[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[MS Livestream Application] Teach Me How to...

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited April 2020 in General Chat
What's up, Maplers!
In our most recent live stream, we announced we would be starting a series to help inform Maplers of the pros, cons, tips, and tricks of each job/class in Global MapleStory. To help us in the series, we are looking for experts in each job from our community to join us on the live stream!

We highly encourage those of you who are experienced in a job not yet covered to apply for the spot, and greatly appreciate your interest in sharing your knowledge with the community.

How to Apply:
Send me a private message on the forum containing the following information:
Character's Name:
World:
Character's Level:
Job:
As well as answering the following questions:
  1. How long have you been playing the job/class?
  2. Why do you want to represent that particular job/class on this community series?
  3. What do you feel is the job/class's greatest strength and weakness? What is your greatest strength and weakness with the class?
Once your application is received, if we are interested in having you join the live stream, we will send a response with further details and a schedule. After the live stream on Twitch, we will upload the video to the Official MapleStory YouTube Channel for future reference.

Thank you and see ya'll soon.
Feel free to use this thread to discuss or ask questions! We'll be sure to list out all the classes and those who we've selected for the class here on this thread. The schedule will also be posted here as well.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Will there be a list of the jobs that have already been applied to? Like a cross out list so we know not to apply for those. Oh the last bit on the post answered this, thanks.
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited July 2017
    Will there be a list of the jobs that have already been applied to? Like a cross out list so we know not to apply for those. Oh the last bit on the post answered this, thanks.

Yes! We will have the list up soon. We will also have time slots for when to tune in if you're looking to see ones featuring a certain class/character.
    DarkPassenger
  • mafloo3mafloo3
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited July 2017
    am up to any help with Eunwol/Shade
    Youtube Channel:
    Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/mafloo3gms
    BDO
  • KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited July 2017
    I don't really make any videos or stream, but i guess you could say i'm an expert on beast tamer. If you need someone for that position i'd be willing to help.
    edited July 2017
    I don't really make any videos or stream, but i guess you could say i'm an expert on beast tamer. If you need someone for that position i'd be willing to help.

You can probably get featured on a voice call to answer any questions people may have
  • KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited July 2017

You can probably get featured on a voice call to answer any questions people may have

Hmm true maybe i'll apply my schedule can change at any minute though idk if i'd be able to make it. for like a voice call. couldn't hurt i suppose
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    Do I have to send two applications for two classes Arwoo? Cuz I love both Demon classes and am actually going to second main my Reboot Demon Avenger. I haven't really streamed much but I do have a proper gamer headset and stuff...
    edited July 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Do I have to send two applications for two classes Arwoo? Cuz I love both Demon classes and am actually going to second main my Reboot Demon Avenger. I haven't really streamed much but I do have a proper gamer headset and stuff...

as long as youre an expert, you can probably cover both at the same time
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited July 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

I'd like to give everyone a chance, but I didn't put the restriction that a Mapler is limited to one in case we don't have a unique applicant for each and every class. In regards to your question, yes, please submit two applications, but I will be prioritizing new faces.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Meh put more resources in to fixing stuff in the game not resources in stuff like this..
  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited July 2017
    like reboot for luna ? :P

no but seriously thats a good idea there is a lot of classes. ( and more are coming cadena :D)
    always good to have a referance video to watch before staring a class and realizing they had cons you didnt know about
    most comment question i spotted in yt videos is something like:
    -which hyperstats,hyperskills and v matrix skills did you use?
    -how do they play does it feel smooth or are the kinda clunky during grinding and boss fight?
    -are they affected by lagg or do i not need to worry about problems it?

to bad im kind of shy when it comes to livestreams,but would have loved to talk about paladins :D
    hope the stream is during weekends so i wont miss it ^^
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited July 2017
    Removed because informed to do so.
    edited July 2017
    Character's Name: Rocs

World: Demethos [GRAZED Alliance]

Character's Level: 230

Job: Ultimate Adventurer Bowmaster

How long have you been playing the job/class?

