[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Much Needed Quality of Life Improvements

ScarlionScarlion
Reactions: 655
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi, I have noticed a set of recurring posts on Reddit and the official form of people voicing their concerns for the game. I thought it would be nice to list them all out in one long post.

Edit: It has become a lot to keep updating both posts please refer to the post I made on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/6obrqg/much_needed_quality_of_life_changes/

Patch notes:

Please make the patch notes detailed. Half the time we do not know what changes are being made the the classes. If you would like a reference to how detailed to make them please take a look at orange mushroom. https://orangemushroom.net/

Jett:

With the override update Jetts have been given long overdue buffs. However, with the incoming nerf to starfall the class is being hurt more than you may realize.
Nexon has defined Jett to have "high speed and excellent jumping abilites to allow her to move into good firing positions".
With the much needed nerf to starfall Jett's mobbing has become absolute garbage again, even while using cosmic upheaval. And there is almost no reason to use backup beatdown.
I also believe that some other changes should be made to make the class feel more fluid and overall bring it on par with other classes.
Remove the dead frames after singularity shock,planet buster, backup beatdown, cosmic upheval, starline four, and starline three.
Allow for the use of starline three and four in the air
Allow for jumping during backup beatdown
Increase the hitbox of backup beatdown with nodes such that at level 50 it is two times the size.
Match backup beatdown's hitbox with that of the animation. The animation shows that it should hit behind the character.
Revert the flash jump back to pre-override.
One major change that must be made is to add boost nodes for strikeforce showdown. It contributes to a large part of our dps yet other pirates and classes have boost nodes for their supporting skills.
Also, I think it is due time that we get the cashshop items to "recube" the core's potentials and lock it for more than a weeks time.

Beast Tamer:

Not sure about what to buff, but I agree that Beast Tamer does need to be looked at. This is a copy and paste of myomi's post below:
Take a loot at Beast Tamer. As a former Beast Tamer player(not link skill only), nexon please let us use all skills at the same time without switching animals. Even though it's considered a support class, let's be honest nobody wants to play beast tamer for many reasons. Bear mode has a incredibly long delay after Furious Strikes (main dmg skill) that stops you from dodging any one hit ko skill and almost every single boss has that kind of skill. If you want to support others the only thing you can do is to go afk while supporting because cat modes damage is a joke. So is hawk mode, but other than that hawk mode is fine. And lastly, leopard mode keeps moving your character around which makes dodging attacks really really hard.

Cubes in Reboot:

Can we please get an option to buy cubes in bundles at full price. For example, buying packs of 10 cubes, 25 cubes, and 50 cubes. This will help reduce lag during double miracle time events when people are buying hundreds of cubes as fast as they possibly can.

Commerci:

Please for Reboot either:
Increase the drop change for sweetwater gear
Add a shop where we can trade in gear or Denaros for other items
Allow us to go into CPQ solo

Drop Rate:

Please do not nerf drop rate like you have in KMS. The reason there are so many botters is that more people in western countries do not like grinding for ridiculous amounts of time. For example, the drop rate nerf makes it two times as hard to find a nodestone. TWO TIMES!!

Censored Chat:

I understand why the chat is censored but, for the day you had lifted the censor we could actually read what people were typing. Maybe it would be possible to implement an option to turn off and on the censor?

Full Screen Windowed Mode:

Can this be implemented, or something so we can play in full screen with multiple monitors and still be able to use both without loosing functionality for a few seconds while the game changes the screen resolution back to native.

Server Stability & Tech Support:

Nothing is more frustrating than to see people getting banned for server issues and then the tech support team being extremely unhelpful and telling us it is issues with our computers. Clearly, it cannot be issues with our computers when entire servers are crashing.
And please, people are getting banned from the game because of this. Change your hack detection to stop innocent people from getting axed. It is very obvious that it is autobans that are banning these people and NOT game managers, especially when game managers always hand out week/month bans on the first offense.

Exp & Drop Cards, Potions/Buffs on DC:

Please fix this, some exp and drop cards have buffs that disappear when used. Same with some potion buffs. Can we please make it so that they stick after dc-ing or re-logging.

Tyrant Gloves:

Looking at them from a person in Reboot, Tyrant Gloves are ridiculous to obtain, not only are invasions in the middle of the day (when no average human can do them) thus taking months to a year to get them but, the boom chance is too high and happens too often.
Reduce the cost
Make dailies give more coins
Have events where the cost in the shop is halved
Enable Safeguard for all stars
Nothing worse than spending months of hard work to get gloves that are pretty much worthless unless you risk booming them. -- JackDragon

Flames:

