[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Great game, worst customer service imaginable.....

GamesdayGamesday
Reactions: 870
edited July 2017 in General Chat
So........ I decided to buy the Kana package for my Night Lord because it looked great in the dress up window, proceeded to purchase and I was satisfied with said purchase.........that is until I found out that the fan was restricted to swords / short swords / desperados / fans and something else just not claws, as you figured I was disappointed to have bought a package that I couldn't fully enjoy, I mean to be fair its not my fault there was not restrictions or warning on the box.......so I thought "hey I deserve some level of refund or help". I talked to a GM who then gave me the run around by telling me what I already knew, that the package was only equipable to certain weapons ( frankly I don't know why its even restricted it plays ZERO effect on actual gameplay ), after a few emails and repetitive responses I woke up today and logged in my kana and got kicked promptly from the server as it had died, I relogged on another channel and I was fine, then I logged out after selling a few things to log into my main for dailies..........that's when it all went down hill, I found myself not being able to log in and my account noticeably hacked or at least from my perspective it looked that way.

After a few long scares I was relieved to have found an email that arrived at the exact time I was booted from the game all the way to the exe which prompted me to re-input my password which I could not, also the reason why I thought I was hacked.....anyways the email read: "
Though I am sorry that you were having difficulties with the package that you purchased. I would like to remind you that the Kanna Package was meant specifically for the Kanna class characters. I have proceeded to access your account and remove all the items for the purchase of the package.
As it was necessary for me to access your account, you will need to go through the "Forgot Password" and "Reset PIC" menus to gain access back to your account.", a great relief came over so I did what the GM told me to do......but when I try to reset my password I get "Invalid access with invalid parameter. Please try again", after 8 hours of waiting and emailing the GM I have yet to receive any help, I lost a day of sengoku probably lost the item I was planning to purchase and now I'm royaly screwed for months to come until it comes back, hopefully not. They made me feel so bad that I just kept telling myself......im never asking for a refund again its like asking for a ban........... moral of the story Watch what you spend on Nexon, because if the product that was presented to you decides to break, you will have to fight tooth and nail to get a refund, but gosh is it easy to insert money into their pockets aint it?.........
DragooooooooonkrskTransformingThunderSakuyasPad

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I wouldn't be too surprised to find out, once you manage to log in, that you didn't even get the refund.
    krsk
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Maybe it's because I have my own Onmyouji Fan perpetually sitting there, but I coulda swore it did say somewhere, in-game or on the wesite, the equipment limitations...?
  • GamesdayGamesday
    edited July 2017
    None in game or outside, it even lets you dress room it to see how it looks on you......almost saying hey if you buy it you will look like this! (not)
  • DragooooooooonDragooooooooon
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited July 2017
    I charged the wrong account(because of chrome auto save password) via prepaid! And asked for a transfer they told me I needed all the info for both accounts and the one i wrongly charged would be deleted LOL. Like I'm some sort of scammer? Why would I do prepaid if i was a scammer nexon!??!
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    You shouldve just kept it and gave it to another character that can use it or wait for cash transfer which will be in august.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    And i believe the reason you have to log in through the forgot password method is because they override the info to gain access, they dont access your account using your information, they use a backdoor type thing which resets your password.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2017
    To be honest customer service has gotten better over the past couple of years. However it's still miles away from becoming anyone near good.
    Dragooooooooon
  • krskkrsk
    Reactions: 2,980
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    ShadEight wrote: »
    To be honest customer service has gotten better over the past couple of years. However it's still miles away from becoming anyone near good.

It got better, then it got worse. A year ago I had some major issues with bugs in the game which caused me to lose an item I had purchased from the game. After 3 months of having my tickets closed and me refusing to let it die, I was refunded and received the item i lost. It was a hassle sure, but overall I was pleased with the outcome and felt that the GMs handled the situation well. My account too had to be accessed by a GM so I am familiar with that dreaded feeling of reading the e-mail too slowly and thinking i was hacked just like the OP. At the end of the day, having my issue addressed and having the GM go through that much trouble to rectify my situation validated me and made me feel at least like a somewhat valued customer. Flash forward to a couple months ago.. when the same sort of bug happened. I had gached and received a perm mount that i attempted to use and poof it disappeared and didn't give me the mount. I send weeks worth of emails having my tickets closed and being told oh well too bad your loss + no compensation of any sort. I had provided screen shots that proved I had the mount, used the mount, and didn't receive the mount but the GMs just sent me generic responses and closed my tickets without appearing to even read them. Then a notice was put up on the website stating other people besides me had had the same issue and that we would all be compensated in a server check... except I wasn't. So i opened more tickets, got more rejections, and ultimately at the end of the day was never compensated in the least bit for my loss. So in my experience, I guess my view of Nexon customer server was that it went from bad, to better, to awful.
  • AnezyAnezy
    Reactions: 400
    edited July 2017
    Gamesday wrote: »
    So........ I decided to buy the Kana package for my Night Lord because it looked great in the dress up window, proceeded to purchase and I was satisfied with said purchase.........that is until I found out that the fan was restricted to swords / short swords / desperados / fans and something else just not claws, as you figured I was disappointed to have bought a package that I couldn't fully enjoy, I mean to be fair its not my fault there was not restrictions or warning on the box.......so I thought "hey I deserve some level of refund or help". I talked to a GM who then gave me the run around by telling me what I already knew, that the package was only equipable to certain weapons ( frankly I don't know why its even restricted it plays ZERO effect on actual gameplay ), after a few emails and repetitive responses I woke up today and logged in my kana and got kicked promptly from the server as it had died, I relogged on another channel and I was fine, then I logged out after selling a few things to log into my main for dailies..........that's when it all went down hill, I found myself not being able to log in and my account noticeably hacked or at least from my perspective it looked that way.

