[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone else think this collection event is cheap?

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited July 2017 in General Chat
specifically for the PQ ones - first they won't spawn all the time and second they still register at a chance only.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    TheHoA wrote: »
    specifically for the PQ ones - first they won't spawn all the time and second they still register at a chance only.

Admin Balloons...I've killed over 10 of them...still no dice.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited July 2017
    Also forgot to mention the limited entries for dragon rider, hob king, tangyoon and chryse to make them even HARDER
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I collected all of the PQ ones at this point but it's far beyond a reasonable rate to obtain.

Expect to run most of them at least 20 times with extreme outliers of needing more than 60.
    Argent
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    It's not cheap it's stupid. what i hate most is the elite versions of regular monsters. I've summoned 4 and none of the 4 were the ones that i needed...(example: beefy, speedy, healer,etc)
    It's stupid as heck
    Argent
  • BalancedFurysBalancedFurys
    Reactions: 725
    edited July 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    I collected all of the PQ ones at this point but it's far beyond a reasonable rate to obtain.

Expect to run most of them at least 20 times with extreme outliers of needing more than 60.

Nexon thinks this is realistic? This event takes hours and hours upon end then you even have the slight change of it spawning.. then not collecting at all when it does spawn.. Up the rates.. This event is useless and unfair
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited July 2017

Nexon thinks this is realistic? This event takes hours and hours upon end then you even have the slight change of it spawning.. then not collecting at all when it does spawn.. Up the rates.. This event is useless and unfair

I might be reading the date's of this event wrong, but don't we basically have the entirety of two months to complete this? lol
  • BalancedFurysBalancedFurys
    Reactions: 725
    edited July 2017
    Andromedy wrote: »

I might be reading the date's of this event wrong, but don't we basically have the entirety of two months to complete this? lol

Yea so LOL that you have to spend 24 hours of your life doing shammos pq and kill 20 of the monsters with no collect LOL HAAHHAHAHAHAH OMG 2 months to complete hahahahhahahaahha woooooooooo! great event nexon maplestory is the most popular game ever!!!! XD
  • CrawfishhCrawfishh
    Reactions: 400
    edited July 2017
    i've stopped counting how many times i've completed the pirate party quest for the party bellflower, and i've only seen it once. and i didn't even get it. right now there's two hurdles. things gotta spawn, and then they gotta register. they should have made it so at least one of them was a 100% chance. either always spawn with small chance of registering, or small chance of spawning with a 100% rate of registering..
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    if it's any consolation pirate pq is the fastest of them all....

At least you're not stuck on hoblin :)
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    "I heard you like rng, so we put some rng in the rng...its also a limited time event"
  • SgfSgf
    Reactions: 745
    edited July 2017
    well if it wasn't hard to do then they might as well just give everyone the items straight up... not every item from every event everyone gets/can get
  • NihilisticNyxNihilisticNyx
    Reactions: 615
    edited July 2017
    I've qued my friend these past 3 days around 60-70 times on the Shammos pq alone. I understand that this event is meant to be difficult, but I don't understand why we can't get a 100% spawn or a 100% chance to register into our collection with the other factor being completely low RNG like Crawfishh mentioned. Personally, I've gotten the Hoblin monster collected within 7-9 tries with Dragon Rider pq being my last obstacle. I personally wouldn't mind the RNG of these pqs if we could enter all of them solo and without limits but a lot of them require parties like Romeo and Juliet being the most cancerous out of all of them with four players necessary.

Trust me, I like the fact that 99.9% of my world will never have this chair, but I don't like seeing my friend suffer like this.

TLDR; Qued friend for 6 straight hours for Shammos ( Hoblin ) party quest with 0 collects. Feels bad man. Feels bread.
    Crawfishh
  • JqnsonJqnson
    Reactions: 820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    if you change channel after each pq entry you will have a good chance of it spawning i think its limited how often it can spawn on each channel so dont just keep going on channel 1 you will waste soo much time and they might never spawn if other people are doing the same pq :)
  • HolHol
    Reactions: 930
    edited July 2017
    I still need most of the PQ event monsters but it's so hard to find a party especially since I live in Europe.

If anyone plays in Windia and still needs the PQ event monsters, please feel free to add Hollie and we can PQ together.