Copy paste from Fruit-Dealer's post:
I still cannot fathom why cant we have flames in GMS. I'm going to be talking about Reboot here because I play extensively on that server, but the only way to get stronger here once you hit that point in equips once you have 21%+ on your equips is to spend billions on black cubes for 3L or go +10 stars on tyrants, which can end up doing nothing for the former due to unlucky RNG, or spectacularly backfiring for the latter with booms and downgrades.
I understand when flames first came out in KMS, GMS players at first opted to not have it because of the excessive power creep, but things have changed a great deal since then. The next boss that's going to come out that will grant the other half of the arcane shade set (like Lotus and Damien completing the Absolab set) will undoubtedly be harder than Lucid, and any future bosses will be even harder still. I don't play much in the normal servers, so I cannot speak for them, but I think there is compelling reason to introduce flames, at least for the Reboot GMS server.
An argument that has come up often against implementation of flames is that it makes the process of enhancing equipment more complicated for newer players. However, this point does not take into account the fact that tutorial quests can be created in game to help players understand the process better, kind of like the star forcing quest in the light bulb that pops up once someone is level 30(?). Also, the community has created extensive guides on the cubing/scrolling process - even going as far as to collect data and inform people which cubes are statistically best in what scenario. If flames are implemented, we can guarantee that the dedicated members of the Maplestory community will step up to the plate to help others. Finally, it makes no sense for the game to deny the experienced player base a newer way to get stronger for the sake of a newer minority, operating under the assumption that they'd be too stupid to learn - the most experienced cuber/scroller was a new person once too.

Events:

Can we get events that last all day long. This will insanely help reduce server lag and crashes as the server's population won't be all on for 1-4 hours at a time. People can break apart their grinding sessions and do it when they are comfortable.

Familiar Revamp:

Can we get the improved Japanese Maple Story familiar system.

Game Functionality:

Pet Loot Lag - Please reduce this, really affects stable game play
Chat - Toggle-able Chat Filter, No Maple tips
Burning Characters - No need for the maple admin to keep popping after you hit 150
Notifications - So many unnecessary notifications when entering the game
Rewards Pts - Have them go straight to the bank rather than accept a quest
Equipment Loadouts - it would save some hassle if I could just switch to my 'Drop Gear,' 'Meso Farm,' 'Bossing,' and 'Training' loadouts at the click of a button or three.

If anyone else has something they would like to add please post below and I will add it in to this and on the nexon forums.
scholar624Its2Sharp4Uemperor52JettLuvsUVyerawequakexproHeweyTwinrovaZeroBluxJeyooand 11 others.

Comments

• ScarlionScarlion
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Um.... I have been playing jett since October. Please don't make assumptions.
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Scarlion wrote: »
    And there is almost no reason to use backup beatdown.

I'm confused. I use Beatdown to mob all the time. What do you mean by this?
    Also, I think it is due time that we get the cashshop items to "recube" the core's potentials and lock it for more than a weeks time.

These exist, I think. I remember seeing them in the cash shop. I even favorited them, I think. But they might be missing from reboot? 3_3
    I dont reboot srry
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    Hmm. I don't know what to say honestly. Some I agree with...others not so much. But I do have to say your name seems familiar as a Rebooter...-squint-
  • ScarlionScarlion
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    And there is almost no reason to use backup beatdown.

I'm confused. I use Beatdown to mob all the time. What do you mean by this?

These exist, I think. I remember seeing them in the cash shop. I even favorited them, I think. But they might be missing from reboot? 3_3
    I dont reboot srry

Once you get some range you will almost never use bb, end up using upheaval and starline 3
    JettLuvsU
  • ScarlionScarlion
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Hmm. I don't know what to say honestly. Some I agree with...others not so much. But I do have to say your name seems familiar as a Rebooter...-squint-
    def not. made this account recently.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2017
    What I would do for Jett, honestly, is switch the functions of Planet Buster and Backup Beatdown. For PB, I'd make it their normal mob skill; I'd nerf the damage, but remove the cooldown, and maybe reduce the delay a little bit. For BB, I'd make it work similar to Phantom's Tempest, where it covers a wide area continuously for a short time, with a cooldown. Because honestly, I played Jett when it first came out, and even though it was completely unoriginal, the mobbing was much better than now.
    ScarlionZeroBluxMageOfBattles
  • ScarlionScarlion
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    What I would do for Jett, honestly, is switch the functions of Planet Buster and Backup Beatdown. For PB, I'd make it their normal mob skill; I'd nerf the damage, but remove the cooldown, and maybe reduce the delay a little bit. For BB, I'd make it work similar to Phantom's Tempest, where it covers a wide area continuously for a short time, with a cooldown. Because honestly, I played Jett when it first came out, and even though it was completely unoriginal, the mobbing was much better than now.

I agree this would also be a good change :)
  • LunaSamoyLunaSamoy
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2017
    I'm all for, especially getting the full screen windowed mode and more stable servers. Please make this happen!
  • HeweyHewey
    Reactions: 440
    edited July 2017
    I'm all for chat censor opt and flames. No reason why flames shouldn't be implemented in my opinion. Not only does it give F2P players more damage, it also incentives people to do dailies to get these flames
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited July 2017
    About flames, you're looking at it the wrong way. The newer bosses are super strong because of power creep. Adding more power creep to kill them will not solve the problem. Somewhere along the line they'll release a new boss that pushes the power creep to its absolute limit, and then players will ask for a new way to get stronger so that they don't have to fully max out the current systems.