After a few long scares I was relieved to have found an email that arrived at the exact time I was booted from the game all the way to the exe which prompted me to re-input my password which I could not, also the reason why I thought I was hacked.....anyways the email read: "
    Though I am sorry that you were having difficulties with the package that you purchased. I would like to remind you that the Kanna Package was meant specifically for the Kanna class characters. I have proceeded to access your account and remove all the items for the purchase of the package.
    As it was necessary for me to access your account, you will need to go through the "Forgot Password" and "Reset PIC" menus to gain access back to your account.", a great relief came over so I did what the GM told me to do......but when I try to reset my password I get "Invalid access with invalid parameter. Please try again", after 8 hours of waiting and emailing the GM I have yet to receive any help, I lost a day of sengoku probably lost the item I was planning to purchase and now I'm royaly screwed for months to come until it comes back, hopefully not. They made me feel so bad that I just kept telling myself......im never asking for a refund again its like asking for a ban........... moral of the story Watch what you spend on Nexon, because if the product that was presented to you decides to break, you will have to fight tooth and nail to get a refund, but gosh is it easy to insert money into their pockets aint it?.........

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/nexon-america-inc-los-angeles-california-c37187.html?page=4

Check that link out. After more than 7 years they still haven't changed lol.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited July 2017
    Hi Gamesday,

Much of the confusion could have been avoided should the next steps of the refund been communicated beforehand.
    We'd like to apologize for what you've experienced and will be sure to voice these concerns to our team.
    NextToBeLost
  • SkywritSkywrit
    Reactions: 310
    edited July 2017
    I'll spare the details of my nearly six week lock out from the game, although this was a real mess, I have to say, every time I talked via live chat to someone I was helped, even though it took so long to get my account back. I followed every single thing Nexon instructed me to do and they helped me get my account back. My experience dealing hard core with Nexon, was good and I am grateful for the help they gave me, the people I dealt with via live chat, three different times were consummate professionals, I have nothing but praise for them.
    I'm sorry your situation was so bad but glad you have your account back.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited July 2017
    Skywrit wrote: »
    I'll spare the details of my nearly six week lock out from the game, although this was a real mess, I have to say, every time I talked via live chat to someone I was helped, even though it took so long to get my account back. I followed every single thing Nexon instructed me to do and they helped me get my account back. My experience dealing hard core with Nexon, was good and I am grateful for the help they gave me, the people I dealt with via live chat, three different times were consummate professionals, I have nothing but praise for them.

Feels like a Nexon employee.....
  • GamesdayGamesday
    edited July 2017
    It got fixed, just before maintenance sigh >.>, come back to lose another day of sengoku T_T
  • SkywritSkywrit
    Reactions: 310
    edited July 2017
    Ivangold wrote: »
    Skywrit wrote: »

Feels like a Nexon employee.....

I truly lol'ed at that.. Nope never been employed by Nexon. Believe me I was surprised at my own experience having heard all about Nexon and its customer service before. That was just not the case for me, like I said, I dealt with several GM's via live chat and logging a ticket, the ticket system really didn't help me very much, but the live chat system really did, after nothing worked on the technical end they moved on to fix it for me.
    If you do what they ask you to do, provide what they need from you there is no problem, my only constraints were not of Nexon's doing , once I had everything I / they needed my account was handed right back to me. It took time, weeks, to get everything cleared up, I think, a lot of times that is the problem with most complaints, most people (myself included) do not want to wait and want everything fixed FAST, and when this doesn't happen at the speed of light (joke) people are so mad they take it out where ever they can, usually on Nexon.
    In this case, I believe the item descriptions should have been clearly stated, to the purchaser.

• tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited July 2017
    back before the live chat yes , nexon had crappy support. now with the live chat, iv had to use it once , and my issues were fixed almost instantly. may have been a bit longer but you get the picture.
  • SaisSais
    Reactions: 585
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    They really should add more descriptions to packages, because usually only the item is listed. Not specific or informative at all. Either have a package, or have an option to buy each item separately if we don't want everything from it. It would give room to add a description for each item to reduce confusion and have a lot more flexibility in general.
    tracyhoodz