug reports, too. Most of the General Chat and Rants & Raves could also use an authoritative response.

Michael has responded to about 50 threads, most of them in one session two weeks ago. He may or may not keep responding to individual threads, as time allows. He's created what seems to be a summary thread in the forum, but has not yet had time to put anything in it. He's a very overworked man. Let him get to things in the order that is most convenient to him, please?