Also the drop rate changes are fine. %drop gear only hurts the game in every single game I have ever seen it in. The less impactful it is the better.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2017
    About flames, you're looking at it the wrong way. The newer bosses are super strong because of power creep. Adding more power creep to kill them will not solve the problem. Somewhere along the line they'll release a new boss that pushes the power creep to its absolute limit, and then players will ask for a new way to get stronger so that they don't have to fully max out the current systems.

Also the drop rate changes are fine. %drop gear only hurts the game in every single game I have ever seen it in. The less impactful it is the better.

The problem with flames is that the bosses are too strong for GMS players to handle, especially hard Lucid. The main reason KMS was able to beat her is BECAUSE of flames. And Nebulites don't even come close to being able to reach flames due to the limited supply, the high prices, and the lack of decent boosts in comparison to flames.
  • ZeybenZeyben
    Reactions: 510
    edited July 2017
    Agree. Familiar Revamp isnt so neccessary, as like the Tyrant Gloves are just rare as fk. More like Bring back Hekaton.
    Scarlion
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited July 2017
    what are these flames that everyone keeps talking about?
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2017
    Honestly, if they're going to implement flames in GMS, they'd probably have to remove nebulites, and good if so. They're completely deprecated at this point. They're inferior to flames and highly inaccessible, especially in Reboot, and to top it off, Nexon hasn't even removed accuracy and avoidability nebs, stats completely removed from the game.
    SlicedTime
  • JeyooJeyoo
    Reactions: 930
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I'm all for this, especially the suggestions for tyrant gloves. Stuff such as pet loot lag should have been fixed ages ago, and quality of life support should be continually improved on (e.g. chat filter. As a Mercedes main, always seeing "You are not high enough to use this skill" irks me)
  • KkikoKkiko
    Reactions: 300
    edited July 2017
    Flames for reboot? Sure.
    Flames for normal servers? No thanks.

Stronger players will have access to most flames because they can take down tougher bosses which drop better flames whereas weaker unfunded players won't be able to kill the tough bosses so they have to settle for weaker flames that drop from the not-so-strong bosses. And no, these weaker flames alone won't boost the unfunded enough to kill the stronger bosses such as hard magnus or chaos root abyss which drop better flames. They'll still need to buy into potentials and scrolling which isn't cheap either.
    This results in weaker players getting a tiny tiny bit stronger and stronger funded players getting A LOT stronger, creating a larger gap between the weak and strong.
    Not only that, but there's a scissor limit too so you can't keep trading the same item forever.

Seeing as you're a reboot player, a lot of these issues won't really exist since they have easy access to cubes allowing them to reach the point where they will have better access to stronger flames and items are completely untradeable anyways.
    Adding them for reboot wouldn't be such a bad idea, but PLEASE don't bring these to normal servers. Nebs are already bad enough.
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited July 2017
    can someone please tell me what flames are? im left in the dark here
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2017

Gross thinking. I seen a few whales who poured thousands into 15 starring and 12 9 9ing everything they have (I don't really count those as players since the way they rose to power is questionable.) This should not be THE requirement to do damage to Lucid and the harder versions of Damien and Lotus. Yeah boosting everyone's power through flames would also increase the strong players more, but flames would make accessory crafting and alchemy at higher levels more useful.

A lot of content following RED (accessory crafters were suppose to be able to craft flames and be on par with Smithing) such as the Dojo Shop, Oz Shop, Legion/Union Shop as well as the Reboot shop were suppose to sell flames. I can see more benefit from crafting and other content will be essential for player growth.

SlicedTime
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited July 2017
    Kkiko wrote: »
    Flames for reboot? Sure.

Stronger players will have access to most flames because they can take down tougher bosses which drop better flames whereas weaker unfunded players won't be able to kill the tough bosses so they have to settle for weaker flames that drop from the not-so-strong bosses. And no, these weaker flames alone won't boost the unfunded enough to kill the stronger bosses such as hard magnus or chaos root abyss which drop better flames. They'll still need to buy into potentials and scrolling which isn't cheap either.
    This results in weaker players getting a tiny tiny bit stronger and stronger funded players getting A LOT stronger, creating a larger gap between the weak and strong.
    Not only that, but there's a scissor limit too so you can't keep trading the same item forever.

Technically this would increase the gap between funded and unfunded, but with the damage cap at 10 billion, does it really even matter? Also, there's not really a drawback for unfunded players, weak or strong, they would still get boosts to their range. We also have to keep in mind that there's loads of people in between funded and unfunded that are able to kill hard magnus, or even CRA, but not anywhere close to Lotus, Damien, or Lucid.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2017
    Kkiko wrote: »
    Flames for reboot? Sure.

Seeing as you're a reboot player, a lot of these issues won't really exist since they have easy access to cubes allowing them to reach the point where they will have better access to stronger flames and items are completely untradeable anyways.
    Adding them for reboot wouldn't be such a bad idea, but PLEASE don't bring these to normal servers. Nebs are already bad enough.

Boss flames are worthless because they cannot re-roll, they can only be extracted for materials. The flames dropped by bosses are for flaming items for the first time without additional options. It is like you can't use a potential scroll to reset your potential.
    DreamyNeonAndyAnderson