[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Flag race time need to change

WindiaCammyWindiaCammy
Reactions: 1,135
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello guy, when I started to play MS again in 2014, the first thing i was curious was flag race, I joined each of them but since i was in old guild which no one online or maybe there was like 2 or 3 online but they don't run flag race. I changed guild because I wanted to have more guildies do flag race with me, it was first needed for me when I tried to find the guild to join. But since MS started to use UTC time, reset time changed and so Kiritas daily, flag race daily also changed into difficult time when not many people even online to do it. It is starting to have less and less people join flag race. The hours of flag race in old days were 3PM, 10PM, 12AM, 1AM, 2AM (EST), although 3PM has less people. I loved these 10PM, 12AM, 1AM, 2AM hours even though too late but I stayed awake just to run it. Plus more people play this hours, there were always like full 3 maps of flag race runners, even 4th map open. The front page of score in flag race were so good at end of week, 1st guild maybe get 8k~10k points and last guild from top 10 guilds maybe 1k.

But now... we are using UTC time, the flag race new times are 8AM, 3PM, 5PM, 6PM, 7PM (EST). Who even has time to do 8AM one? it's time for people in US go to school or work. I tried to do it sometime before i go to work but failed, why? because it need 8 people for the race to start. And 3PM, 5PM, 6PM, 7PM are even worse, now these hours, only like sometime full or not even full for just 1 map. Now at end of the week, 1st guild from top 10 only got like 3~4k, last guild top 10 maybe got like 400. It wasn't fun anymore with these hours.

What I want to suggest here is either if you can change it back to normal time or adding few more hours in for flag race like after reset time, Adding 3~5 more racing time in?

Also I want to suggest for more option in guild's Noblesse Skill like more exp buff % or Knockback %, more drop rate %, something like that.

I love MS, but I have busy schedule, work full day time, and can only play night time. Hope more players agree with me on this post, thank you for reading.
Kitties

Comments

• KittiesKitties
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I'm not personally fond of the new times either. Does not work well for west coast players. Flag race is one of my favorite things to do on maple :(
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Back when we first moved to UTC, Nexon promised to reschedule in-game content so all GMS players around the world can participate.
    It was only done for weekend events: 2x, miracle time, and fever.
    Everything else: Flag race, Kritias Invasions, Friendstory, and various events (like the spawning of the Party Punk Admin Balloon now), is still scheduled in a way that is good for single-timezone Korea, but not for globe-spanning GMS.
  • WindiaCammyWindiaCammy
    Reactions: 1,135
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, in old PST time, my guildies all joined FR because they got home at that time and can enjoy the game, now everything changed, we have only like 1 or 2 ppl run for fr, 1 day has 5 flag races, 7 days have 35 flag races but most i could join is about 5 only, it's very suck, you know? what even fun to do in MS? Daily got me bored, I'm trying to do legion and because of reset time, i don't even have enough time when i got home to do because it was very late... and day time working all days.

This is MS for most USA players, it should be using PST and EST time, MS losing players because of these timers changed ruined their fun time to do stuff. most events have mess up time...
  • JoshersJoshers
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2017
    I kind of agree flag race gives me something to do and the new times are ridiculous first off 8am? As Cammy said 8am races who even has time for that I'm up for usually every 8am race and half the time we can't even run because there is only like 4-5 people. The other times are inconvenient for PST players 12pm, 2,3,4 pm most people are either working or in school. The shift to UCT time did not really take into considerations of players of PST and EST, because those times for EST are just as bad. When I started doing flag race maps were flooded 2-3 maps of people but now can barely do 1 map if that at all. and as said by others here GMS is global maple for USA and Canada players by changing to UTC you basically disregard how those players are affected by the time change. Not only that the day light savings times were never appropriately changed back either. Flag race isn't the only thing affected by this, reset time for PST is a nightmare having it be at 4pm when most people are again in school or working. Trying not to sound like a total rant but GMS should go back to PST time at least that way its fair to the majority of players on the server and not cater to maple Europe.