[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

a Maplestory for the 3DS

HoneyWaterHoneyWater
Reactions: 2,245
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
I can already imagine how people would try to make this into a bad idea . _., so just read before u actually comment, If you are gonna talk bad about it, PLEASE be respectful because i'm also a human being and i can only take... well not much p_p

I talked about this idea to some friends, they ended up asking me why the 3DS and not the switch... well the switch is a portable console (also has better performance), but i don't feel like the switch is as portable as the 3DS is, i'm not saying it's not portable i'm just saying it's LESS portable than the 3DS.

I also do understand that maplestory has a mobile version on there phones. I want the 3ds version to be something different from the mobile(i just want to point that out)

Since i used to have a 3ds, i played some 3DS games. I noticed how you could play with other friends that also have a 3DS, like without having an internet connection.
i never figured out how... i just thought it was witchcraft. (but it's called Local wireless) It's a way for you to play with friends/strangers that are near-by that has a 3DS.
(or something similar)
Maplestory is a game i feel like that were targeted for everyone, so Kids could also enjoy it, i remembered having some good memories with my 3ds during school when i brought it with me, almost everyday to play games with friends (smash bros....i really sucked at it u_u ) so it can't hurt playing maplestory in school... right c:? i already know someone's gonna comment something about school is a place for a good education or something... BUT its also a place to find friends and MAKE FRIENDS, and how do you do that in the 21st century? with technology : D..... (It's a method . _.)

I feel like i should explain how it's gonna be different from the Mobile version of maplestory.

okay since the other 3DS maplestory, from like a different region, they have a storyline.. i think?(I never played the other 3DS maplestory game, but i did see some gameplay) It was just singleplayer, i didn't see any multiplayer, so i feel like This POSSIBLE(but i'm sure it's not gonna happen :'( ) 3ds maplestory would have a multiplayer for Bosses, and Party Quests, and Jump quests ONLY to play with other people. It's never fun to just play by yourself :D

i still want a Singleplayer to be somewhat the main focus, so people could play it when they're alone, so they could lvl up to start doing Bosses, Party Quests, and jump maps to wear gear, lvl more, unlock skills.
(The players would be able to enter the bosses depending on how far the storyline they are, and their lvl)
when doing Bosses, and Jump Maps they would also have an option for you to Solo it, except for Party Quests

It would also be a nice Idea to add housing in the game, because i feel like there should be more customization in the game, other than changing your hair, eyes, outfits.
i got this idea from this forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/14411/i-want-housing-in-this-game#latest post c:, i support this idea a lot, because in the 3DS maplestory i feel like it would just be a way to show off how cute you look in maplestory while chatting.

Now the Classes and the Skills, yes i put some thought into this... not a lot but some
I want the Classes to be a combo based since the 3DS won't have a lot of Button to press on.
I noticed how the "Girl of Destiny" 3ds Maplestory had the Girl be a Battle Mage? (Correct me if i'm wrong)
That's a good Class for the 3DS, maybe Aran could also be a class for it. Some Other classes could be good for it, like the game's gonna need a supporter class in a way = 3 *cough* BISHOP *cough* but the Bishop would have Issues with the Buff's... but i didn't think that far through it.

These are my idea's for a Maplestory 3DS for the NA. It would be great if it could actually be a thing, I also didn't know if i should've posted this in the Suggestion Section since it said "Want to Suggest an idea for Maplestory?" so i thought of posting it there but then i'm scared of how people would tell me this wouldnt be part of the Suggestion e_e", and all my hard work would've gone to waste u_u.

Thanks for Reading n_n, if u don't agree with it, please show mercy to my soul and be somewhat nice x_x. If you agree i would love it to see some Support 8'D

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Unfortunately, I think Nexon is pretty locked into cellphones as their portable gaming platform. They have an entire Mobile division dedicated to phone games.
    Can't really blame them: more people have phones than 3DS's, so the market is way bigger. Still, kind of a shame because phones suck for games due to only having the touchscreen for input.
    They used to have a Maplestory game for the DS, but they never translated it to English and didn't continue its development or anything. So I guess it wasn't a big success.

So I think you'd have better luck pushing for a Global version of the current Maplestory-related mobile apps, and maybe suggest changes for them. (I must admit I don't know what they can do at the moment, other than play Star Planet games).
    Phones do have one big advantage over 3DS's, in that they can be online almost anywhere. So you could, for example, access your real game account and dress up your characters (including buying stuff in the Cash Shop) or fix up your home (if that suggestion goes through), while riding the train to school. I'm sure Nexon would be happy to have us spending NX even when we can't play the main game.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I guess that's True T ^ T

thanks for the comment= 3
    always good to see people reading and replying T ^ T
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    They used to have a Maplestory game for the DS, but they never translated it to English and didn't continue its development or anything. So I guess it wasn't a big success.

The games actually really fun, it's what i've been playing lately on my 3DS :)

• HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »

You guys should like... totally translate them o3o.... . _., not like i'm begging or anything, it would just be great if you guys did....

also thanks for the comment <3 always fun to have Volunteer, Intern mods, CM's, and Nexon read my discussion and leave a comment down :D
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited July 2017
    HoneyWater wrote: »
    bumbertyr wrote: »

You guys should like... totally translate them o3o.... . _., not like i'm begging or anything, it would just be great if you guys did....

also thanks for the comment <3 always fun to have Volunteer, Intern mods, CM's, and Nexon read my discussion and leave a comment down :D

I'm on the lawbreakers team not maplestory.

I've just been using google translate on my phone to translate the game, though i will admit an translated version would be awesome. I also bought the 3ds one!.... but quickly found out it's region locked ;_;

• HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Wow HeartBreaking </3

and Lawbreaker Team :o
    I played the Open Beta and it was fun
    Hope it turns out to be a good Game c:
    bumbertyr
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    I've played the 3DS one (japanese version), it's pretty fun.