I have been playing this Job/Class since 2013 one week before the Cygnus Returns Patch happened, thus removing the ability to make Ultimate Adventurers.

Why do you want to represent that particular job/class on this community series?

I would like to represent the Bowmaster Job/Class. I feel like a lot of people don't like Bowmaster, or most haven't seen what a little bit of effort on a Bowmaster can really give you in terms to outputted damage.

What do you feel is the job/class's greatest strength and weakness? What is your greatest strength and weakness with the class?

Strengths:
    ~A lot of mobility
    ~Overall Decent DPS against one mob, but has some utility in terms to mobbing
    ~5th Job skills are a lot of fun and can map map clearing easy depending on the map itself
    ~A unique Job/Class in itself

Weaknesses:
    ~They're pretty squishy, just like Mercedes
    ~You'll want Decent Speed Infusion or a party with a Buccaneer to really get faster mobbing attack speeds
    ~The first three job/class levels can be pretty boring if unfunded in terms to time vs exp gain
    ~You'll want funding to really maximize on the output for damage overall
    ~Takes a decent amount of dedication to learn all the mobility combinations and where you should place your turrets, etc
    ~Arrow Blaster aka Turret Isn't placed down unless your connection with nexon is extremely solid. Example: Not being able to place down your arrow blaster turret on the first cast thus causing the cooldown to activate
    ~Inhuman Speed 5th job skill only procs 3 times during the cooldown stage of the skill
    ~Sometimes it can be quite draining and tiresome to train one with dedication, helps to have people to talk to or friends to train with

My greatest strength would be on how easy and routine it is to actually play a Bowmaster and train effortlessly.

My greatest weakness would be the fact after all of these years, I'm still a noob to bossing and don't have a lot of range...the charm levels kind of took over. Also I still kind of mess up sometimes in terms to dodging with my Hookshot third job/class skill.

Overall thank you for taking the time to read this post. I might not be a 250 Bowmaster yet, but I'm still learning and progressing.
    Also being an Ultimate Adventurer, I feel unique in my own way.

Sincerely,

KushyDragon

Arwoo said to private message the application
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited July 2017
    That's been done now.
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited July 2017
    Thank you everyone for the applications so far! We'll be reviewing them throughout next week and the weeks after. If we would like to move forward and have you as a guest we will send you a follow up private message. Thanks again!
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    @Arwoo

*Not my official application but still relevant and, maybe, interesting.*

I am not sure if I should apply. But I am lvl 205, almost 206 on a Dual Blade and I do have sample clips if interested.

I am posting this from iPhone so I cannot provide a link, at least not in the same way as on my PC. But all relevant videos are on the ST Clan channel (the one with a blue emblem and a sword going through an 'S'). Links are on other posts I made in the past.

I made several posts regarding my 'Journey from lvl 205 to lvl 250 in Pensalir' using my Dual Blade, Thoner, in Zenith. I have played as Thoner for 2 years, almost 3 (my 3rd character ever).

If you like the videos, please let me know. If you think I might have what your looking for, I will sign up officially, using your format. *Thought you would prefer watching something instead of reading about it.*
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited October 2017
    Wish I could do this for Phantom, I just don't have the time sadly :/.

Would be perfect for it since I've been playing him since day 1 of release and currently have like 3 of them, 2 of which are lvl200. If you're wondering why I have 2 lvl200 Phantoms don't ask... because I don't even know LOL

I used to do Videos back in the day and I currently stream pretty regularly also.
  • TropismTropism
    Reactions: 1,415
    edited October 2017
    You should add for Kanna's that they get banned unfairly.
  • PizzaaPizzaa
    Reactions: 1,591
    Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    What's the current situation for those livestreams right now?
  • KidoYaMingKidoYaMing
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited March 2018
    Can someone teach me how to get lvl 150 gear from CRA without getting carried?