[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Using steam launcher

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
Reactions: 8,980
edited July 2017 in General Chat
If I get steam to play maplestory, can I import my nexon files or do I have to download through steam?

Im getting that white blank box when I press play.

Comments

• ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2017
    You will need to download through Steam.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    edited July 2017
    Argent wrote: »
    You will need to download through Steam.

Yep, I did all I can to see if I can import but since the files are scattered in the app data folder, steam cant lock on to one whole file to import. 3 hours to go til it finishes.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I've had way fewer problems with Steam than with the Nexon Launcher, so it's worth it, imo lol. Plus I can buy nx with steam wallet. And earn trading cards and stuff.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2017
    The main issue with the Steam launcher is that sometimes after an update you have to redownload the entire game. If you have a speedy connection and no data cap that isn't a huge issue, but it can be.
    edited July 2017
    Argent wrote: »
    The main issue with the Steam launcher is that sometimes after an update you have to redownload the entire game. If you have a speedy connection and no data cap that isn't a huge issue, but it can be.

oh, i might have to get it on nexon launcher then. Steam actually just made my laptop freeze mid download, it had 1 hour left to finish, had to hard reset and now cant resume download so I had to start over.
    edited July 2017
    Im testing this out: Transferring/copying maplestory file into the downloads folder in the file manager where steam is. It may allocate it into the library.
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited July 2017
    Copy the big files (e.g. items.wz) into steamapps/common/Maplestory.

Then when you go to install the game, steam will detect the pre-existing files and skip over them.
    DarkPassenger
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited July 2017
    i highly recommend everyone using Steam to play Maplestory for now on. and just forget the Nexon Launcher because its broken and not worth using if u have windows 10 Home or Pro. ._. i didnt know about buying nexon on steam with steam wallet worked out well though xD but yeah good on mate for doing this u should be in good hands.
    edited July 2017
    Copy the big files (e.g. items.wz) into steamapps/common/Maplestory.

Then when you go to install the game, steam will detect the pre-existing files and skip over them.

I'll try it out, since right now the launcher as was said is broken for windows, so it works then it stops working and shows the blank pop up, to fix that i delete the files in the install location and then put them back in there. It's like a 5 minute process but to do it repeatedly is not worth it.